You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Todays matches

James Dean

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Mascherano, Babel and potentially Lucas can all make a huge difference to us plus the fact we were playing away in a tough ground to play in i think a battling 3 points is a good result and hopefully we can put on a display againt Boro next week with possibly Babel back in the team to give us extra width.

Imagine if we had Joe Cole in our team instead. That one player, Joe Cole, Diego... someone like that... it would make so much difference.

Absolutely, but do you think Rafa would sign a player like J.Cole?

Thats what I`m not sure about.

Absolutely, but do you think Rafa would sign a player like J.Cole?

Thats what I`m not sure about.

Of course he would, given half a chance.

If he's prepared to sign someone like Benayoun, a player who's far more lightweight and only half the "match winning" ability, then of course he'd sign someone like Cole.

That's the idea. The shade is intended to put opposition strikers off. Judging by the scoreline, it's working so far.

I saw some article about it in the paper in pre season, the colour apparently makes Cech appear bigger then he is to the human eye, the effect making an oncoming striker shit himself and put it wider then he needs to to get around him. Hopefully missing. Still Nando wouldn't because he isn't human, he's a demi-god

As wankathon is in full flow on Sky over Deco there has been no mention of James been at the fault for at least 2 of Chelsea's goals and that last attempt to save the Deco shot was embarrassing.

haha yeah. Complete James howler that last one.

Has Deco been MoM Coop? Havent really been watching but Im sure I heard the commentator say he should be MoM...

Wingers wouldn't have made a blind bit of difference yesterday.

The pitch was so small, and Sunderland worked so hard to press (stark contrast to today's game where the pitch is massive and pompey backed off at every opportunity) that we wouldn't have been able to stretch the play because their was nowhere to stretch it into.

Deco has played well and there is no denying he is a good player.

He will have far further tests then this as Portsmouth had nothing in midfield to combat him as in no-one was closing him down and he had all the room in the world.

I would probably give him man of the match but there will be a lot tougher games then this.

Redknapp talking bollocks as usual saying the way Deco controls the ball by moving it forward using his studs is unique and a foriegn thing.

Usual bullshit from Redknapp as Carra does that all the time and has been doing it for years.

Deco is a young Ronnie Corbett. Fact.

Deco has played well and there is no denying he is a good player.

He will have far further tests then this as Portsmouth had nothing in midfield to combat him as in no-one was closing him down and he had all the room in the world.

I would probably give him man of the match but there will be a lot tougher games then this.

Exactly,i dont think Deco would have that room is mascherano was playing.Chelsea have won 4-0 i dont they will play like this every week.

Wingers wouldn't have made a blind bit of difference yesterday.

The pitch was so small, and Sunderland worked so hard to press (stark contrast to today's game where the pitch is massive and pompey backed off at every opportunity) that we wouldn't have been able to stretch the play because their was nowhere to stretch it into.

I posted about this in another thread, but just to make the point here aswell, you don't have to have natural wingers out wide. We just need better players than Kuyt and Benayoun out wide, that's all.

Joe Cole isn't a winger but he's better than our two who played yesterday and we'd have been more impressive with him in the side IMO (cunt that he is).

I am watching the Villa vs City match and follow Barry closely. I like what I see. Very active and mobile, good shot and passes and, not least: he gets into City`s box very often trying to finish attacks.

I definately can see why Rafa want him. Still: 6 mill. more for him than for Xabi is total madness.

What the fuck was James trying to do with that? All he had to do was tip it over but he went for the Hollywood tip round the post and now he looks like a tit. It was a good strike by Deco but it is appalling goalkeeping.

Indeed.

It even looked to me like it would have come back out off the crossbar if James hadn't touched it.