You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

What was our best ever season?

James H

so many moments from so many years. obviously for the older crew like me dad 77 as it was cumulation of one mans dream, vision.

for me my 82/83/84 my first trips to wembley in me dads van with all his mates.

81, I have brief memories of that final but i can remember 84 more.

the team of Barnes, Beardo, Aldridge.

Kenny scoring at chelsea and winning the title.

sitting on a beach in bali watching us do the treble in 2001 was pretty good

And of course last year just for the sheer mentalness of it

im adding my vote to 86. The year I started going to the away games. a fantastic season with so many magic moments. the night we beat leicester away and the blues lost to a last minute goal from Les Phillips is one i'll never forget.

And Oxford have just gone out of the league..

Have to say 87/88 - the greatest football I've ever seen played. John Barnes that season was untouchable.

All of the above and SilvahWasBorn

86 was fantasic thinking nostalgically as a teenager but as as an adult 2001 was the first real feeling for 11 years we were getting somewhere again (not for long) and that fa cup final was just brilliant and we finally made the champions league.

Last years final was obviously amazing but the first half of the season was dreadful.

My best season as an adult? Next year (as usual).

Hard one but last year for sure. We used to take it for granted and that was the way it was. Then we had 2001 and that was very good but the pleasure and pride I felt last year was the best for sure. We did it, we won it for the 5th time and kept it sorry it dont get any better.

Only one that comes close was 77. Then again that is in my time following and watching the reds. In my era that is it 77 but was better trophy wise but to think you would never see it again and to be down 3-0 at half time and take it home beat that.

Sorry pissed and drunk and see yous who are going tomorrow.

They've all been done, but the best was unquestionably Joe's Treble in '84. My favourite is then a toss up between several: Kenny's Double was very, very special; GH's Treble was great; the Barnes/Beardsley/Aldo year was incredible football-wise; and the first year of the Rafalution was miraculous.

Since I started supporting the reds back in 1990 my favourite season has to be the 2000-01 campaign (despite the Mancs winning their 3rd straight title). The 2nd half of that season in particular was excellent-didn't we accumulate more points then Man Utd from January onwards?

Also how good was that final week of the season? Arsenal in the F.A. Cup Final, Alaves in the Uefa Cup Final and then the 4-0 win at Charlton to secure 3rd place in the PL.

1987/88 the best football i have ever seen with the holy trinity Barnes Beardsley and Aldo, £75 for a Kop season ticket!

1986 Wembley and Trim Trab.

1977 crying on the Saturday wearing full white away kit, jumping all over the living room Wednesday in full red kit as we lifted the big one!!!

1987/88 the best football i have ever seen with the holy trinity Barnes Beardsley and Aldo, £75 for a Kop season ticket!

1986 Wembley and Trim Trab.

1977 crying on the Saturday wearing full white away kit, jumping all over the living room Wednesday in full red kit as we lifted the big one!!!

I will only be donning the old trim trabb for this saturday in cardiff!!

Cant beat nostalgia.

I will only be donning the old trim trabb for this saturday in cardiff!!

Cant beat nostalgia.

Bought a pair of Forrest Hills for the trip mate!!

Lets me an u get a couple of sun hats and reminisce!!!

being in my mid 30s the first season i can remember is '77 so there are many to chose from, but for me 87-88 was my favourite, as already mentioned, Barnes, Beardsley and Aldridge, a joy to watch, and the 5-0 drubbing of Forest was sublime. As i get older though they all seem to mean more, last year was special, and i have a feeling next year might be the best yet!!