You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Sorry Rafa, I cannot forgive you after today...

1892-LFCWasBorn

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, and great results they were. How many games in hand do filth have now and how many points behind are they?

Do you still think we'll be top after tomorrow because all I have is the hope we will be? You?

Thats funny. Have you read all the comments about today's game where I've said we were great for 60 mins? How is that intended to wind anyone up except that it doesnt match the rosetinted view of the game?

Clearly, you (and others) are happy with a point. I'd have settled for that before kick off. But the game changed and in truth, we looked more like the team with 10 men.

We arent going to be in a title challenge long if we dont take our chances. And that includes playing a team of 10 men.

7 points 2 games in hand, so if (that's a big if with the league this year) they will still be behind.

People wanted a title challenge this year, well, half way through the season we are still challenging, and they still aint happy.

Bunch of ingrates.

it's funny this thread should be made because I can't forgive the fact that some of our so called fans have turned into booing wankers this year. If that's what you call support fuck off to stamford bridge where kenyon will be happy to take your money no matter how you support the team. WE ARE TOP OF THE LEAGUE, I honestly think some people won't be happy unless we win every game 5 nil, a point away at arsenal is a good, not great but good result when you consider what they have done to the mancs and chelsea this year.

I just find it extremely funny you set yourself up to be the poster police on someone else's site and post nothing of any credit about the team. :whistle:

Oh and I'll put you back on ignore seeing as you dont post anything of any note.

If you put Hamstrung on ignore, do you still get to see his avatar? I think you should take this into consideration before any rash act.

7 points 2 games in hand, so if (that's a big if with the league this year) they will still be behind.

People wanted a title challenge this year, well, half way through the season we are still challenging, and they still aint happy.

Bunch of ingrates.

Seriously look at this closely. 2 points behind and we'd still have to go to filth's gaff.

Im mean what bit of we played great for 60 minutes is being critical of the team? Do you honestly think we went looking for the game after they went down to 10?

I've never said we should have been gung ho! and thrown caution to the wind but we really lost concentration and the plot when they went down to 10. For periods of the game from then on we looked like the team with 10. I dont fall for this its hard to play 10 men stuff. Never have, never will. You have numerical advantage. You pass the ball to feet and make the 10 men work hard to stay in the game. We didnt even do that.

good point at arsenal which I would definately have taken before the match how it actually transpired was a little disappointing.

I personally would have taken off lucas (for babel) as soon as ade got sent off and then pressed arsenal as high up the picth as possible to get the win, which could easily see you pay the price on the counter but the way I see it we are already paying the price not not going for as as much as we can.

I understand where he's coming from.

There was a total lack of ambition shown by Liverpool today.

Yes, we would all have settled for a point at 4 o'clock (I think) but when Adebayor got sent off, my first thought was Lucas off, Babel or Benayoun on. I knew it wouldn't happen, but I could still hope.

As soon as I saw Riera's number coming up, I knew we had settled for a point.

Lucas lasting until the 88th minute beside Alonso was just plain negative. Yes I'm happy with where we are in the league. Yes I think Benitez is an awesome manager but Yes I think his negative tactics could cost us the title.

There is absolutely no chance United or Chelsea would've settled for a point the way Liverpool did today.

Great post 100% correct.

Yes, we would all have settled for a point at 4 o'clock (I think) but when Adebayor got sent off, my first thought was Lucas off, Babel or Benayoun on. I knew it wouldn't happen, but I could still hope.

Lucas lasting until the 88th minute beside Alonso was just plain negative. Yes I'm happy with where we are in the league. Yes I think Benitez is an awesome manager but Yes I think his negative tactics could cost us the title.

There is absolutely no chance United or Chelsea would've settled for a point the way Liverpool did today.

Correct. Just because we thought a point would be great before kick off doesnt mean it was still great after 90 minutes when they had played for roughly the last 30 with 10.

Neither does it make you an ungratious fan if you think that. I think even the likes of fulham or west ham would have seen the arse for the taking in those circumstances and they are title chasing teams.

I dont get this idea we should always 'settle' for something be it a point at a difficult away or just wanting a title challenge. You dont get anything by staying within your comfort zone or whatever else you want to call it.

At 1-1 against 10 men, we should have been looking for the win. We didnt. I dont like quoting stats but even the possession for a while after showed arse with a bigger share than us. And we had the extra man! Someone explain that to me without saying arse worked hard. So what, we had the extra man!

At the start of the campaign, I said I wanted a title challenge. We are currently in that and that's great. But now we're in a title challenge, should we sit back and say 'oh, we're in the title race now, let's just go along for the ride, it doesnt matter if we dont win it'?

What's that all about? We're in a title race at christmas lets look like we believe we can win it. We wont win it thinking we cant or wont. We may win it if we start thinking we can.

Just shows how far we have improved if we are moaning about a point away to the Ars, we generally never get too much down there anyway. I can understand people are a little unhappy but lets be realistic, we are still top of the league, lets hope the blue shite can do us a favour tomorrow night.

With u on this 1.

Once again Rafa's fear of losing out-weighs his desire to win

Arsenal lose Fabregas to injury and Adebayor gets sent off

What do you do? Keep Dirk and Lucas on the pitch and worst of all take Riera and Keane off.

Absolutely fucking clueless.

It was a bit negative I thought. You can expect some flak from his sewing circle disciples.

With u on this 1.

Once again Rafa's fear of losing out-weighs his desire to win

I really don't get this argument. I thought we went for it by putting on two pacy wingers and keeping Gerrard up top (until Ngog came on) since he's our biggest goal threat and always the most likely player to knick a goal when we need one. Keane was invisible in the second half so had to come off and Riera always looks knackered after haft time so can't complain too much about that either.

We were inches away from winning it. It's frustrating since I think we deserved it but I don't think Rafa's "fear" cost us anything. If he was afraid he wouldn't have put on three attacking players.

I really don't get this argument. I thought we went for it by putting on two pacy wingers and keeping Gerrard up top (until Ngog came on) since he's our biggest goal threat and always the most likely player to knick a goal when we need one. Keane was invisible in the second half so had to come off and Riera always looks knackered after haft time so can't complain too much about that either.

We were inches away from winning it. It's frustrating since I think we deserved it but I don't think Rafa's "fear" cost us anything. If he was afraid he wouldn't have put on three attacking players.

Keeping a defensive midfielder on until 88 min, playing against 10 men just seems a bit too safe.

Actually fuck safe, more like negative.

It was a bit negative I thought. You can expect some flak from his sewing circle disciples.

If he said he thought it was a bit negative and he couldn't see the point in it, he wouldn't get stick.

To start a thread with the title "Sorry Rafa I can't forgive you after today" and labeling him "absolutely fucking clueless" is disrespectful and just wrong, we wouldn't be were we are if he didn't have a clue.

Criticism is one thing snideness is another.

And why exactly do you think the filth were playing that game against the south american equivalent of Porto's 2004 CL winning side?

Here's a clue, European Champions, Premier League Champions. :whistle:

Really? Why where the japanese side and the other sides taking part there?

I thought it was all by invitation but if you know better...........