You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Real in this title it will be the biggest piss take ever. Barca are so superior it's untrue.

I don't necessarily agree with that. The first bit especially.

Barcelona are the much better team IMO but you've got to give Madrid some credit. Since they got beat by Barca they have played 19 games, won 16 of them, drawn once (Madrid derby) and Lost 2 (both to us in the CL) That is a fucking hell of a good run.

Its going to be a brilliant game next week and a fantastic title run in.

I just hope Barca do the buisness on Tuesday and don't flatter to decieve on the big occasion. They'll have to up the anti on defending from set pieces too.

• 8 months later...

Thrashed Tenerife 5-0 away tonight. Didn't watch a lot of it as I was watching the Juve-Milan game mostly, after catching most of the Angola-Mali match. You have to see Iniesta's superb skill in the build-up to Barca's third goal though. Sublime ball control in the middle of the park to hold off around 4 Tenerife players, a quick change of direction and inch perfect through ball to Bojan, who cuts in from the left to square it to Messi for the easiest of tap-ins. 3-0 up at half time despite being battered by Tenerife for the first half hour.

Guest PurpleNose

Not sure how many academy products they had today but I can remember the commentators in the last one saying they had 10 from the 18 man match day squad.

Thrashed Tenerife 5-0 away tonight. Didn't watch a lot of it as I was watching the Juve-Milan game mostly, after catching most of the Angola-Mali match. You have to see Iniesta's superb skill in the build-up to Barca's third goal though. Sublime ball control in the middle of the park to hold off around 4 Tenerife players, a quick change of direction and inch perfect through ball to Bojan, who cuts in from the left to square it to Messi for the easiest of tap-ins. 3-0 up at half time despite being battered by Tenerife for the first half hour.

The bit where he changed direction to take it in between the two players just before the perfect pass was brilliant.

That Pedro is some player, too.

Agreed.

Its so refreshing to see a manager/coach give youth a chance. Even at one the biggest clubs in the world. Goes to shoe though.. if the club has a nabit of bringing through and giving young players a chance they are more likely to attract the best ones in the future also. Barca & Sevilla have an excellent record in youth recruitment.

Agreed.

Its so refreshing to see a manager/coach give youth a chance. Even at one the biggest clubs in the world. Goes to shoe though.. if the club has a nabit of bringing through and giving young players a chance they are more likely to attract the best ones in the future also. Barca & Sevilla have an excellent record in youth recruitment.

They have some freakishly good kids there, though.

Iniesta is the best player in the world, for me.

Busquettes (sp) has impressed me on more than several occasions but I don't think he'll be there for too much longer with the quality they have at CM. If they sign Mascherano and we take a player from them I wouldn't mind it being him.

Guest PurpleNose
The goalie is the weak link.

Imagine if they'd kept Reina? Frightning.

You're probably right. There's half a dozen Spanish keepers better than Valdes. No Catalans though (I think).

They really are a fucking good football club.