You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Will Rafa win the league with Liverpool?

Will Rafa win the league before he leaves Liverpool?  

134 members have voted

1. 1. Will Rafa win the league before he leaves Liverpool?

• Yes
    • Yes, but only if he changes certain things
    • No

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes Rash because you were the only person to say it weren't you?!?!?!

And of course you'll be right about Kuyt, in the space of 7 days you've said he's shit and brilliant bit of a win win don't you think.

Kuyt is the best partner we have for Torres at the club, it doesn't make him good going by the competition... get what I mean?

Yes still unbeaten

but little bobhorse we can go on for weeks racking up draws and still find the likes of Arsenal, Utd pulling away, just delaying the inevitable..

if we want the title we're going to have to show more effort, more tempo and more pressing than we have in the last few games and Rafa has to play all his best players when fit and stop worrying about what the opposition are going to do so much.

read my new quotation; the die is cast, it is time to conquer, it is time to fight

Find it hard to believe, (well actually given the rose tinted glasses too many seem to wear, I dont,) that 33% of people think Benitez will win the league without making any changes in his philosophy!

Just what on earth to they base this on, blind optimism?

A combination of optimism, Rafa's career to date and better players. By better players I mean the ones we have now compared to previous seasons, not that we need to go and sign more players although defensive cover would be good.

A combination of optimism, Rafa's career to date and better players.

Yes, I had optimism.

Benitez's career to date, in the PL has been no more than good. Yes, he can outthink the opposition but he also outthinks himself. His team selections and tactic at times have been baffling.

Better players, that'll be the ones he rests on the bench, would it?

but little bobhorse we can go on for weeks racking up draws and still find the likes of Arsenal, Utd pulling away, just delaying the inevitable..

if we want the title we're going to have to show more effort, more tempo and more pressing than we have in the last few games and Rafa has to play all his best players when fit and stop worrying about what the opposition are going to do so much.

read my new quotation; the die is cast, it is time to conquer, it is time to fight

Now read my quote Premierships are won in May if we are unbeaten still in May and we arn't Champions i will say your right

If that Happens i will show my arse in Burtons Window and you can take the Photo what will you be doing if we lift it in May kind Rebel

A combination of optimism, Rafa's career to date and better players. By better players I mean the ones we have now compared to previous seasons, not that we need to go and sign more players although defensive cover would be good.

You could have the best squad of top class players in the world, but if you chop & change like Rafa does you won't win the league. All teams need continuity & the way rafa tinkers with our team all the time theres no continuity atall.

You can get away with this in europe but over 38 league games it doesn't work.

Rafa should play his best team week in,week out. When the games are won at 2-0 with 30 mins to go, then bring the top players off to rest. We have in my opinion the best squad in the league.

Is Rafa to stubborn to except when he's wrong? I believe he is & im starting to doubt if he will ever bring us the Title. He's put together a great squad of players but will we ever see it reach it's potential?

Yes, I had optimism.

Just answering your question no need to get a snot on.

Benitez's career to date, in the PL has been no more than good. Yes, he can outthink the opposition but he also outthinks himself. His team selections and tactic at times have been baffling.

That's a fair comment but I take into account his success in Spain and the trophies he's won here, plus he generally seems to know what he's doing when it comes to football.

Better players, that'll be the ones he rests on the bench, would it?

I want Torres to start most of the games but I've already said that. Rotation is a thorny subject and has been done to death, all I say is that I respect the fact that Rafa has his own methods and I have confidence in him.

You could have the best squad of top class players in the world, but if you chop & change like Rafa does you won't win the league. All teams need continuity & the way rafa tinkers with our team all the time theres no continuity atall.

You can get away with this in europe but over 38 league games it doesn't work.

Rafa should play his best team week in,week out. When the games are won at 2-0 with 30 mins to go, then bring the top players off to rest. We have in my opinion the best squad in the league.

Is Rafa to stubborn to except when he's wrong? I believe he is & im starting to doubt if he will ever bring us the Title. He's put together a great squad of players but will we ever see it reach it's potential?

We're still unbeaten this season and well placed to make a challenge so I think it's too early to say whether or not rotation will cost us. You could argue that it cost us today but then we played what some consider to be our full strength team against Porto, or the strongest available, and served up a Pot Noodle of a performance. You can't just blame rotation every time there's a crap result/performance.

Only Torres was rested today anyway out of the players you expect to start most games.

He will never change it though will he then, who the fuck is he trying to prove a point to not us liverpool fans.

Yes i'm also wondering who the hell is Rafa trying to impress/make point to.

Certainly hes not impressing me anymore.

Certainly not impressing any of the Liverpool fans I've known for the last thirty five years.

Certainly not impressing a lot of the forumites on this site.

Certainly not impressing many on the other forums and radio phone ins.

Certainly not impressing all of theTV pundits

Certainly cannot be impressing our board or our owners.

Certainly not impressing Torres (by the look of his face sittin on the bench)

Who is left....yes the press... It looks very like hes sayin to the press every game that heres a team that I think will win this particular game NOT the team that will definately win this particular game. No matter how much I get criticised.

Cmon Rafa my patience is wearing very thin.

Firstly, you were given the benefit of the doubt coz you were new.

Secondly, you were saved from criticism by winnin CL (too early imo)

Then you had the excuse of playin 6 very difficult away games at start of last season to protect you.

I'm sorry but this is now another season and you are still rotatin just to make a point FFS rafa I've had enough.

The smirk on your face last season when you kept the same eleven at the 100th game worried me.

Your early season promise of playin your strongest eleven has disappeared.

Cmon Rafa tell us what you bought Torres for? certainly leavin a 21yr old

£21m striker on the bench for the start of last two league games is a no brainer for me.

This lad has come here to play football in the English League (ffs) which I'm sure he would gladly do every day (like any fit young man would) and not just at the whim of the manager.

I would rather he came on for an hour first and do a job and then get a rest.

Why is it that every fan/pundit/neutral etc in the country can see this but you Rafa?

We will not win the league while you continue to rotate the squad.

Play your strogest possible team every league game Rafa, if you genuinely want to win it!....

I am however, not sure anymore.

I'm pretty sure Rafa's intention with rotating the team is not to win the Premiershp but to make the likes of Rash and Red Nick really angry.

Aye. I bet he is sat at his breakfast table right now with his laptop reding this thread, pissing himself.

"Just wait for my next one. Gerrard on the right and Yossi centre mid. For sure that Radish will explode."