You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Right, f*ck this. It simply has to be said...

Kopite

I've been saying for some time that I believe Frank Lampard is a 'big game bottler'. It was the semi-final 1st leg at Stamford Bridge when I first thought it- not just his almost unmissable chance where he blazed over, but his performance in general; he seemed overawed by the occasion. Then again at Anfield in the return leg, he was almost anonymous. Then last seaon, he failed to show up at Old Trafford when United beat them 1-0. I mean, he let Darren Fletcher run the show, which says it all.

Sure, he gets goals from the midfield, but there have not been many occasions where he has scored in 'big games'. Against Barcelona at Stamford Bridge last season he was awful, and the only contribution he made in the Nou Camp was the penalty at the end.

And now the world cup- the pinnacle for most players, he simply has been woeful. Not only has he been dire, but you can tell that Gerrard's performance is affected by having to 'share' the attacking duties. Speaking of Gerrard, it is unbelievable that Lampard is rated higher (in them FIFA awards). Gerrard can do everything on a football pitch- Lampard is one dimensional. He can't tackle, he isn't especially fast, nor inspirational. When the going gets tough, he shys away from the limelight, just when the best players are supposed to stand up and be counted. He just is not the player that he is made out to be. For me, Gerrard is the best midfielder in the world, whereas Lampard doesn't even come close. Vastly overrated.

Guest Kenny
...How f*cking sh*t is Frank Lampard?

If England win this one it is inspite of that fat c*nt not because of him.

He gifted the ball to Ronaldo who was straight on the centre backs.

Absolute f*cking dog sh*t.

you really need to take a reality check and take your red tinted shades off and smell the coffee.

you really need to take a reality check and take your red tinted shades off and smell the coffee.

Which part(s) of this:

I've been saying for some time that I believe Frank Lampard is a 'big game bottler'. It was the semi-final 1st leg at Stamford Bridge when I first thought it- not just his almost unmissable chance where he blazed over, but his performance in general; he seemed overawed by the occasion. Then again at Anfield in the return leg, he was almost anonymous. Then last seaon, he failed to show up at Old Trafford when United beat them 1-0. I mean, he let Darren Fletcher run the show, which says it all.

Sure, he gets goals from the midfield, but there have not been many occasions where he has scored in 'big games'. Against Barcelona at Stamford Bridge last season he was awful, and the only contribution he made in the Nou Camp was the penalty at the end.

And now the world cup- the pinnacle for most players, he simply has been woeful. Not only has he been dire, but you can tell that Gerrard's performance is affected by having to 'share' the attacking duties. Speaking of Gerrard, it is unbelievable that Lampard is rated higher (in them FIFA awards). Gerrard can do everything on a football pitch- Lampard is one dimensional. He can't tackle, he isn't especially fast, nor inspirational. When the going gets tough, he shys away from the limelight, just when the best players are supposed to stand up and be counted. He just is not the player that he is made out to be. For me, Gerrard is the best midfielder in the world, whereas Lampard doesn't even come close. Vastly overrated.

do you disagree with?

If I was Mclaren now, I would be dropping Beckham, Lampard, Neville, anyone who wont be around in 4 years basically. Starting Hargreaves as the main midfielder with Gerrard and Crouch with Rooney upfront. Lennon on the right hand side with Carra as right back until someone else comes along who can play right back and fuckin starting all over again.

Simple fact is for "2nd best player in the world" he is a shit excuse for a football player and he has been found out on the world stage. Once he hasnt got the billion quid squad behind him he is found out, he is a traveller basically, not a driver.

Guest Kenny
Which part(s) of this:

do you disagree with?

The lets jump on a bandwagon campaign, I'm sure as we speak some Chav site is blaming Gerrard and Carra even though Gerrard was England's top scorer. We always need a scape goat for when we fuck up as a country, Sven, becks, Lamps i just dint get it, we aren't good enough....no other reason.

