You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Smashing Pumpkins fans

Gav

Guest TK-421

I have mixed feelings. They've done some great things but Billy Corgan's whiny vocals and self obsession can be a bit much to bear.

Guest PaddyBerger15

They were once a great band, Gish, Siamese Dream and Mellon Collie were cracking albums, but their best days are a long way behind them.

They rocked at the Royal Court many years ago.

Guest TK-421
They were once a great band, Gish, Siamese Dream and Mellon Collie were cracking albums, but their best days are a long way behind them.

Don't you want to smash a pumpkin over Corgan's head sometimes? Just for general whining and me me me-ness.

I also think some of their songs go on for too long, especially on Siamese Dream.

Guest PaddyBerger15
Don't you want to smash a pumpkin over Corgan's head sometimes? Just for general whining and me me me-ness.

I also think some of their songs go on for too long, especially on Siamese Dream.

Yes and No.

Guest PaddyBerger15
dildos for smashing pumpkins fans to put in their faggoty asses.

Its true that they do lack the Rollins/Black Flag intensity like.

Almost.

It's I/They don't have no function

I paraphrased to make it more pumpkins dissing.

So there.

And it was only I/They because Malkmus almost sang the wrong lyrics but they left it in the recording anyway. Pavement hate the Pumpkins and so do I!

The gig where some lad made it on stage and frightened D'Arcy?

I like them, was close to loving them after the first 3 albums and then they went a bit wrong, Zwan was better than I thought it'd be.

Guest PaddyBerger15
The gig where some lad made it on stage and frightened D'Arcy?

Thats the one mate, some drunken tit got on stage and fell all over her, and the band left the stage, they then came back on awhile after and then discovered that somebody had nicked one of their bags.....some tit then shouted 'Rhinoceros' two songs after they played Rhinoceros....The band played well.