You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Most disappointing popular book

Remmie

I found Catch 22 merely alright as I was so frustrated with there being no actual story that it let me get the better of enjoying some of the honetsy and comedy of the book like I ought to have enjoyed.

However, that pisses all over the massively dissappointing "The Alchemist" by Paulo Coelho. It reads like a bad acid flashback and puts the hippy in bad stinking hippy. Anyone like it? What the fuck is he on about?

Lord Of The Rings / Of Mice And Men , it's like hell on paper

*Philistine*

Catcher in the Rye.

I’m certain it’s only read because of the link with Lennon.

Dire, dated, bitter, nasty and pointless.

If Chapman shot Salinger instead of John Lennon, he would be a free man by now and knighted for services to American Literature

*Philistine*

Catcher in the Rye.

I’m certain it’s only read because of the link with Lennon.

Dire, dated, bitter, nasty and pointless.

If Chapman shot Salinger instead of John Lennon, he would be a free man by now and knighted for services to American Literature

Wrong!

One Hundred Years of Solitude by Gabriel Garcia Marquez.

Too many characters with similar names, couldn't get into it at all, just seemed like a big incestious paedo orgy, much like all of his books actually. Which brought me to the conclusion he is a incestious paedo. And just generally massively overated.

Yeah so actually everything by Gabriel Garcia Marquez.

Wrong!

One Hundred Years of Solitude by Gabriel Garcia Marquez.

Too many characters with similar names' date=' couldn't get into it at all, just seemed like a big incestious paedo orgy, much like all of his books actually. Which brought me to the conclusion he is a incestious paedo. And just generally massively overated.

Yeah so actually everything by Gabriel Garcia Marquez.[/quote']

I had to read one of Marquez's books in Spanish for A Level class and it was one of the worst books I have ever read. I forgot I read it until you mentioned the name there. It was about some old man going to collect his war pension but it was never there and he kept returning and didn't get the point it was never gonna be there, the name of the book escapes me now though.

I once bought a book, by a Danny something or other about a man who had to answer 'yes' to every question he was asked. I think it was called 'The man who couldn't say 'no".

Anyway I got it on reccomendation from someone in here, ages ago. I should have gone to specsavers or rather I shouldn't have because that would have helped me read it better, it was a terrible, terrible book.

Wished I remembered who it was, nevertheless, I hope the 'reccomender' is conned into buying Duncs book in return for his actions.