You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Russia v Ukraine

Bjornebye

I hope they are not using military planes.

BEIJING (Reuters) -Chinese troops will travel to Russia to take part in joint military exercises led by the host and including India, Belarus, Mongolia, Tajikistan and other countries, China's defence ministry said on Wednesday.

China's participation in the joint exercises was "unrelated to the current international and regional situation", the ministry said in a statement.

If anyone was wondering why many in the British media have suddenly stopped sucking Mick Lynch's cock:

https://www.lbc.co.uk/news/mick-lynch-ukrainians-playing-with-nazi-imagery-provoked-russian-war/

Mick Lynch suggests EU influence and Ukrainians 'playing with Nazi imagery' provoked Russian invasion

16 minutes ago, Strontium said:

If anyone was wondering why many in the British media have suddenly stopped sucking Mick Lynch's cock:

https://www.lbc.co.uk/news/mick-lynch-ukrainians-playing-with-nazi-imagery-provoked-russian-war/

He's got a point.

As for many in the media not sucking his cock, he's desperate Dan today,

Long night of big booms in Crimea and over the border in Belgorod. Bad news for the russians, who it seems are evacuating Crimea in droves.

Wonder if all this talk of an offensive in Kherson was a feint, and that Crimea was the objective all along? Also, I believe AWACS has clear line of sight over much of southern Ukraine, making target identification a breeze. 

4 hours ago, cochyn said:

Long night of big booms in Crimea and over the border in Belgorod. Bad news for the russians, who it seems are evacuating Crimea in droves.

Wonder if all this talk of an offensive in Kherson was a feint, and that Crimea was the objective all along? Also, I believe AWACS has clear line of sight over much of southern Ukraine, making target identification a breeze. 

I am very skeptical about any of their offensives at this stage, they still seem to be severely outgunned.

On 11/08/2022 at 11:24, Red Phoenix said:

Why, because Ukraine could be shelling their own plant because Russian troops are there? Nope.

What are your sources telling you on this? Maxar - can they be trusted? Sounds alot like Pixar to me tbh.

There are no signs of “systemic shelling” at the Zaporizhzhia nuclear power plant, new satellite images from Maxar Technologies show.

This counters Friday’s claims by Russian President Vladimir Putin that the Ukrainian military was conducting repeated military strikes at the plant.

The latest satellite images from Maxar Technologies were taken Friday morning.

47 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Shenanigans.

The daughter of an ultranationalist Russian ideologue often referred to as “Putin’s brain” has been killed in a car bomb on the outskirts of Moscow, according to Russia’s investigative committee

The phrase 'two cheeks of the same arse' springs to mind.

Best to take most of the information being spoon fed from Ukraine to the west with a heavy pince of salt.

On 19/08/2022 at 19:48, TheHowieLama said:

What are your sources telling you on this? Maxar - can they be trusted? Sounds alot like Pixar to me tbh.

There are no signs of “systemic shelling” at the Zaporizhzhia nuclear power plant, new satellite images from Maxar Technologies show.

This counters Friday’s claims by Russian President Vladimir Putin that the Ukrainian military was conducting repeated military strikes at the plant.

The latest satellite images from Maxar Technologies were taken Friday morning.

Maxar are an important DoD/Pentagon contractor so I don't blindly believe what they're saying personally. I'm not saying they're wrong just that I'm not taking what they're saying as fact each time they're reporting/showing images of something.

7 hours ago, Red Phoenix said:

Maxar are an important DoD/Pentagon contractor so I don't blindly believe what they're saying personally. I'm not saying they're wrong just that I'm not taking what they're saying as fact each time they're reporting/showing images of something.

That's what I thought - but what about your sources? What are they saying about it?

Maria Zakharova, Russia’s foreign ministry spokeswoman, said if the investigation’s trail led to Ukraine then it would point to a policy of “state terrorism” being pursued by Kyiv.

Invading your neighbour, forcing millions from their homes, destroying cities and towns and killing thousands of innocent civilians.

That's not state terrorism.

This is state terrorism.

What're the chances Maria's taking a quick peek under the Zhiguli before she drives home this evening?

Better than having to constantly worry about Putin dropping a bomb on your apartment building in the middle of the night, I suppose.

2 hours ago, TheHowieLama said:

That's what I thought - but what about your sources? What are they saying about it?

I don't really have any sources, I usually just check one or two twitter accounts every so often now and I haven't seen maxar mentioned. And I try to stay out of this thread mostly now because if I don't post something 100% behind Ukraine I get accused of supporting Russia and I'm sick of it.

I'm only really interested in posting about the f***ball later on here, that's if the game even goes ahead with the protests.

1 minute ago, Red Phoenix said:

I don't really have any sources, I just check one or two twitter accounts every so often and I haven't seen maxar mentioned. And I try to stay out of this thread mostly now because if I don't post something 100% behind Ukraine I get accused of supporting Russia and I'm sick of it.

I'm only really interested in posting about the f***ball later on here, that's if the game even goes ahead with the protests.

OK fair enough - you seemed to be especially interested in following the status at the nuclear plant a few weeks ago.