You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It will soon return as the recession bites deeper we will start to see it creep back in as the unemployment figure rises I'm old enough to remember going to the match with fans mixing in the Anfield Rd end and see that end

There were a hard core of people who went just for the fight no interest in the match but when it kicks off and you are in the middle of it then you become part of it as neither opposing fans or police gave a fuck it was a mad time and it never took much for it to kick off but some of the grounds where right shit holes and it could be like running the gauntlet getting out of grounds like St Andrews, Ellen Rd, and Main Rd, Roker Park, and Boro's old ground not places you would want to find yourself seperated from your mates

There were also those that didn't even go the game but would be waiting for the away supporters to be let out after the match for any going the local chippys

is going to kill you to death.

Seeing as you're a moderator I was wondering if you could help me. I don't want Dave getting in shit so how do I get rid of it? Oh and edit your post to take away his name because that is also what comes up when I typed his name in on google, 2 links to this thread. I have met him, he is a sound bloke but I think it's best if it doesn't get mentioned however you can still see it when I typed his name in.

Edited by Joe Le Taxi

I went to West Ham last season and walked down Green St on the way to the match. Reds having a drink with hammers in a pub on the corner, no trouble, and probably one of the best aways I've been on.

My mate said they where getting "murderers" chanted at them after the game. From a pub literally a stone throw away from the away pub.

My mate said they where getting "murderers" chanted at them after the game. From a pub literally a stone throw away from the away pub.

Didn't see any of that, went straight the coach afterwards. The ground were clapping the Justice chants though, even the hard one giving us shit about jobs and being poor and loads of other 80s stuff all day.

Lad I used to work with was well into all that shite. Was a pretty decent bloke during the week and someone you'd quite happily go for a few beers with, but come match day he just thoroughly enjoyed going out for a kicking, whether he was on the giving or receiving end didn't seem to matter to him.

Adrenalin junkie. It is quite a high.

I always love going to OT.

Even ten or so years ago when some pesky MIB tried to knock my head off with a traffic cone on the concourse ( the dozy cunt missed, then ran away ). Think it's just that whole feeling of defiance y'know? The fact that out of our global support, there's only 3000 of us going into the lion's den. And make no mistake, they fucking hate us. After the 4-1 game sirens were going off everywhere and various Reds were phoning us with tales of this and that. Hardly surprising really, given that they'd just been humiliated at home. But it was old blokes, who should know better, who appeared to be the most active.

Silly old cunts. Always admire our lot for going though.

Never seen the movie, and would never want to, but my first away match without parental presence (West Ham, 1-1, 81 or 82, I think) ended with my mate and I being chased by West Ham nutcases through the indoor market on Green Street. Happy days....kind of.