You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Robbie Savage

Original202

Who the fuck is this little no mark? Can't believe how much coverage this bloke is getting regarding his transfer request. He's a complete nobody at a small time club. And he isn't been linked with a move to Liverpool, Arsenal or United, he wants to leave to go to Blackburn Rovers!!! Bored of hearing the Birmingham chairman/cheif exec and fat head talking about how desperate they are to keep him and I can't understand why the media think people actually care.

I suppose it would seem a tad ironic if I just ranted about how I'm sick of all the skysports news stories and media crap about this fella but then started a thread about the bloke, so I'll continue:

Do we need a Robbie Savage type player? Not Savage himself, but someone who will put their foot in and get people wound up. I think as a team we're far too nice and we need to be more aggressive. Arsenal aren't exactly a nice team are they? And Chelsea certainly weren't nice on new years day. I bet there aren't many teams who've the league and the fair play award in the same season either.

I'm not saying we should be picking up loads of red cards and just being a plain dirty side, but a bit of nastiness and aggression wouldn't go amiss.

Who the fuck is this little no mark? Can't believe how much coverage this bloke is getting regarding his transfer request. He's a complete nobody at a small time club. And he isn't been linked with a move to Liverpool, Arsenal or United, he wants to leave to go to Blackburn Rovers!!! Bored of hearing the Birmingham chairman/cheif exec and fat head talking about how desperate they are to keep him and I can't understand why the media think people actually care.

I suppose it would seem a tad ironic if I just ranted about how I'm sick of all the skysports news stories and media crap about this fella but then started a thread about the bloke, so I'll continue:

Do we need a Robbie Savage type player? Not Savage himself, but someone who will put their foot in and get people wound up. I think as a team we're far too nice and we need to be more aggressive. Arsenal aren't exactly a nice team are they? And Chelsea certainly weren't nice on new years day. I bet there aren't many teams who've the league and the fair play award in the same season either.

I'm not saying we should be picking up loads of red cards and just being a plain dirty side, but a bit of nastiness and aggression wouldn't go amiss.

Last summer, before GH's retirement/sacking/exit/going-gracefully-into-the-sunset there was talk of Alan Smith. I would have been very happy to have Smith here. He wasn't tainted by the racist goings-on with Bowyer et al, his passion is on his sleeve, and the effort is always above and beyond. The goal he scored for the mancs at Fulham, where he tackled Malbronque (Legwanski?) in the box and slotted it home was pure drive. He'd never be the first/second choice striker, but you cold run him out in games and are guaranteed the other team will now where he is on the pitch.

Savage wouild fit that mould, but he's just a tad in the red zone of the cuntometer (and a poncy hair cut as well); and well to whiney. I think we are a bit soft. Fat Frank wold have thought twice about his Alonso tackle if he knew he might get it back. And we all know SG would never touch Frankie.

I guess we'll have to make do with the Sherrif.

I think we are a bit soft. Fat Frank wold have thought twice about his Alonso tackle if he knew he might get it back. And we all know SG would never touch Frankie.

I guess we'll have to make do with the Sherrif.

I agree. Gerrard is supposed to be our hard man, but we need more than one hard man. I think Riise can give people a good kicking, but he never seems to do it. Hamann is probably our hard man #2, an experienced player who knows that you have to be cynical at times. Carra and Hyypiä are not softies, either. But then we have all the lightweights: Garcia, Pongolle, Kewell, Smicer.

To be fair to Gerrard, he did tackle Drogba quite hard. But he should have kicked Fat Frank off the pitch after the Alonso incident.

Step forward, successors to Tommy Smith, Graeme Souness and Steve McMahon!

Guest LEE R HARKIN
I agree. Gerrard is supposed to be our hard man, but we need more than one hard man. I think Riise can give people a good kicking, but he never seems to do it. Hamann is probably our hard man #2, an experienced player who knows that you have to be cynical at times. Carra and Hyypiä are not softies, either. But then we have all the lightweights: Garcia, Pongolle, Kewell, Smicer.

To be fair to Gerrard, he did tackle Drogba quite hard. But he should have kicked Fat Frank off the pitch after the Alonso incident.

Step forward, successors to Tommy Smith, Graeme Souness and Steve McMahon!

You forgot Ronnie Whelan, possibly the best at getting away with shocking tackles.

Well if any proof were needed that nice teams win fuck all, saturdays game was it.

Man United's tactics were awful, but they worked, and they'll work again. We couldn't string three passes together because everytime we tried, Scholes or Keane would commit a little niggly foul. We had 31 freekicks on Saturday - Man Utd had 14. Its not a nice way to play football, but its effective. And when did being nice get anyone anywhere?

Chelsea and United have both beaten us in recent weeks, not by playing particularly well, but by being prepared to get stuck in. We are too nice and have too many players who aren't prepared to put their foot in.

The referee was a joke on Saturday and had he took control of the game earlier on, they might not have got away with so many fouls, but if you can get away with hacking people down then why not do it? Every team apart from us seems to be doing it!