You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

LIVERPOOL FC V BLACKBURN ROVERS

Red Nick

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think we play a strong side but it's anyones guess what the team will be. will he keep crouch in side? will Lucas come in? will he rest hyypia?

whatever the side is it must contain Gerrard and Torres. It's another 2 weeks til chelsea so we need to try and get fourth spot guaranteed as soon as possible. Everton won't get it easy away to Birmingham so we need to make sure we get 3 points.

I think we should just get the job done without risky any points then rest around the semi and final. I presume the big man does too.

BUT if the player are showing signs of tiredness in training he won't risk. Simple as that. I thought I'd remind people of that.

Babel back on the left and Torres up front instead of Crouch.

Like its been said its still two weeks away for the Champions League and we need to get fourth secured.

Im hoping Torres plays and gets a couple of goals to edge him closer to breaking Fowlers record.

I love Robbie and he is one of my all time favourite Liverpool players but to see someone beat his record in their first season at the club would be some achievement.

We,ve have 5 days rest and our next game isnt till next weekend so there is no need to rest player,

Id pick our strongest team which doesnt include Crouch and includes Lucas for Mascher.

---------------Reina--------------

Finnan--------Carra-----SKrtel-----Aurellio

----------------Lucas---Alonso----------

Kuyt---------------Gerrard-------Babel

-------------------Torres----------------

Even though I dont think Kuyt is good enough for a title winning LFC I have to concede he´s the best player for us in that formation and that position, obviouly Crouch is far better but we have to play 4-4-2 to accomodate him

Benitez urges his squad to focus

Liverpool manager Rafael Benitez has urged his players to forget the boardroom wrangles for control of the club and just concentrate on football.

The Spaniard was reacting after co-owner Tom Hicks this week demanded that chief executive Rick Parry resign.

Benitez called off his news conference ahead of Sunday's clash with Blackburn because of the ongoing power struggles.

But he told Liverpoolfc TV: "I say to the players and myself, we just need to be focused on football."

A rift is thought to have been opened after Hicks used Benitez's alleged dissatisfaction with Parry's performance in transfer dealings to attack the chief executive.

But Benitez has wisely maintained a public silence over the club's off-field problems in recent months and instead concentrated on his team's on-field performances.

He added: "We have an important game on Sunday and we have to concentrate on that."

Blackburn have been a thorn in Liverpool's side in recent seasons, and Benitez is expecting a physical battle from Mark Hughes' side.

"They are a tough team to play against because physically they are aggressive, they are well organised and it has been difficult against them in the past, but maybe this time it will be different.

"They also have players with quality. We need to be aware of their physical approach and also of their quality on the pitch."

Benitez admitted he wants the battle for fourth placed tied up as quickly as possible.

He said: "That's what we've been telling the players. We want to win every game now if it is possible, and then see what happens with Everton.

"We want to make sure we can finish in the top four and then think about the semi-final."

[sauce]

----------------Alonso---Plessis----------

Agree with that one. I'd relly like to see how Alonso and Plessis would play together. Might swap Aurelio with Riise, though. He has had some good games against Blackburn before and you should never underestimate that kind of psychological effects.

Babel back on the left and Torres up front instead of Crouch.

Like its been said its still two weeks away for the Champions League and we need to get fourth secured.

Im hoping Torres plays and gets a couple of goals to edge him closer to breaking Fowlers record.

I love Robbie and he is one of my all time favourite Liverpool players but to see someone beat his record in their first season at the club would be some achievement.

And i want him to break RVN first season record for a foreigner.

Arbeloa----Carra----Skrtel----Riise

----------Lucas-----Plessis-------

Kuyt----------Gerrard--------Babel

--------------Torres--------------

We,ve have 5 days rest and our next game isnt till next weekend so there is no need to rest player,

Id pick our strongest team which doesnt include Crouch and includes Lucas for Mascher.

----------------Lucas---Alonso----------

Even though I dont think Kuyt is good enough for a title winning LFC I have to concede he´s the best player for us in that formation and that position, obviouly Crouch is far better but we have to play 4-4-2 to accomodate him

change arbeloa for finann and that is the team :yes:

Reina

Finnan

Carra

Skrtel

Aurelio

Pennant

Gerrard

Alonso

Babel

Crouch

Torres

Would also like to see one of the reserves on the bench (as an aside that is one of the things I am looking forward to next season, with 7 subs there should be one 'reserve' on the bench each game).

Think we will win 2-0