You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

When was the last time you went to the gym?

6 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

How can something that people choose to pay for that actually works when you use what you’ve paid for be a scam because some people decide not to use it or don’t use it properly? 

A compulsory PT??? That’s a bit weird. 

"That actually works". How many times do I have to say that it factually doesn't work for the majority of people? 

And this isn't a completely voluntary thing either. If you've ever signed up for a gym, you know that a lot of the time they are agressively trying to get people to join. You can say no obviously, but these people are essentially salesmen.

3 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

"That actually works". How many times do I have to say that it factually doesn't work for the majority of people? 

And this isn't a completely voluntary thing either. If you've ever signed up for a gym, you know that a lot of the time they are agressively trying to get people to join. You can say no obviously, but these people are essentially salesmen.

If a gym is used properly then of course it works for literally anyone. If they’ve decided they don’t like the gym then they shouldn’t be paying a membership and that’s on the customer not the gym. I have never in my life been aggressively asked to join a gym. I’ve been called a miserable cunt for not adopting a Zebra though. 

The gym is not a scam or fraudulent. If you were taking about certain supplements I’d agree but the gym is fine for people that use it. Nobody is forced to pay for it. 

2 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

If a gym is used properly then of course it works for literally anyone. If they’ve decided they don’t like the gym then they shouldn’t be paying a membership and that’s on the customer not the gym. I have never in my life been aggressively asked to join a gym. I’ve been called a miserable cunt for not adopting a Zebra though. 

The gym is not a scam or fraudulent. If you were taking about certain supplements I’d agree but the gym is fine for people that use it. Nobody is forced to pay for it. 

Mate it's the exercise that works, regardless of where you do it.

1 minute ago, Bjornebye said:

The ballantyne type places are ace. Lovely to have a steam room and a pool, free towels etc etc. If your aim is strength and fitness you are wasting you money.

3 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Mate it's the exercise that works, regardless of where you do it.

2 minutes ago, Poor Scouser T said:

The ballantyne type places are ace. Lovely to have a steam room and a pool, free towels etc etc. If your aim is strength and fitness you are wasting you money.

I have weights at home myself. The gym just has more equipment than most and a lot of people for example those with bad joints might prefer static machines rather than road running. Plus there is a wider variety of weight training options, some have pools etc. 

Im into Calisthenics at the minute so don’t need the gym but for some it’s essential. 

Just now, Bjornebye said:

I have weights at home myself. The gym just has more equipment than most and a lot of people for example those with bad joints might prefer static machines rather than road running. Plus there is a wider variety of weight training options, some have pools etc. 

Im into Calisthenics at the minute so don’t need the gym but for some it’s essential. 

There are about 3 maybe 4 movements you need to do to change the body and machines at numerous angles only really benefit the bodybuilder looking for the extra 5%. Even just your body weight. Squats deads and presses (above head/bench) and thats it. By a sand bag or a singe 25kg plate and lift it over your head, hold it and squat, work up 200 press ups and it will benefit you more. I think the gym is great psychologically telling you  I am an active person but most people just wander about for an hour looking at their phone.

4 minutes ago, Poor Scouser T said:

There are about 3 maybe 4 movements you need to do to change the body and machines at numerous angles only really benefit the bodybuilder looking for the extra 5%. Even just your body weight. Squats deads and presses (above head/bench) and thats it. By a sand bag or a singe 25kg plate and lift it over your head, hold it and squat, work up 200 press ups and it will benefit you more. I think the gym is great psychologically telling you  I am an active person but most people just wander about for an hour looking at their phone.

Do they? I think this is one of them scenarios where you see a handful of people do it and claim that everyone does it while completely ignoring 90% of the gym actually working out. 

Peoples body types are different and all. You might be happy just lumping up off a few exercises, some want different things. The gym helps with this. It’s not even a debate. 

• Upvote 1

When I am away working I use these places Pure Gym and the like and I can count on 1 hand the times I've seen people heavy dead lifting or squatting and it is often women. there is no such thing as bad exercise I agree with you but most people are just overweight and want to lose few pounds which is OK, then sorting your diet and walking everywhere is a better option. 

Doesn't matter what people do when they go to the gym, its better than doing nothing at all. I've seen people doing exercises that are clearly not right for their body shape but so what? They are out of the house and trying to do something positive. That's what gyms are for.

Lets all stay at home and do our exercises, order takeaways, talk to friends online, get our shopping delivered and buy everything we need on Amazon. 

• Upvote 5

7 minutes ago, Poor Scouser T said:

My point was if you goal is to get fit strong and lean there are cheaper options. When I lived In Liverpool I went to one so I get it.

What if your goal is to try and shag one of the female PT’s? 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

How can something that people choose to pay for that actually works when you use what you’ve paid for be a scam because some people decide not to use it or don’t use it properly? 

A compulsory PT??? That’s a bit weird. 

HELLO BOYS!

LET ME FEEL YOUR MUSCLES BOYS!

3 hours ago, A Red said:

Doesn't matter what people do when they go to the gym, its better than doing nothing at all. I've seen people doing exercises that are clearly not right for their body shape but so what? 

Didn't realise you'd seen me in the gym?

3 hours ago, Poor Scouser T said:

My point was if you goal is to get fit strong and lean there are cheaper options. When I lived In Liverpool I went to one so I get it.

Fuck off, saggy tits. You only go the gym to perv on kids, you sweaty racist gimp.