You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Robinho?

rebel23

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Veron ok can agree on him

Morientes we never played to his strength IMHO

Reyes thought he did ok for Arsenal and it wasnt cos he was lightweight that he left

Ballack first season plays the same role as Lampard and 2 into one doesnt go not a failure in my eyes

Im sure Garcia was knocked about in La Liga but he did ok

Robben

Zola

Juninho

Cantana

Henry

Ronaldo

All seem to have been able to adapt to the Prem well enough wouldnt you agree.

I dont believe it is a physical thing that allows players to adapt to the Prem, its the mental side of it IMHO if they want to they will.

Im sure players have tried to kick lumps out of him, every time he has gone on the pitch, throughout his footballing life, but he has shone enough to be where he is.

Id have him tomorrow without a doubts.

after all, the same doubts would have to be held about Mancini, Simao, etc until they dispelled them, wouldnt they ?

Oh and i think he would produce 3 times the goals from the left that we have had in the last 3 season Fact

You might be right.

There's always ifs and buts, however if I see a player struggling physically in a 'softer', albeit better, league then I'd be daft not to question a transfer to a more physical league.

See my previous and last post about mentality.

You might be right.

There's always ifs and buts, however if I see a player struggling physically in a 'softer', albeit better, league then I'd be daft not to question a transfer to a more physical league.

See my previous and last post about mentality.

Ok but i would prefer the half full senario?

I have seen him master better defences than he would face week in week out here ?

Robinho's not really a winger though is he? I've always thought he was more of a forward, and you've basically got to give him a license to go forward and do what he wants. Very skillful player, but can't see him having the positional strength to play left midfield in the Prem. Would be more of a second striker type.

Robinho's not really a winger though is he? I've always thought he was more of a forward, and you've basically got to give him a license to go forward and do what he wants. Very skillful player, but can't see him having the positional strength to play left midfield in the Prem. Would be more of a second striker type.

Spot on

behind Torres with Mancini and Simao on either wing

the Robinho bandwagon is rolling

---

Liverpool, Arsenal invited to bid for Real Madrid's Robinho

tribalfooball.com - June 19, 2007

Arsenal will be invited to bid for Real Madrid winger Robinho this summer.

El Mundo Deportivo says Real chiefs intend to cash in on Robinho to fund a bid for AC Milan midfield ace Kaka. The Brazil international midfielder is regarded as the only player on Real's books capable of raising a big enough fee to strengthen their hand in negotiations for Kaka.

Only in January, Robinho admitted that AC Milan had expressed interest in him, while Arsenal moved for the former Santos star last summer, but were put off by Real's £15 million asking price.

Liverpool boss Rafa Benitez will monitor developments closely, particularly after losing out to Manchester United for Nani earlier this month.

Robinho goal sees Brazil progress

_42465404_robinho203.jpg

Robinho scored the only goal of the match as Brazil defeated Ecuador to qualify for the quarter-finals of the Copa America in Venezuela.

Robinho, who notched a hat-trick in their 3-0 win over Chile, scored from the penalty spot after 56 minutes.

The Real Madrid player had gone down under a challenge from Giovanny Espinoza - and the Ecuador players were visibly irritated by the decision to award a penalty.

After defeat to Mexico in their opening match, Brazil won their final two group games to finish on six points and claim second place in the group while Ecuador ended their campaign pointless.

Brazil coach Dunga:

"The team depends on all the players.

"If you look at the game against Chile, you'll see that Vagner Love won the penalty, Vagner Love set up the second goal and was involved in the third, so it's not just Robinho.

"We never played for a draw. We scored the first goal and were still trying to score goals in the 88th minute.

"We didn't really get going until the last 20 minutes of the first half. It's very difficult for Brazil because the other teams close up against us."

---

4 goals in the Copa America so far for the lad, not bad for a supposedly shit player :whistle:

the Robinho bandwagon is rolling

---

Liverpool, Arsenal invited to bid for Real Madrid's Robinho

tribalfooball.com - June 19, 2007

Arsenal will be invited to bid for Real Madrid winger Robinho this summer.

El Mundo Deportivo says Real chiefs intend to cash in on Robinho to fund a bid for AC Milan midfield ace Kaka. The Brazil international midfielder is regarded as the only player on Real's books capable of raising a big enough fee to strengthen their hand in negotiations for Kaka.

Only in January, Robinho admitted that AC Milan had expressed interest in him, while Arsenal moved for the former Santos star last summer, but were put off by Real's £15 million asking price.

Liverpool boss Rafa Benitez will monitor developments closely, particularly after losing out to Manchester United for Nani earlier this month.

That's from a few weeks ago and nothing else has been speculated has it?

what position does he play? winger or forward or bit of both.

If he can do a job on the wing nd he's available at a cut price then I'd have him as he is better than anything we have. We were supposedly after Ashley Young. he and Robinho have a similar build. That i'd say is where the similarities end.

I would go for Quaresma. heard few people mention simao - got to say not too keen

Its all Price based

I think Simao is a fantastic player but his age means that he will only be here for 3 years

Quaresma on the other hand would be available to us for longer but if he is going to cost twice as much then i would go with Simao

If they are priced around the same mark then the youngerman has it

Tough choice but that is were Rafa earns his corn