You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man City (N) - FAC Semi Final, Sat 16th Apr 2022 (3:30pm)

Trumo

1 hour ago, Jennings said:

A semi-final against City. I am gonna find this game difficult to enjoy. If I am watching us on telly, it is very rare that I don't give the match my full attention. This game tho, I am gonna just kind of put it on in the background and not get too sucked in. It really has the potential to cast a shadow on my mood for the rest of the evening - and my daughter has come home for the long weekend.

Come on, you mighty reds!

Yep. This is kind of how I feel. I had to give away my ticket as I was stuck home with Covid all week and hadn’t seen the kids for a fortnight. I deal with tension much better at the match than at home. 

• Upvote 1

I feel like this is a must win for us. If we knock them out it will severely hurt them and might fuck them up in the other two competitions. The pressure of us achieving a quadruple or treble adds something to their games and mindset.

Lose, and the motivation and momentum it gives them to achieve a treble themselves might be a deciding factor. They have piss easy games in the league and should batter Madrid. We need to knock these fuckers out of their stride and land a physiological blow. Come on Liverpool!!

1 hour ago, rubble-rouser said:

Yep. This is kind of how I feel. I had to give away my ticket as I was stuck home with Covid all week and hadn’t seen the kids for a fortnight. I deal with tension much better at the match than at home. 

This 100%! I can't watch us on the telly, I can't listen to us on the radio, I can't even bear some cunt checking the scores on their phone and telling me.

At the match (not that I've been for a while) I'm sound, even if I'm sober, I can sing, I can shout, I can call Pep a cunt, and even if we get humped I'm down, but I can live with it.

2 hours ago, Rick Sanchez C-137 said:

Hate playing these fucking cheat cunts. You literally have to be at the top of your game to get a draw, and play out of your skin to get a win. Cunts.

C OYR

We were shite against them both times this season and didn't lose either.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Creator Supreme said:

This 100%! I can't watch us on the telly, I can't listen to us on the radio, I can't even bear some cunt checking the scores on their phone and telling me.

At the match (not that I've been for a while) I'm sound, even if I'm sober, I can sing, I can shout, I can call Pep a cunt, and even if we get humped I'm down, but I can live with it.

It would be just as bad at the match if someone kept sticking their hand over your eyes every two minutes whilst suggesting every possible reason why the opposition might win, from a tactical switch in right midfield to an omen from 1949. That's the equivalent of TV directors cutting away from the action all the damn time while their commentator spouts the kind of crap that Tyler churns out. There's no logical reason why the game should be so agonising to watch on TV - but there are twats out there who actively make it so. They should get far more flak for it than they do.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, gkmacca said:

It would be just as bad at the match if someone kept sticking their hand over your eyes every two minutes whilst suggesting every possible reason why the opposition might win, from a tactical switch in right midfield to an omen from 1949. That's the equivalent of TV directors cutting away from the action all the damn time while their commentator spouts the kind of crap that Tyler churns out. There's no logical reason why the game should be so agonising to watch on TV - but there are twats out there who actively make it so. They should get far more flak for it than they do.

Totally agree. I find it worse not being able to watch a game we're playing and not attending.

In the old days of listening to 2nd half commentary with Bryon Butler and Peter Jones on radio 2, it was fucking agony hearing the words but not seeing the play.

I actually feel lie this one's a bit of a free hit before we return to the more important matters (PL/CL).

While I obviouly would like us to win, it' doesn't seem THAT disastrous if we shouldn't, as most one off cup games/semis have a bit of the luck factor connected to them anyway. 

Might also be that I'm very confident of a better display this time out than last. I both think City will be weakened (Walker/de Bruyne, tough game midweek) and we will simply be better set up.