You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

God to touch down in heaven.

fivetimes

Guest red baron

not before time, fowler has gone and owen is the future of the club, in ten years time we will all say he is the best red ever (even better than digger). west ham at home last season was a disgrace, there were more chants for fowler in the stands than for owen who scored the two goals!!!!

[%sig%]

Except for rare individual flashes of brilliance, Fowler did nothing from 1997 to convince me he had to stay with LFC forever. Thats when he picked up his first serious injury and he was never the same since. Coincidentally Michael got into the team andwith Riedle also there suddenly Fowler had competition for places and there was someone who had the potential to be a bigger star than him.

For me his whole attitude and demeanour changed when Houllier took over and Owen came good. No longer could he be certain of his ace, score more goals than anyone, or throw mud at the manager in training.

I suppose fans stood by him for so long as he is one of our own, but I could never understand why this was at the expense of Owen. The West Ham incident was a disgrace, he had got into a fight with Thompson and sulked so preferred not to play. Even Tommy Smith in his spats with Shankly would still turn out for Liverpool FC and the fans. Fowler chose not to do this. Yet the fans still sang his name ahead of Owens.

Maybe if Owen shagged the local MPS daughter in a 3-in-a-bed romp and drank in seedy bars where peple are bound to have a pop at him his name would get sung far more.

[%sig%]

Guest red baron

fowler should be treated no differently than any other ex red when he returns to anfield, yes he scored goals for the club, but so did anelka! i once again urge everyone in the ground on saturday to raise the roof for michael, and appreciate fowler for what he is an ex player, nothing more nothing less.

[%sig%]

MLB.

1. I have no vendetta against Houllier

2. Heskey compliments Owen????. You mean as in "nice goal Mike, love the shiney new boots". Heskey compliments him in what way exactly, elaborate please. In other words, please explain to us thick bastards who think Heskey is shite what you and Houllier amongst others see in him.

Houlliers style of play didnt help robbies game at all though, if you remember Fowlers best season 1995-96 were he was superb scoring 36 goals, he had an attack minded manager and Stan was a perfect foil for him creating a lot of goals for him, not to mention McManaman, Digger and McAteer was was excellent that year. Yes the injuries slowed him down a bit but he became so bogged down in our style of play due to him not having the pace of Owen or Heskey even though nowadays the clown doesnt use his pace. (Heskey I meant not Owen)!!!

[%sig%]