You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

€15m bid for Simao Sabrosa

El Rojo

Yipee, £10 million for another player who we havent heard of, who will be the new Giggs/ Heighway/ Ronaldo (delete accordingly) and looks dead good on Eurosport (Portugese version).

That you haven`t heard of him tells more about you than our interest in him.....

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

That you haven`t heard of him tells more about you than our interest in him.....

Hey ffs, anyone can run a search on Google (or I am now informed that Wikipedia is THE source) and clue up on him, but how many of you had heard of him before this story broke...or considered him a good prospect? Are these the players you were hoping for in June?

Guest cliff_bling
I can picture it now

Rafa "Rick ya big goon, you just clicked on the sheep emoticon instead of the "don't tell anyone" one, we are going to look like a right pair of clowns. oh, sorry, no offence"

"Rafa stopping saying "lol" and "rofl", I'm sure Michael honestly means it when he says he'd love to play for liverpool again"

Simao is small but he has all the tricks in the world and will add something to the team. He certainly has the skills to get fans excited. I'd be well happy if we got him.

If we pay £10m for that stumpy streak of ....er shit, then I swear I'm gonna kill myself! ;)

His record at Benfica:

04/05 34 appearances, 15 goals

03/04 31 appearances, 12 goals

02/03 33 appearances, 18 goals

01/02 26 appearances, 11 goals

not bad stats them for a winger and we could defo do with a helping hand on the goalscoring

A friends just told me that the Portugese FA have released him from international training to go for a medical. This is the link he gave me Simao having medical. Can anyone translate it?

Translation:

Him it advanced of the SL Benfica, Simão Sabrosa, was authorized ausentar-itself, temporarily, of the period of training of the National Selection - Club Portugal for dislocate itself to Liverpool and carry out you quiz doctors.

The Seleccionador National agreed to the request of the player, being predicted the return of the international one Portuguese to Portugal, in the part of the late, on time of integrate the training agendado for the 17h30.

but how many of you had heard of him before this story broke...or considered him a good prospect?

Here was me thinking we were a football club, now mumbnutz wants celebrities!

Has Simao not yet starred in a Walkers Crisps ad? He must be crap. :whistle:

Hey ffs, anyone can run a search on Google (or I am now informed that Wikipedia is THE source) and clue up on him, but how many of you had heard of him before this story broke...or considered him a good prospect? Are these the players you were hoping for in June?

Honestly man, Simao is really good. If you'd told me we'd have got him at the start of the summer I would have nodded happily, a bit like this :yes:

He doesn't do so much of the Ronaldo style tricky feet nonsense, he's more of the run past people really fast and ping it in winger. Runs about a lot and doesn't just hang around on the half way line like some.

I was a bit ignorant ofhim to be honest, but a google search jogged my memory of the England Portugal match last year and he played very well in that. Can't say i know more than that about him, but he has been linked with a few good clubs, and Manchester United.

Here was me thinking we were a football club, now mumbnutz wants celebrities!

Has Simao not yet starred in a Walkers Crisps ad? He must be crap. :whistle:

So the appearance of an ex-Barcelona (1 season before moved on), international (until Ronaldo came along) right winger from Benfica (wow, the Portugese league!!!) on the last day of the transfer season (after being knocked back for Stelios, Figo etc) doesnt seem like panic buying to you the does it? If he was the dogs bollocks, why not earlier? Why hasnt someone else snapped him up?

Portugese FA website say his left for Liverpool for a medical

Yep and he is to return there for training later this afternoon so its a quick visit to pass medical and sign on the dotted line - no news on a defender yet but this news of the right winger look s good

Translation:

Him it advanced of the SL Benfica, Simão Sabrosa, was authorized ausentar-itself, temporarily, of the period of training of the National Selection - Club Portugal for dislocate itself to Liverpool and carry out you quiz doctors.

The Seleccionador National agreed to the request of the player, being predicted the return of the international one Portuguese to Portugal, in the part of the late, on time of integrate the training agendado for the 17h30.

Now is there any chance someone can translate the above.....? O_o

So the appearance of an ex-Barcelona (1 season before moved on), international (until Ronaldo came along) right winger from Benfica (wow, the Portugese league!!!) on the last day of the transfer season (after being knocked back for Stelios, Figo etc) doesnt seem like panic buying to you the does it? If he was the dogs bollocks, why not earlier? Why hasnt someone else snapped him up?

Do you need a hand with those shoelaces, mate?