You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Total bullshit.

Ali would have destroyed Tyson. As would many fo teh great heavyweights of the 70s.

Tyson mostly fought fucking chumps. He was the only genuine world class heavyweight for years.

I'm not saying he wasn't a great fighter. He was. Without doubt one of the besty ever. But George Foreman, Joe Frazier, Muhammed Ali, Larry Holmes, Rocky Marciano and Joe Louis were all far better boxers than Tyson could ever dream of being. Plus, they all fought better fighters.

Holyfield has a good claim as well.

Greatest fighter of my generation I meant..I am 30 this year and he was undoubtedly the best I have ever seen for his raw power and aggression and sheer intimidation

Compare him in his prime to Lewis,I know Lewis beat him,but Tyson in his prime would have destroyed him

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The chumps that he fought during his time made it about as real though.

also the rock never raped anyone.

the rock also never "fought" anyone.He performed a few pre-rehearsed dance moves,which I too found cool .....when I was 12 years old

Greatest fighter of my generation I meant..I am 30 this year and he was undoubtedly the best I have ever seen for his raw power and aggression and sheer intimidation

Compare him in his prime to Lewis,I know Lewis beat him,but Tyson in his prime would have destroyed him

fair enough. Arguably the best of his generation.

But I dont' think lewis v tyson would be a formality at all.

Lennox lewis is terribly under rated as a fighter, probably because he was a proper boxer - a pugilist, and not all action.

Yeah, tyson was a scrapper and an allout puncher and fighter, but when he came up against a world class boxer like Holyfield in 96 he didn't have a fucking clue.

I reckon Lewis would have out-boxed him big time, but would would possibly have been caught out with one big hit.

Id have grave reservations about putting Rocky Marciano anywhere near a ring with a 21 year old Tyson. Most the other fighters would have had trouble with him aswell, there has never been a heavyweight fighter with the movement and combinations of a lighweight coupled with the power of a big heavyweight. Its a shame there wasnt better fighters around in the mid 80's because he'd have walked through them, and anyone calling the fighters knocking about then 'chumps' is obviously an idiot.

Lennox lewis is terribly under rated as a fighter, probably because he was a proper boxer - a pugilist, and not all action.

Yeah, tyson was a scrapper and an allout puncher and fighter, but when he came up against a world class boxer like Holyfield in 96 he didn't have a fucking clue.

I reckon Lewis would have out-boxed him big time, but would would possibly have been caught out with one big hit.

Dont know how you can show the Holyfield fight up as proof to anything, Tyson had been in jail for 5 years, how was he expected to be the same fighter when he came out, anyway that fight should have happened years before.

With regards to Lewis when younger Tyson would have knocked him out, his jaw was dodgy and thats why he later went on to become cautious after getting knocked out twice. Now the Lewis of age 35 i rate highly and would put him up against anyone down the years because he brought it all together using his biggest natural attribute, height, as the base for it.

Thats probably not gonna be a problem seems though I live with my bird

Would it be less gay if it was two wrestlers touching and hugging each other

Maybe one I had drawn myself would be even better

"CHICKS" would go wild for that I would imagine

That made me laugh.

Anyway nice picture mate. For a painting its a bargain.

the rock also never "fought" anyone.He performed a few pre-rehearsed dance moves,which I too found cool .....when I was 12 years old

So what you're saying is The Rock is a more respectable human being in every way shape and form. He is more worthy of being put up on your wall.

So you're telling me that Tyson fought fighters of the calibre of Foreman, frazier, Ali, marciano, Louis etc??

the 70s was teh golden age ofheavyweight boxing. The 80s and 90s were a fucking joke and it's only barely recovering now.

And Marciano had the best jaw in the business. Possibly ever. If anybody could have take a full on Tyson onslaught and cmoe out the other side fighting, then it's Rocky Marciano!

So you're telling me that Tyson fought fighters of the calibre of Foreman, frazier, Ali, marciano, Louis etc??

the 70s was teh golden age ofheavyweight boxing. The 80s and 90s were a fucking joke and it's only barely recovering now.

And Marciano had the best jaw in the business. Possibly ever. If anybody could have take a full on Tyson onslaught and cmoe out the other side fighting, then it's Rocky Marciano!

Where did i say he'd fought any of that calibre, youve just named 5 of the greatest fighters that ever lived, two who never even fought in the 70's. The chumps point was to someone elses remark.

And the heavyweight scene isnt anywhere near recovering now because its still shite for the forseable future.

It would have been a better fight though,it would have been boxing v brawling and would have bee fascinating to watch.Tyson would have prob got cut and bruised but you wouldnt have bet against him knocking Lewis out with one puch or combo

As for the fighter he fought,yes I agree that they werent as good as the 70s but surely they were better than the fighters Lewis fought (oliver Mcall,hasim Rahman,tommy Morrison etc) And as for heavyweight boxing now then I wouldnt say its recovered now,in fact I think now its worse than its ever been

Tyson was a member of DX. He was the worst one.

I totally forgot he was in the WWF.

Its not how he earned his reputation though is it

I really wouldnt know if he was in WWF or not as i stopped watching it 18 years ago ..(round about the same time I grew pubes)

He shit himself against Stone Cold too didn't he philly? :whistle:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V5VprWqVcgc&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V5VprWqVcgc&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

tyson is lucky he had his entourage there.