Guest Gazmo25

Got to agree with this. He has been shown up big time in this tournament. Chelsea are set up to accomodate Lampard and it is no coincidence that Essien has looked promising for Ghana as he doens't have to do any donkey work for anyone.

I really don't see the fuss about Lampard. I think he is a decent player with a good shot on him. You never see him beat a man, he can't tackle, he can't dictate a game and his passing is a joke.

Gotta say, as a welshman, thatr that was unlukcy tonight. And if ther is one silver lining, its that Ronaldo has made hispostion at United even more untenable. Hopefully the horse wont forgive Fergie and he and Ronaldo will both leave. That should make things somewhat easier for us.

Guest Passionate Red
If I was Mclaren now, I would be dropping Beckham, Lampard, Neville, anyone who wont be around in 4 years basically. Starting Hargreaves as the main midfielder with Gerrard and Crouch with Rooney upfront. Lennon on the right hand side with Carra as right back until someone else comes along who can play right back and fuckin starting all over again.

Simple fact is for "2nd best player in the world" he is a shit excuse for a football player and he has been found out on the world stage. Once he hasnt got the billion quid squad behind him he is found out, he is a traveller basically, not a driver.

Totally agree with this point of view. Have been thoroughly impressed with Lennons performance throughout the tournement, and believe he should replace Beckham as starter. With his performance today Owen Hargreaves must be aspirering for the start eleven. And let him or Carrick play alongside Gerrard (or in worst case scenario Lampard), not both. They almost seem to cancel each other out (must admit I think todays game wasn't Gerrards finest hour, and have generally been a bit disappointed by his over all performance).

And then play with to strikers, preferably combination of a large, strong and small and fast striker. Think Crouch has done well in the WC.

If nothing else I think this tournement has shown who are the players to bet on for the future.

Someone chatting shit on this thread. Lampard was poor and should have been dropped after the group games. Anyone who thinks he is the scapeoat think again. Hargreaves was the biggest stick to beat Sven with and they've been proved wrong on that one. Chelsea's players are supermen in the media's eyes.

Anyone who doesnt think our worst injury free player was Lampard need their eyes tested.

Had 27 shots and hardly troubled the keepers. Passing terrible, slow and greedy. I dont care who he plays for he was shit.

I'm sure Ballack is quaking in his boots.

The lets jump on a bandwagon campaign, I'm sure as we speak some Chav site is blaming Gerrard and Carra even though Gerrard was England's top scorer. We always need a scape goat for when we fuck up as a country, Sven, becks, Lamps i just dint get it, we aren't good enough....no other reason.

It's because he's sh*t and goes missing more than Lord Lucan.

Lampard Angry With Critics

Lampard Angry With Critics

Sun 02 Jul, 7:09 PM

Frank Lampard hit back at the critics who have slated his World Cup performances and told them to show him more respect.

Lampard came into the tournament as runner-up behind Ronaldinho in FIFA's World Player of the Year award and had another outstanding season with Chelsea.

He was England's top scorer in the qualifying campaign but he did not find the net in Germany and missed a penalty in the quarter-final shoot-out defeat to Portugal.

Lampard said: "I've been a little bit upset that, after what I've done in the last couple of years, I've missed chances and a few people have been on my back.

"I'm upset about that because I've worked my socks off to try to be successful in this World Cup.

"I would have loved to have scored the winning goal and shown a few people what they wanted to see.

"I'm getting criticism from outside and I feel it's a bit unjust and it gets my back up.

"I think I deserve a little bit of respect for what I've done in the last few years but sometimes people come and want to knock you down."

I'd like to knock you down, you moon-faced cunt.

He's had a terrible World Cup when he should be shining and proving himself on the world stage. In my opinion to be classed as a World class Player you need to prove yourself on the world stage i.e the World Cup. Not only has he not done that but he's been fuckin shite and Englands worst player this tournament. Noone can say he's World Class.