You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Was a draw a good result for us today?

Chris

Is a point a good result for us today?  

90 members have voted

1. 1. Is a point a good result for us today?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not having a go at Lucas, I just didn't think he was going to help us win the game, which we should surely have been trying to do against 10 men.

What annoys me is not our inability to win the game today, it was our refusal to try to win it.

We could easily have sacrificed Lucas as soon as Adebayor was sent off and tried to get at an Arsenal defence which had been shown up to be absolutely pathetic in the 1st half.

Did Almunia actually make a save in the 2nd half?

He made a save from a Lucas shot, as a matter of fact.

:whistle:

Before the match if you said, "Draw at the Emirates." I would have been ok with that.

I dont think many people, myself included would disagree with that.

But, playing the last 30 against 10 men and still thinking a point was good enough?

Games turn and change and the sending off was a pivitol change which we didnt capitalise on.

Really good result - especially from going 1-0 down.

I think the sending-off helped Arsenal as they were starting to rock but were suddenly released from the pressure of being expected to win, raised their effort substantially and kept the ball better than they had done all game.

If we had a man sent off with 30 mins to go at anfield I'd expect us to work our balls off and scrape a draw which is just what they did.

Generally, a draw away at Arsenal is a very good result but i wish we'd have done more to take advantage of them being down to 10 men and without their two best players. I think the 'You'd have taken it at the start of the season' shouts overlook the fact that we've failed to take advantage of situations that are unlikely to happen again.

Getting back to 1-1 was brilliant but i wish we'd have gone for the 3 points after the sending off. Sammy Lee is in the paper saying 'you have to be careful you dont lose against 10 men'. I cant help thinking that's the kind of attitude that has seen us draw a few games we should have won this season.