You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

LIVERPOOL FC V BLACKBURN ROVERS

Red Nick

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Great finish from Santa Cruz, he's played really well today I reckon. Gotta love Carra's reaction!

Skrtel has settled well but there's still some things he needs to improve on. He was lucky not to get sent off for that foul on Roberts and he made the mistake for the goal.

Don't get me wrong, I like him so far but there's improvement to be made there which i'm sure he will make.

I thought the performance was very good and we were a class above them. Gerrard in particular was awesome.

I hope Gerrard keeps 'diving' if he plays like that every week. There's a few of our players who dive, get over it.

How someone can be so wrong in so few words, I'll never know. Yes, lets get over it and we'll see it happening more and more. But it is ok, because everyone else does it; jeez.

He looked for the first and never got contact for the second, Milan.

I don't care if he looked for it, Friedel fell for it and clearly brought him down. For the second incident Samba blocked him off, had he not blocked him off Gerrard would've been clean through. There was as much contact from Samba as Skrtel on Roberts where people are saying Martin was lucky not to have been sent off.

Gerrard deserved a yellow for that dive, especially when you can see him drag his leg against Friedel.

Excellent work from Dirk there to win the ball back.

Im not sure if anyone commented on this but even though Gerrard left his leg hanging in there, Friedel also took out his standing foot, so it was actually a clear penalty. But off course Gerrard did`nt help himself by playing for a penalty.

The pundits on norwegian telly also said it was a clear pen.

How someone can be so wrong in so few words, I'll never know. Yes, lets get over it and we'll see it happening more and more. But it is ok, because everyone else does it; jeez.

I didn't say it was okay, I was pointing out the fact that he's getting singled out for it when others do it as well.

I don't give a fuck about it though to be honest. It's part of football, a lot of players do it - I don't agree with it, but i'm not going to criticise our players for doing it now. That's just a conscious decision i've made because of what i've seen from our own players and other teams.

It would be great if nobody dived, but alas that's not the world we live in...

Im not sure if anyone commented on this but even though Gerrard left his leg hanging in there, Friedel also took out his standing foot, so it was actually a clear penalty. But off course Gerrard did`nt help himself by playing for a penalty.

The pundits on norwegian telly also said it was a clear pen.

All true, Gerrard was never going to get a penalty though as the controversy this week did not need to be added to. It was an easy decision to make for the ref, he knew it wouldn't change the game and made his life a lot easier to play on.

I didn't think the 1st incident was a pen. Friedel slid in but didn't make contact with Gerard and only forced him wide onto his left foot. Samba should have been sent off and perhaps Skrtel was lucky not to get a red. He was caught napping, didn't do a lot wrong but he was the last man. I thought we should have had a pen in the 2nd half for Samba's challenge on Gerrard though.

I don't think Gerrard dived a single time to be honest. There was contact every time.

Agreed. And why would he go down the last time, as he was through on goal, as he was for the first goal. Torres as well should have won us a pen, as the Blackburn defender never connected with the ball.

I didn't think the 1st incident was a pen. Friedel slid in but didn't make contact with Gerard and only forced him wide onto his left foot. Samba should have been sent off and perhaps Skrtel was lucky not to get a red. He was caught napping, didn't do a lot wrong but he was the last man. I thought we should have had a pen in the 2nd half for Samba's challenge on Gerrard though.

Have you seen the replay? I don't think it was a pen because he was looking for it but there was definitely contact.

Agreed. And why would he go down the last time, as he was through on goal, as he was for the first goal. Torres as well should have won us a pen, as the Blackburn defender never connected with the ball.

That was as much as a dive as Gerrard's was for the first incident. The player made no contact with the ball but there wasn't much contact with Torres either.

The 'Torres is a cheating shithouse' comments are conspicuous by their absence though...