You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Liz fucking Truss then.....

Bjornebye

Civil war already.

Johnson's brand of loyalty was to stab both David Cameron and Thersa May in the back and let Allegra Stratton resign in tears even though he knew she had not attended any lockdown parties whilst he had attended several.

26 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

He used to be the northern powerhouse bloke.

I've genuinely never heard of him before. Every time I see him quoted, I imagine him with a Matt berry "toast of London" voice. 

4 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

Civil war already.

Johnson's brand of loyalty was to stab both David Cameron and Thersa May in the back and let Allegra Stratton resign in tears even though he knew she had not attended any lockdown parties whilst he had attended several.

All Nadine is arsed about is they all know kwarteng is there to be the brains of the operation. He's their man. She's their lightening rod. Not the other way round. 

1 minute ago, Fugitive said:

I’ve heard people saying there would be another leadership contest if she goes but surely that would trigger a GE. How could there not be if another leader went?

They're saying the vote on the mini-budget is a confidence issues aren't they? If that's the case, wouldn't that automatically trigger a GE if they lose? 

9 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

They're saying the vote on the mini-budget is a confidence issues aren't they? If that's the case, wouldn't that automatically trigger a GE if they lose? 

If it was a budget it would, as its technically not a budget then no. That's according to the father of the house Roger Gayle. 

However if this doesn't go through Kwarteng's toast and Truss will be on a cliff edge 

Civil war;

16 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

If it was a budget it would, as its technically not a budget then no. That's according to the father of the house Roger Gayle. 

However if this doesn't go through Kwarteng's toast and Truss will be on a cliff edge 

Civil war;

Is it not a question of if the government says it's a confidence matter, then it is then? I know a proper budget is (as you can't run the country without a budget), but I thought once they said this was a confidence matter, they kind of brought it on themselves? 

8 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

Is it not a question of if the government says it's a confidence matter, then it is then? I know a proper budget is (as you can't run the country without a budget), but I thought once they said this was a confidence matter, they kind of brought it on themselves? 

Possibly. Their is also this to consider.. apparently Gove's at a side meeting now spitting feathers about the warning over the whip. John Majors former press secretary has warned Truss could end up the Tories last ever prime minister. It sounds like they are spooked. The Truss speech is 10.30 Wednesday. She needs a biggie otherwise this could all go downhill for her quickly.

20 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

Possibly. Their is also this to consider.. apparently Gove's at a side meeting now spitting feathers about the warning over the whip. John Majors former press secretary has warned Truss could end up the Tories last ever prime minister. It sounds like they are spooked. The Truss speech is 10.30 Wednesday. She needs a biggie otherwise this could all go downhill for her quickly.

It would be remarkable to get to a no confidence situation with an 80 seat majority. 

When push comes to shove the tories will unite and put the party first. They are the mafia a group of psychopaths who come together for their own greater good. Sure they will stab each other in the back, cheat and con each other but when their backs are against the wall they put the firm first. They will do and say anything to remain at the trough, syphon taxpayers money away and hand out eye-watering contracts to other made guys or associates.

• Upvote 4

31 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

When push comes to shove the tories will unite and put the party first. They are the mafia a group of psychopaths who come together for their own greater good. Sure they will stab each other in the back, cheat and con each other but when their backs are against the wall they put the firm first. They will do and say anything to remain at the trough, syphon taxpayers money away and hand out eye-watering contracts to other made guys or associates.

I'd normally agree but with Truss it does feel different.

Most of her own mps know shes nowhere near cut out for the job.  She pissed off Scotland/France and Wales in the hustings with stupid unnecessary digs. Now she's been made PM she's caused mayhem with the Bank of England, and pissed off the ORB, plus she's cost the country a fortune. Today she's threatening her own MPs whilst simultaneously having a public fight with the new king of England. The president of the USA has leaked info that he thinks she's an idiot and she's absolutely destroyed the Conservatives standing in the polls within a fortnight.

She's been more disastrous than her worst critics could ever have imagined, and this is her honeymoon period. I can't see the Tories putting up with much more of her tbh. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

I'd normally agree but with Truss it does feel different.

Most of her own mps know shes nowhere near cut out for the job.  She pissed off Scotland/France and Wales in the hustings with stupid unnecessary digs. Now she's been made PM she's caused mayhem with the Bank of England, and pissed off the ORB, plus she's cost the country a fortune. Today she's threatening her own MPs whilst simultaneously having a public fight with the new king of England. The president of the USA has leaked info that he thinks she's an idiot and she's absolutely destroyed the Conservatives standing in the polls within a fortnight.

She's been more disastrous than her worst critics could ever have imagined, and this is her honeymoon period. I can't see the Tories putting up with much more of her tbh. 

Oh they might do a hit on her but not if it causes a general election I just can't see it.

4 hours ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Jake Berry: "People know that when their bills arrive, they can either cut their consumption or they can get a higher salary, higher wages, go out there and get that new job."

Why are scouse Tories the worst of them. Seriously everybody in the country go out and get that new high paid job. All those vacancies that are left can..... err...

It's bizarre isn't it. Imagine growing up and living around here and thinking, "I've got to join the Conservatives."

Definitely mental problems.