You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Drums, drumming and songs with drums

hamstrung

• 2 weeks later...

Wouldn't normally post a clip of a kid drumming to a tune, but this is one of the best bits of drumming I've ever seen.

I know he makes it clear that he was 14 when he did this, etc, but it's amazing. For those not into this music much maybe try it from 1:30 or even 2:05 when the song chills out a decent bit. The band he's covering has the same drummer that reminds me of Reni from the Roses, and you can see first hand how the jazz influence he has like Reni did adds so much.

You should probably turn your volume down a bit before starting it too if you're listening.

[YOUTUBE]W5-2MOWrqxA[/YOUTUBE]

The craziest bit is where he's suddenly twirling his stick inbetween each few beats around 2:05, so the song's clearly not too much of a big thing for him to pull off, insanely talented.

Firth of FIFTH mate, sorry, all this stuff better LIVE with Phil Collins and Chester Thompson together, check 'Seconds Out' for some of the best drummin EVER

Bill Bruford also plays drums on seconds out,might be just one track.

Collins is great on stuff like the knife as well.

I love the three sides live album,its worth buying just for in the cage.

Another is Collins doing I dont care anymore of his hello I must be going album.

Rush 2112 is also superb,but you cant go wrong with any Rush album for drumming.

• 2 weeks later...
[YOUTUBE]ZO2qO9FaIWU[/YOUTUBE]

This song takes incredible skill to play on the drums, safe to say that i cannot play this song! The triplet variation is astounding.

It's a fun song to play, but for Bonham drumming it's got to be Rock and Roll.

The snare work takes a lot of stamina to keep up with, considering you're hitting the snare 16 times a bar, alternating between hard accents and ghost notes, and different snare patterns. Takes a lot for your muscles to adjust between a hard hit and a soft one and with so many changes in this song you're working overtime trying to get a balance.

A great song to warm up to. Simple, but gets those arm muscles warmed up in no time.

(Stick 16 Bass drum hits, per bar, in there too if you REALLY want to feel the burn all over)

[YOUTUBE] [/YOUTUBE]

Edited by Juniper

To be honest, I just really liked the song so I thought I'd post it and the drums to it are quite a catchy beat. I remembering asking my drum teacher to play The View From the Afternoon (Arctic Monkeys) and I was in awe of how easy he made it look - the timing, speed and skill was great. I don't think there's anything better than playing the drums at full speed and power.

On a side note, I'd say Bonham was probably my favourite drummer of all time with Keith Moon and Dave Grohl close behind. In modern times I'd probably say Matt Helders from Arctic Monkeys is one of the few very good drummers going around these days.

To be honest, I just really liked the song so I thought I'd post it and the drums to it are quite a catchy beat. I remembering asking my drum teacher to play The View From the Afternoon (Arctic Monkeys) and I was in awe of how easy he made it look - the timing, speed and skill was great. I don't think there's anything better than playing the drums at full speed and power.

On a side note, I'd say Bonham was probably my favourite drummer of all time with Keith Moon and Dave Grohl close behind. In modern times I'd probably say Matt Helders from Arctic Monkeys is one of the few very good drummers going around these days.

Haha, sorry. When I get in full on Drum-Geek mode there's no stopping me. Your post was fitting to the thread, ignore me. I get excited when I see posts from fellow drummers on here.

I'll completley agree about Helders. Best young 'rock/indie' drummer out there at the moment. Some really catchy beats and patterns, plus the lad has some great chops on him. Best brittish band-drummer, by a long mile.

Dont know how many on here are into the heavier side of metal, but for me you cannot beat Dave Lombardo from Slayer. I first saw them in 1990 at the NEC and I can just remember watching him mesmerised by just how quick he was, awesome.

Are you in a band Jnp?

Jnp is only "Wild" Mick Brown from Dokken!

Mick Brown (musician) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

664px-WildMick.JPG

Yes! The very same!

Here's "Wild" Mick/JNP thumping his tubs

[YOUTUBE]Ee2YFJKYF8Y[/YOUTUBE]

That's right. JNP was the drummer on this track, taken from the soundtrack of Nightmare on Elm Street 3!

WOW!

dave lombardo is a superb drummer. nick menza who was in megadeth for a while was brilliant.

Great drummers, both of them.

But the best drummer I've ever heard - and that's some fucking accolade, given the competition - is Eric Moore.

Who ?

Well I'd encourage every fucker to check Youtube and Moore will leave you dumbfounded. If I wasn't so fuckin clueless with computers I'd post some links or vids myself, sorry.

Eric Moore in Suicidal Tendencies ? Unf-ucking-believeable.

[YOUTUBE]h92iB9WJ1Lc[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]C8mvoH60wG4&feature=PlayList&p=61DD35ACEFC72660&playnext_from=PL&playnext=1&index=1[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]8E_0bBGjL70[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]1Dog4Rv0IhI&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]eS9J36D7KsE[/YOUTUBE]

Jnp is only "Wild" Mick Brown from Dokken!

Mick Brown (musician) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

664px-WildMick.JPG

Yes! The very same!

Here's "Wild" Mick/JNP thumping his tubs

That's right. JNP was the drummer on this track, taken from the soundtrack of Nightmare on Elm Street 3!

WOW!

Looks wise, that'll be me in 10 years. I already have the same haircut, but the beer belly isn't quite up to those standards. It's getting there though.

I love the heavy stuff. cannibal corpse, annotations of an autopsy, emporer etc

some excellent drumming in this kind of music. dave lombardo is a superb drummer. nick menza who was in megadeth for a while was brilliant.

Nick Menza was awesome in Megadeth. Also Paul Bostoph currently in Testament is brilliant. For pure blast beats you couldn't beat Ken Owen from Carcass either.