You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember a good thread on here about the documentary following Laporta in his first season in charge and how he tried to change Barca's way of going about things. Buying Ronaldinho, not buying Ballack due to his wages (Catch will like that one) A really poor start, then the free signing of Davids being a catalyst......

Just a well run club doing amazingly well and the brilliant young players just keep coming through. Pedro looks a player. Have to say thats its great to see that at a such a massive club, younger players are given a chance.

Just watching them now and the football they are playing in fucking out of this world. I honestly don't think i've see two better central midfielders at keeping the ball than Xavi & Iniesta. The passing and movement is as good as i've ever seen and pisses all over Arsenal's wankfest.

Tonight they line up with 8 players who have come through the youth system. Considering they are easily the best team on the planet then thats some feat and goes to show money isn't everything.

Agreed. Their manager is also a product of the same system, they're owned by their fans, have a massive stadium that's steeped in the culture of their club and are debt-free. Just about perfect in every way, really.

I remember a good thread on here about the documentary following Laporta in his first season in charge and how he tried to change Barca's way of going about things. Buying Ronaldinho, not buying Ballack due to his wages (Catch will like that one) A really poor start, then the free signing of Davids being a catalyst......

Just a well run club doing amazingly well and the brilliant young players just keep coming through. Pedro looks a player. Have to say thats its great to see that at a such a massive club, younger players are given a chance.

Aye - pretty sure I started that thread. It was the BBC4 documentary about Laporta's first couple of seasons wasn't it? I remember seeing them all in the board room eating Jamon Iberico and necking cold beers and Rioja after watching their side twat yet another team on the way to the title and thinking, "So Joan - where did it all go wrong?".

If only there was a benevolent billionaire Red out there to snap us up, sort us out and then make us fan-owned in a grand gesture of his support...

what impresses me about barcelona at present is the way they just seem hit a switch and they move up not 1 but a couple of gears.and its so gracefull and not 1 player hides during a game they all want the ball.

I saw the second half of their game against Madrid earlier this season when they were down to ten men and did exactly that. They just played even better and dominated large parts of the game with a player less. Everyone wants the ball and everyone can keep and use it no less than very well (although some are geniuses at it).

I saw the second half of their game against Madrid earlier this season when they were down to ten men and did exactly that. They just played even better and dominated large parts of the game with a player less. Everyone wants the ball and everyone can keep and use it no less than very well (although some are geniuses at it).

any idea when the next barca- madrid game is?i've been lucky in the last few years to go to barca to see them play they won 5-1,and in september i went to see real and they won 5-0.the one game i'd love to go to one day though is the el classico.