You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

NO SIMAO THEN

Red Nick

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why would Simao stay for one more round in the Champions League and why would Benfica risk not cashing in now when they know Liverpool will look elsewhere?

Thats the correct answer. Simao has apparently said he wants to move Benfica know we need a right midfielder so if they turn us down then yes we will go elsewhere and unless someone else buys him they have an unhappy player on there hands.

Thats the correct answer. Simao has apparently said he wants to move Benfica know we need a right midfielder so if they turn us down then yes we will go elsewhere and unless someone else buys him they have an unhappy player on there hands.

Simao wants to leave Benfica "to play in a more competitive league", the chairman has said he can go for £12 million

All their qualification does is stop us getting him at a lower price than £12 million (personally I think we are going to have to pay over the odds for any right winger we eventually buy)

Unless Simao has a U-turn and decides to stay (this might mean him missing the boat completely) I think it will still go through

We will also be offerring significantly more wages than he is on at Benfica

Benfica are also struggling in the Portuguese League (they are 6th or 7th I think) and might miss out of the Champions League next season whereas chances are if he does join us he will be playing in that tournament

And the window doesnt open until the New Year so wheres the problem?

yeah I kow that but they're saying at least the new year so the injury could scupper the move? unless we sack of the medical or get him to have a medical and say he's fine apart from his badgered knee...but saying that we have signed gonzales who was injured at the time?

I don't believe he's not good enough anyway, plus we've already got too many options on the left already. Bring in Joaquin a real, old-fashioned, crowd pleasing winger.

I don't believe he's not good enough anyway, plus we've already got too many options on the left already. Bring in Joaquin a real, old-fashioned, crowd pleasing winger.

Who has 1 good game every 3-4. Would be amazed if Joaquin signed for us has i think Simao is much more a Rafa kind of player then Joaquin + Red Nick as said Rafa doesnt rate him and he should know. ;)