You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Geordies and Mackems DEATH MATCH!

Chris

I say let them go. They beat the shite out of each other and automatically the world becomes a better place.

How weird was that though, seeing violence inside a Premier League ground? Funny though.

Gotta laugh at Newcastle fans. Brilliant. Lost away from home at their biggest rivals (The only club that considers them a rival, not United, Liverpool or Arsenal like they think) and then kept behind and taunted for half an hour after the game. Brilliant.

Pleased for Cisse too. Really good game.

Anyone see Jeff Stelling before, he said something like: "This isn't a friendly derby, this isn't a Liverpool Everton, this is a derby with real feeling."

Come on, Jeff.

I say let them go. They beat the shite out of each other and automatically the world becomes a better place.

How weird was that though, seeing violence inside a Premier League ground? Funny though.

Gotta laugh at Newcastle fans. Brilliant. Lost away from home at their biggest rivals (The only club that considers them a rival, not United, Liverpool or Arsenal like they think) and then kept behind and taunted for half an hour after the game. Brilliant.

Anyone see Jeff Stelling before, he said something like: "This isn't a friendly derby, this isn't a Liverpool Everton, this is a derby with real feeling."

Come on, Jeff.

Yeah thought that was hilarious, our derby hasn't been 'friendly' for the best part of two decades.

Merson jumped in with a 'nobody's arsed outside the North East' though, which is pretty much the truth.

People from Newcastle and Sunderland both sound the same to me anyway, and the Boro lot for that matter, what's the big deal?

Come on, Jeff.

Mental. The Merseyside derby has plenty of feeling in it, the Newcastle Sunderland one just has plenty of madness aswell by the looks of it.

Explain that If some kids have been caught up in it. Your not soft chris but violence at the match is not funny. Idoit's people fighting at the match, Idiots

Grown blokes scrapping on the pitch? It ruled. Of course I'm not talking about kids getting caught up in anything.

Surly you don't agree with violence on a football pitch between rival fans?

Its 2008 not the 70's. Would you agree with football fans knocking fuck out of greenpeace supporters on a rally in London.

Violence is wrong no matter were it is.

Are you really gonna haul me over the coals over this? No, I don't agree with it. But it was funny.

Oh, and I'm not fucking with you anymore, I saw you leading the march the other week and I got really scared at your ferocity and hid behind Dave.

Come on, Jeff.

Yes Jeff you fucking bone smoker, why even make reference to us? I heard somewhere that the merseyside derby has produced the most bookings than any other derby, Admittedly this doesn't prove that these games are the most passionate but to say that there is no real feeling just goes to show what a fucking imbasile this man is.

Yes Jeff you fucking bone smoker, why even make reference to us? I heard somewhere that the merseyside derby has produced the most bookings than any other derby, Admittedly this doesn't prove that these games are the most passionate but to say that there is no real feeling just goes to show what a fucking imbasile this man is.

You really should spell imbecile right if you're gonna call someone it.

Yeah I think Juan was joking. I didn't realise until after I'd replied, but it definitely looks like it.

Yeah I was joking honestly. No way did I mean it literally. I was on the end seat v City right by their fans the other week and seen it go off with their fans when we got the first goal back because a few Liverpool fans were in their 'end' (in its loosest sense) and they got threw out. I was just trying to lighten the tone of a thread that could have turned nastier than the brawling at the Stadium of Light today......

That's a good post JG as you see how bad it would be without segregation, but were is Chris's apology for accepting violence at the match?

It's quite disturbing knowing somebody who is as educated as Chris applauding soccer violence.

Since when did you become a yank Al 'Soccer Violence'?!?!?! I think all these protest marches against the yanks are turning you in to a yank.

That's a good post JG as you see how bad it would be without segregation, but were is Chris's apology for accepting violence at the match?

It's quite disturbing knowing somebody who is as educated as Chris applauding soccer violence.

Could you be any more self-righteous? I'm not apologising. Get off your high horse.

*Reads thread and remembers never to have a laugh about anything. Ever.*

I know....reading the forum today, I wonder whether there is a PC campaign kicking off? Seeing humour in reprehensible behaviour, a worthy tradition, is now castigated with apologies demanded. As are fairly innocuous words that cast aspersions on the mental stability of others. It's bonkers (ha ha)

Jeez, it's just a forum, a certain amount of latitude must be given, I would think. I think it's usually pretty obvious what the intent is. I prefer to be allowed to interpret, and for others to interpret me.

You won't apologise for saying violence at football matches is FUNNY?

Never expected that from you of all people Chris

No, I didn't say violence at football matches is funny. I said this incident was funny. There were celerations going on on the pitch and then all of a sudden this knock-down drag-out brawl between two blokes started in the middle of the pitch. And it was between Newcastle and Sunderland fans. Undisputed knobheads of the football community. It was funny.

Stop being so fucking pedantic. I can't believe I'm being subjected to lessons in morals by someone who didn't want Liverpool to sign black players.

For God's sake (sorry shouldn't take the lord's name in vain, should I apologise?) stop being a dick for the sake of being a dick.

No, I didn't say violence at football matches is funny. I said this incident was funny. There were celerations going on on the pitch and then all of a sudden this knock-down drag-out brawl between two blokes started in the middle of the pitch. And it was between Newcastle and Sunderland fans. Undisputed knobheads of the football community. It was funny.

Stop being so fucking pedantic. I can't believe I'm being subjected to lessons in morals by someone who didn't want Liverpool to sign black players.

For God's sake (sorry shouldn't take the lord's name in vain, should I apologise?) stop being a dick for the sake of being a dick.

so this is what its like when the expert fisherman becomes the fish ...hook,line and sinker