You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Monarchy

Remmie

Just now, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

There is a difference between Flagshagging Tommy Robinson acolytes and downright horrible bastards and normal people. 

ive just always found the whole concept bizarre

grovelling to a family through an accident of birth.

its ridiculous.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

You know sometimes you have a moment, you say the wrong word or something, fail to get an answer in a quiz you really should have known, stuff like that? You feel a bit stupid for a few seconds or you’ve made yourself look daft. 

Next time that happens just remember that all of those are ‘serious’ people and this is how they think and talk and make a living. 

It’s mind boggling. I know which side I’d rather be on. 

• Upvote 2

40 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Fucking hell

I’m not an oncologist but I’m relatively confident to say that stress doesn’t cause cancer. 

But, even if it does, why automatically it’s been brought about by stress related to Harry and Meghan? Why was the stress of losing his parents and becoming head of the Royal Family not to blame? Or having to deal with his brother pretty much being outed as a seedy wrong ‘un? 

I can’t q-white put my finger on why? 

• Upvote 3

On 05/02/2024 at 20:17, chrisbonnie said:

as Gnasher said, i wouldnt wish cancer on my worst enemy either. 

so best if luck to the chap, i hope he makes a full recovery. 

im irish, so ive no vested interest in the monarchy. Ive equally no ill feeling towards them either, each to their own. 

He comes across as an ok dude, i actually watched some weird youtube video recently of some scottish mountain bikers that ran into him, while he was walking on a trail up in Scotland, he seemed a courteous fellow, you cant ask for much more than that  

i wish him well

As with a lot of folk , you never see what they're truly like until their backs are against the wall. 

Unlikely to ever happen in this instance.