You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Fixtures out today.

Stouffer

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

WARNOCK: IT'LL BE TOUGH FOR LIVERPOOL

Paul Eaton 22 June 2006

Neil Warnock looked forward to welcoming Rafael Benitez and his players to Bramall Lane on the opening day of the Premiership season and quipped: "It's a tough start for Liverpool."

The two sides will meet on the first weekend of the new season and Warnock admits he can't wait for his side's first match back in the top flight to get underway.

He said: "It's an exciting game for everyone at the club and it'll be tough for Liverpool! It's a fantastic way for us to start the season.

"We wanted a big club at home on the first day and everyone will be looking forward to this one now. It's as difficult a start for us as we could have wished for but we're looking forward to it."

Oi Warnock! Shuuutttt itttttt!!

4-1 to us. Alves, Kuyt, Bellamy and Gonzalez. Own goal by Aurelio for them.

Paul Eaton 22 June 2006

Neil Warnock looked forward to welcoming Rafael Benitez and his players to Bramall Lane on the opening day of the Premiership season and quipped: "It's a tough start for Liverpool."

The two sides will meet on the first weekend of the new season and Warnock admits he can't wait for his side's first match back in the top flight to get underway.

He said: "It's an exciting game for everyone at the club and it'll be tough for Liverpool! It's a fantastic way for us to start the season.

"We wanted a big club at home on the first day and everyone will be looking forward to this one now. It's as difficult a start for us as we could have wished for but we're looking forward to it."

baltar.jpg

Let the attack begin

Paul Eaton 22 June 2006

That's fair enough really - I think it will be a tough game for us, but I think we'll run out 4-0 winners and send this shite straight back down with any luck!

Fucking hell!!! You feeling alright,John?

Exactly what I was thinking!

I was saying to everyone in the office that we'll have Sheff Utd away, which obviously makes me some sort of 'nostradamous' character.

My next prediction is that three busty blondes will walk into my office to sexually abuse me. I'll report back with the findings...

Exactly what I was thinking!

I was saying to everyone in the office that we'll have Sheff Utd away, which obviously makes me some sort of 'nostradamous' character.

My next prediction is that three busty blondes will walk into my office to sexually abuse me. I'll report back with the findings...

I know a lad who works a few streets down from you Ian and he said that he's just seen Boris Johnson and two similar looking mates heading in your direction. Just thought I'd give you a heads up.

A new wave of confidence has washed over me. I just think that the improvement is exponential. Benitez has learned so much over the two years and with a couple of new signings and Robbie knocking in 15 or so and Xabi and Gerrard buzzing after the World Cup and the quasi watertight defence we have...I feel really good about it.

It'll be a four-horse race and if we improve our take against the top sides, I think it could be ours.

A new wave of confidence has washed over me. I just think that the improvement is exponential. Benitez has learned so much over the two years and with a couple of new signings and Robbie knocking in 15 or so and Xabi and Gerrard buzzing after the World Cup and the quasi watertight defence we have...I feel really good about it.

It'll be a four-horse race and if we improve our take against the top sides, I think it could be ours.

Hear hear!

I want the old John B back....

Nah, this is the new improved version.

If we get all of these lads we've been linked with, then we'll have a great chance as we'll have got in the players to cover our weaknesses and will have strength in depth. As 05 Milan said, September will be a crucial month, given that Chelsea only dropped points in 9 of their games last season. If we get off to a good start, then I see no reason why we can't win it next year.

Our fixtures after our first 3 Champions League games (should we qualify) are:

Chelsea away

Bolton away

Man Utd away

Hoefully we'll get a reasonably easy CL group, but if not, it begs the question should we fuck the CL off this year and go for it in the league? I'd rather win no. 19 than no. 6 if it comes down to one or the other.

Chelsea away

Bolton away

Man Utd away

Hoefully we'll get a reasonably easy CL group, but if not, it begs the question should we fuck the CL off this year and go for it in the league? I'd rather win no. 19 than no. 6 if it comes down to one or the other.

But Mourinho said it was Chelsea who the FA fixed the fixtures to screw.

But Mourinho said it was Chelsea who the FA fixed the fixtures to screw.

That was pathetic wasn't it? I reckon he was trying to influence this year's fixtures before they happened. I've not had a proper look at their fixtures yet, but it wouldn't surprise me in the least if Chelsea's fixtures are loaded more favourably.

Chelsea away

Bolton away

Man Utd away

Never going to happen like that though is it mate. We will be going all out to win everything this year and to be fair that's the best mentality to have. You're likely to have one very tough Champions League game in there and hopefully two easier games; with the depth we have now we should be able to cope with that.

Guest TK-421

Chelsea away

Bolton away

Man Utd away

That sucks arse.