You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

22 hours ago, TheDrowningMan said:

Yeah, they definitely have the more favourable set of fixtures and from now until we play them it’s a ridiculously easy run for them. On the other hand, perhaps having it somewhat tougher over the first half of the season is why they’re not top now.

There’s going to be barely any room for error so it’s back to treating every league game like a cup final, knowing that we can’t drop points in stupid games. Next up is Bournemouth away and if we can’t win that, any hopes of the title are completely and utterly gone.

Ah Jesus brother, come on, if we fail to beat Bournemouth, it's a big blow, but we'll either be level with them or one point behind.

Having said that, my own view is that outside of our six pointer with them, the only places I would grudgingly accept dropped points is Villa and Arsenal. The others will be banana skins but we just need to find a way to get the wins. The Mancs and the Blueshite will be warzones but they are both so mediocre, we need to rise above the rivalry and get six points from those two games. West Ham are a good side granted.

Being honest, City are the best club side in the world, but I don't think they are as good as they were in previous seasons. I fancy them to drop a few more points. It'll go to the wire imo.

• Upvote 2

14 hours ago, Razoray said:

Spurs last 11 games:

Chelsea - lost 4-1

Wolves - lost 2-1

Villa - lost 2-1

Man City - drew 3-3

West Ham - lost 2-1 

Newcastle - won 4-1

Forest - won 2-2

Everton - won 2-1

Brighton - lost 4-2

Burnley - won 1-0

Man United - drew 2-2

So they have beaten 19th, 17th, 15th and 10th place Newcastle (the worst performing team in the league) since the end of October. But because they played better than his beloved Manchester United, that are 13th in the league for home form, but still only managed a draw, Gary Neville thinks they will pick up approx 45 points in their next 17 league games and finish 2nd in the league behind Manchester City.

He also thinks Arsenal will win the league so plenty of mathematical gymnastics by Nevile Neville's eldest son, in his predictions for this season. 

Didn't someone on here once try to gain respect for his own opinions on the basis that Gary Neville agreed with him?

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, 3 Stacks said:

I don't really see why Spurs need to be shit on, other than the fact they stole a game from us, but that wasn't their fault.

They're a side that when they've had all their elements, look really on the up. We don't really need to be small time or self conscious about it,  we're on top of the mountain,  at the moment.

And as for Neville saying they can finish above us, well guess what; he's an ex-player who is supposedly very knowledgeable and has been in high level dressing rooms. I'm told he is therefore an immutable expert.

Who is shitting on Spurs? Everthing I wrote is factually correct. 

Spurs have played 21 games in the league and are on 40 points. They are 5th, on course for a 72 point season, but they are being talked about as if they are 1970 Brazil. I've seen 7 of their players listed in people's Team of the Season so far. It's probably because they are from London and have the journos talking them up, but even the YouTube kids are doing the same. 

Postecoglu is being talked up as if he has transformed the fortunes of Spurs. At this stage last season, under Conte they were just one point worse off. Yes, the style is nicer to watch but that is just Spurs reverting to type. Easy-on-the-eye football, win some, get giddy, lose some, finish 5th. 

Aston Villa have not had a fraction of the positive coverage that Spurs have had and the comparisons on "under the radar" Liverpool are just funny. As if we don't have multiple PL, CL winners in our squad and the best manager in world football. 

Fuck Spurs

• Upvote 5

1 hour ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Didn't someone on here once try to gain respect for his own opinions on the basis that Gary Neville agreed with him?

JermainePennant

One of the most clueless morons ever to pass through here.

• Upvote 5

Really don't think Spurs looked that impressive even when they were top of the league and apparently on course to win everything. They almost lost at home to Sheffield United (scored in the 98th and 100th minute which was, admittedly, pretty funny as there was only that much added time because of Sheffield United's shithousing).

I also remember a game against Palace where Palace were by far the better team until Maddison, who had done nothing up to that point having been hyped up beforehand as the best player in the league, cut the ball back and the Palace defender just kicked it into his own goal.

Then there was the game against us.

They play vaguely pretty football, but they might be the most overhyped side I can ever remember seeing. That high line against Chelsea wasn't admirable, it was absolutely suicidal and the mark of a dogmatic, one trick pony manager who people seem to have been hypnotised into thinking is a tactical genius simply because he says 'mate' a lot. So yeah, in short, fuck Spurs.

• Upvote 3

8 hours ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

6 hours ago, Em City said:

JermainePennant

One of the most clueless morons ever to pass through here.

On 21/10/2015 at 15:19, JermainePennant said:

No one will convince me I don't have a good knowledge of football, I impressed myself with what I said about the spurs game as I saw Gary Neville say the exact same after I had wrote it.

Always raises a smile, particularly the final Ernie Wise-esque flourish of "I had wrote it".

He was too innocent for this world.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Scott_M said:

FIFA Team Of The Year. Somewhat top heavy.

IMG_0722.jpeg

Is this for 2023?

Messi will be winning these things until the day he retires. He spent half of the year in the MLS, where he scored 1 in 6 in the league. In Frances he scored 9 in 19 (granted he assisted quite a few too). How long do you get credit for the World Cup?

Not sure what is worse annual football awards or the annual CIES transfer values. Its a toss up.