You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Off the main subject of things

The-Sir

Pennant isnt one of those who id be looking to get shut of. Always looked a threat for us, and his attitude has been exceptional. His performance and attitude in the miniderby was highly commendable. For a good 6months or so, he was on fire and IMO was MOM in Athens. Id be sad to see him go, but i think if Rafa gets a good profit on the 6million spent, he'll probably go. The other thing we need to remember is this supposed desperation in buying English players incase the quota law comes in. Wouldnt really make sense getting shut of him if this is the case.

In our current formation his weakest attribute is highlighted. The lad offers no goal threat and doesnt beat players as often has he should when he has them one on one. We could do better than him and I cant see any long term future for him at the club.

In our current formation his weakest attribute is highlighted. The lad offers no goal threat and doesnt beat players as often has he should when he has them one on one. We could do better than him and I cant see any long term future for him at the club.

Fair point mate, i think thats the reason why he has become increasingly phased out of the staring XI. In a 442 Jermaine can operate very well on the wing, in a 4231 he has to offer that little more goalscoring threat. Id like to see him kept in the squad and given the chance to improve on that though, he's still relatively young.

Pennant isnt one of those who id be looking to get shut of. Always looked a threat for us, and his attitude has been exceptional. His performance and attitude in the miniderby was highly commendable. For a good 6months or so, he was on fire and IMO was MOM in Athens. Id be sad to see him go, but i think if Rafa gets a good profit on the 6million spent, he'll probably go. The other thing we need to remember is this supposed desperation in buying English players incase the quota law comes in. Wouldnt really make sense getting shut of him if this is the case.

Do you actually think someone will pay more than £6m for him ? :whoops:

Do you actually think someone will pay more than £6m for him ? :whoops:

I can to be honest. I definately think there is a lot more potential in the lad. The likes of Newcastle, Spurs, Pompey, City, i could see these clubs having a big interest in Jermaine. As i said before though, ideally id like to keep him.

I can to be honest. I definately think there is a lot more potential in the lad. The likes of Newcastle, Spurs, Pompey, City, i could see these clubs having a big interest in Jermaine. As i said before though, ideally id like to keep him.

'Kinnell mate. Personally, I think we will struggle to offload him.

With less pressure and a traditional right wing role I think Pennant will shine. He would do very well at Villa, Spurs or Everton in my opinion. (Clearly he wont end up at Everton)

'Kinnell mate. Personally, I think we will struggle to offload him.

Cant possibly see why mate? Clubs below the top 4 love top 4 cast offs. Pennant second half of last season was arguably our best player. Started this season well. He has plenty in his locker and would be a great signing for most sides. From what Ive seen of them, Everton look like they need someone who could provide a bit of width and a good cross. Get on it moyesy, £8m and hes yours.

In all fairness he's had quite a frustrating season. Early on he was fantastic and on the verge of getting his England debut and then he got the injury which fucked up big parts of the season. I'd love to see him here next season and I think he's got a lot to offer if he got a decent chance. Especially in those home games where the opposition sits back in front of the goal and wants to defend for a point.

One of the very few we have who can actually take on players and beat them. And also a valuable squad member. Yeah let's get rid.

You can count on one hand the amount of times he does that in one season.

Watch him closely, the majority of times he cuts in on runs or plays one twos to get past an opponent, he rarely takes a player on. If he could he would be a regular as not many players can.

You can count on one hand the amount of times he does that in one season.

Watch him closely, the majority of times he cuts in on runs or plays one twos to get past an opponent, he rarely takes a player on. If he could he would be a regular as not many players can.

I'm sure he'd try a bit more if the crowd weren't on his back. Say he's coming on, I swear 99% of the home support have already made their mind up even before he's touched the ball.

I would like him to try a bit more but even when your own fans don't have any confidence in you it's not going to help. Nothing wrong with his attitude but he should be kept purely as a squad player. It'd be silly to get rid.