You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

MOTO GP BACK ON EUROSPORT !

Bellflower

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree, the Duke is flying this season. I can see Stoner winning 2/3 of the races this season.
I'd have to agree with that. It's a completely carbon fibre chassis this year and has the advantage of everyone now being on Bridgestone tyres, which were developed for the Duke.

It's my favourite bike on the grid but I'm a massive Rossi fan. I hope Yamaha keep Stoner honest this year. I can't see Hayden having much off an impact.

Randy Mamola's contract wasn't renewed by Eurosport this year. It's just Julian and Toby.

I'd have to agree with that. It's a completely carbon fibre chassis this year and has the advantage of everyone now being on Bridgestone tyres, which were developed for the Duke.

It's my favourite bike on the grid but I'm a massive Rossi fan. I hope Yamaha keep Stoner honest this year. I can't see Hayden having much off an impact.

Randy Mamola's contract wasn't renewed by Eurosport this year. It's just Julian and Toby.

Vic, who is that Neil dude who was co-commentating on Monday night?

That Carbon fibre chassis is a fucking major breakthrough.

Hayden is an honest and talented rider, but he is second division in comparison in my opinion.

This thread needs a greatest rider poll.

I hope you're right. Rossi has massive ability, massive balls, and an unbelievable feel for pushing a motorbike. I just think the Ducati is so strong. I'm sure Rossi will win plenty of races, but he'll also finish badly in some. Rossi's bad finishes will see him in 12th, 13th, whereas when Stoner's bad finishes will probably see him finish just shy of the podium.

Not sure that bears any serious close analysis. Rossi has finished out of the top ten 7 times in 150-odd races. No worse than Stoner, who just retires more often.

Anyhow, both are awesome riders - should be a cracking season.

Funnily enough I watched the race on the BBC (red button and all that) and Charlie Cox and Steve Parrish were very entertaining. A real sense of anarchy and danger in their conversations :-)

I particularly liked "it's deja vu, all over again"

Anyway, back to the racing. Rossi screwed up the start and even though he started to cut the gap to Stoner his tyres went and decided "better second than crash" or something like that.

I think him and Stoner will still be fighting it out at the end of the season and I'd be surprised if any of the others get anywhere near over the course of the season. There are some excellent riders there but when Rossi is on the top of his game he's pretty much unbeatable and as Stoner and the Duke look invincible at the moment this is lining up to be a good 'un.

Rossi is probably the best MotoGP rider we'll ever see and it'll be interesting if he does go to F1 or rally as is constantly rumoured.

Don't forget WSB and BSB either as both of them have provided some of the best bike racing ever.

Nothing though comes close to the Rossi and Stoner battle at Laguna last year. And they say motorcycling isn't a contact sport :-) .... a simply fucking awesome race. All I can find is this but it's still good.

And just for fun (although this isn't the reason I watch MotoGP - honest)

WTF were they doing with umbrellas at night in Qatar btw?

Aye there was no evidence of closer racing at Losail that the single tyre manufacturer rule was meant to bring. Not sure whether this rule will benefit or not. Time will tell l spose....... Qualifying not as exciting for me.
I don't see this happening for some time as there need to be some serious changes to the bikes (ie. weight distribution) before they are competitive. Suzuki are meant to be ahead of most teams in this respect.

I actually sat down and watched the WSB and the BSB for the first time. Usually I'd just watch the MotoGP but as more riders crossover (eg Guintoli from MGP to BSB) it's interesting to see how they do.

Guintoli did rather well and comes over as a top bloke when interviewed. I'll be watching him with interest over the season.

Never knew we had some bike nerds on here!

I was born and brought up in Coleraine, which is part of the North West 200 track which some of you will know well.

Been into bike racing for this reason since I was about 5 or 6.

Love Eurosport's coverage of MotoGP, especially compared to BBC's attempts.

Went over to Donington for the first time last year for the MotoGP and then the World Superbikes a few months later. Seeing Redding winning the 125 race was class, although Toseland falling on his arse in just about every session took the shine off it a wee bit!

The sheer noise and power of the MotoGP bikes was amazing to see and hear up close.

The first time Rossi went past me I must admit I got a wee shiver down my spine.

Oi, less of the nerds :-)

I like how you got into the racing. I never got to the NW200 although I did make it to the IOM once. Great fun!

My Dad used to race speedway in the army and said he was offered a place in the Liverpool team (this would have been early 50s) but couldn't afford the leathers.

He moved to Essex and we used to go to Raleigh for the speedway and it got me hooked on racing and bikes and I've been riding now for 35 years and still love it.

Nice to see other bike fans here as well.

• 2 weeks later...