You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

How good is C.Ronaldo

Kevin D

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest The Chimp

He's a total and utter twat, but sad to say he's also an immensely talented attacking footballer. If he fucks off there's no way they will they replace him, and I don't care who they get. Messi would not come into that team and contribute the goals he does, nor Ribbery, nor anyone else you care to name. He's been brilliant for them, and to say otherwise is frankly bollox (no matter how much of an uber twunt he is).

I've mentioned this in other threads, he's an incredibly, un-real player, he's exceptional no player in the world can get a ball and hit with such swerve, power and pace like he does.

But he's a tool, a diving, cheating, arrogant, disrespectful tool who despite having talent which could put him in the top bracket of best ever players, will never actually make it because he's a tool, a diving cheating, arrogant, disrespectful tool.

I appreciate class when I see it, this isn't a United thing, Giggs, Rooney, Cantona, Bergkamp, Zola, Henry. A selection of players who are exceptional talents, but aren't exactly 'tools' either.

Hating Ronaldo makes me love Torres, Gerrard and Messi a little bit more because they'll never be on the level of petulence and arrogance as that self obsessed tool from down the road. Their class on and off the pitch for players of their quality is un-rivaled IMO.

Even some United fans feel the same about Ronaldo, I remember reading a thread someone sent me on RedCafe saying that he never celebrates Ronaldo's goals, because he's such a tool.

He's the Best player in the World against the average teams.

I cant remember the last time (if ever) he has took the piss against Liverpool like he has against the weaker teams. Even Some of the European teams in the CL back off him and give him the space to run riot but if you think about it he's never THAT good against the likes of us and Chelsea.

IMO Gerrard and Messi are better.

I do think hes the best bellend in the world though.

He was the best player in the world last season. He's on his way back to that level now, but I think Messi has outplayed him easily this season. Gerrard is up there aswell, but he's a completly different player to those two and I find it hard to compare them. If the criteria for deciding who's the best player in the world was the players impact to the team he plays in then Gerrard is better than both. If it's purely skills then I find it hard to put him above them. Torres should have a mention in this aswell, so should Kaka and a few others.

Forgot about Giggs though; Ronaldo isn't even the best Man U player, so he can't be the best player in the world...

Is he fuck unplayable that is balls. Fabio silenced him at Old Toilet. However, he is a fantastic individual, but does he inspire his fellow team mates? Does he pick up a ball 3-0 down and believe the match is still there to be won? Does he track back 50 yards to make a challenge? He does none of these, and SG does all these things and does everything CR can do... Its a no brainer.

Agreed.

Although i do reckon CR is a better finisher (swerver?) of a ball.

He's the anti-Kuyt ergo I'm happy. He's possibly the 4th best player in the world but I'll never respect him and I'll forget him quickly. Great players are the ones who lit up a pitch, who you enjoyed watching, like Zidane, Maradona, Messi and Stamp. Not some petulant cunt who spends half the time on the floor crying like a baby. He's not better than Henry was.

Footy is a game of opinions, and you are entitled to yours. I always feel that the question of who is the best player in the World is impossible to answer - different positions to be taken into consideration. The question should be "Who is the first player you would pick for your side?"

For me the answer would be Stevie Gerrard - that's my opinion.

He's a fantastic player. When things are going well for him, I'd even go as far as to say that he's unplayable.

If he were to leave, the Mancs would be a weaker side because I can't imagine any player in world football they could bring in who would have the same amount of influence for them.

I hate him as much as any decent human being should. But...

He is up there with the greatest, I have to say. And not just in comparison to the current top players.

Scoring 100 goals in three seasons mainly from the wing at the highest level is fucking outrageous. And the way they've been scored is even more impressive. Right foot, left foot, headers, freekicks, penalties, long range, tap-ins.

He has singlehandedly won the filth two premier leagues and a champions league and could add even more trophys this season (which makes me feel sick).

His leadership ability and work ethic is non-existent and his passing is abysmal for a player of his technique, and then there's his disgusting attitude. That may prevent him from being regarded as one of the best (as would a failed drug test), but his pace, power and goal scoring is out of this world.

I hate him as much as any decent human being should. But...

He is up there with the greatest, I have to say. And not just in comparison to the current top players.

Scoring 100 goals in three seasons mainly from the wing at the highest level is fucking outrageous. And the way they've been scored is even more impressive. Right foot, left foot, headers, freekicks, penalties, long range, tap-ins.

He has singlehandedly won the filth two premier leagues and a champions league and could add even more trophys this season (which makes me feel sick).

His leadership ability and work ethic is non-existent and his passing is abysmal for a player of his technique, and then there's his disgusting attitude. That may prevent him from being regarded as one of the best (as would a failed drug test), but his pace, power and goal scoring is out of this world.

Apart from missing his penno...

As previously said, he's a brilliant player now mainly due to his power and his golascoring ability. However people go on about his dribbling. I don't actually see him dribbling past anybody anymore. Probably due to the fact that he's more a conventional forward who plays anywhere along the front line these days than an out and out winger.

Good player but totally self-centred. He doesn't seem to realise that football is a team game. He wants all the glory for himself, and not for his club. The amount of chances he wastes by going for goal instead of passing to a team mate in a better position is unbelievable.

Very talented player, no way as good as Messi but a total wanker and a shit team player.

The sooner he fucks off to Madrid, the sooner the Scum ship will sink and we can sail blissfully on to our rightful position at the top of English football.

Mancs could conceivably be left with only Berbatov and Rooney as their main attacking threat after this summer. Ronaldo will be irreplaceable for them. Fingers crossed anyway.