You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

€15m bid for Simao Sabrosa

El Rojo

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

cant believe the people who say they aint heard of Simao - im not exactly stuck to football on tv but even i have heard of him - class player but we would be pushing it although if we can get the deal tied up quick get him a medical over there then roberts yer mothers brother

This sounds a little too good to be true - a top class, international right winger who is the right age and strong enough mentally to lead his club to the title. I sincerely hope this comes off because he's class. We are cutting it very tight, though.

I know well this player. He signed for Barcelona when Van Gaal was the coach. At the time he was a teeneger labelled the new Figo. He didn't get many chances to play with Figo and Zenden (sorry , Rivaldo :D )as the preferred options on the wings. Very fast and skillful, but not the best at decission making at the time. His best game I saw him play was against Leeds in the Champions League where he beat the Leeds left back any time he tried. He showed potential but that is not enough at Barcelona where you need to deliver from the first minute. In Portugal he has played more or less where he pleases, going wide or central, more like a playmaker. If he signs I don't know how good he will turn out to be but this guy definitely has the pace and ability to beat defenders on a consistent basis. Not as classy as Figo or Cristiano Ronaldo though. Very good working rate.

I know well this player. He signed for Barcelona when Van Gaal was the coach. At the time he was a teeneger labelled the new Figo. He didn't get many chances to play with Figo and Zenden as the preferred options on the wings. Very fast and skillful, but not the best at decission making at the time. His best game I saw him play was against Leeds in the Champions League where he beat the Leeds left back any time he tried. He showed potential but that is not enough at Barcelona where you need to deliver from the first minute. In Portugal he has played more or less where he pleases, going wide or central, more like a playmaker. If he signs I don't know how good he will turn out to be but this guy definitely has the pace and ability to beat defenders on a consistent basis. Not as classy as Figo or Cristiano Ronaldo though. Very good working rate.

You're posts are becoming well appreciated by me, mate. He sounds just like a Rafa player.

cant believe the people who say they aint heard of Simao - im not exactly stuck to football on tv but even i have heard of him - class player but we would be pushing it although if we can get the deal tied up quick get him a medical over there then roberts yer mothers brother

I think the Sabrosa part of his name was initially confusing, I thought Simao was actually a defender but I do remember him from euro 2004 - sounds ideal as long as we don't go overboard with the fee.

That you've never heard of him shows yer a berk.

Or not an anorak with a copy of Championship Manager on my PC.. looks like I am being truely put in my place by the "lords of the boards", who are obviously content for us to splash out on another unproven foreign player ("give him time, he has bags of potential, and he loves the club") and of course every other team in Prem. is after in the Premiership..I apologise profoundly for expressing an opinon...

By the way, if you read through this board this morning it stinks of sour grapes - "I didnt want Owen anyway," , "I'm as happy as Larry he didnt come, "OOh look the Geordies are made up that he has joined our club"....fucking grow up some of you, we have missed out on a quality addition to the squad (that even I have heard of ;) ) and most of you would be pleased as punch if he had joined, or latest by Christmas if he was banging in the goals...

I think the Sabrosa part of his name was initially confusing, I thought Simao was actually a defender but I do remember him from euro 2004 - sounds ideal as long as we don't go overboard with the fee.

€15m is just over £10m - good money if accepted for a player of this quality.

Or not an anorak with a copy of Championship Manager on my PC.. looks like I am being truely put in my place by the "lords of the boards", who are obviously content for us to splash out on another unproven foreign player ("give him time, he has bags of potential, and he loves the club") and of course every other team in Prem. is after in the Premiership..I apologise profoundly for expressing an opinon...

By the way, if you read through this board this morning it stinks of sour grapes - "I didnt want Owen anyway," , "I'm as happy as Larry he didnt come, "OOh look the Geordies are made up that he has joined our club"....fucking grow up some of you, we have missed out on a quality addition to the squad (that even I have heard of ;) ) and most of you would be pleased as punch if he had joined, or latest by Christmas if he was banging in the goals...

Dunno... I think the RM has become a more vital position to fill, especially with the complete lack of width we've shown so far this season.

We've bids in for Stanley Matthews and Danny Blanchflower. Happy now?

By the way, if you read through this board this morning it stinks of sour grapes - "I didnt want Owen anyway," , "I'm as happy as Larry he didnt come, "OOh look the Geordies are made up that he has joined our club"....fucking grow up some of you, ...

Ahhh diddums, did that norty Mr Parry take all your toys away?

I'm over the moon, I never wanted him back.

Liverpool FC stands for a lot more than bailing players out when it's a World Cup year, and furthermore I don't think he can play in the system the manager wants.

Never heard of him - anyone got anything on him?

Here you go my friend.....from Wikipedia (on line encyclopaedia)

....Simão Sabrosa (Simão for short) is a midfielder who plays for the Portugal national football team and SL Benfica. He was born on 31 October 1979 in Constantim, Trás-os-Montes. He is a product of Sporting's youth system just like Luís Figo and Cristiano Ronaldo but moved to archrivals SL Benfica in 2001 after a brief 1 year passage through FC Barcelona on a 10 million euro deal. He is currently the captain of SL Benfica and considered to be one of the best players currently playing for the club. He is a very quick attacking midfielder/wing forward with a lighting fast dribble and a taste for scoring decisive goals.

Simão has a wife and a daughter named Mariana