You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Home form

johnb

Another misquote, can't anybody read on here. If you won't accept a bet you are not convinced about your arguement-official, fact.

Wrong. If you won't accept a bet you are not willing to enter into the risk that you may be wrong. You can be convinced you are right but may not be arrogant enough to think that because you are convinced it will definitely happen. Therefore you wish not to place money on it.

I certainly agree with Tom on this one. I made a bet last week with a friend of mine (everton supporter now mysteriously watching all uniteds games...) on who will finish highest. Relatively fond of betting (both of us really) he even offered me odds on it!

The deal is; if United finish above us, I'll give him 2000 Norwegian kr £ 160?, when we finish above United,- he'll have to fork up 4000. Now that's what I call a good deal :biggrin: .

As Tom says (and he's always right, remember!), United's midfield is crap bar Ronaldo (and he too seems to be tiring a bit). Keane, Scholes and Giggs have all been great footballers, but they all seem to be a fading quite a bit ... On the defensive end they have the worst keepers since Bosnich/Taibi, and their defence is fully dependant on the Ferdinand/Silvestre partnership (which seems to be alright). If Rio is missing, Silvestre will adapt to cock-ups all the time, and when Silvestre is missing, cue G.Neville/o'Shea and the ever-overrated Wes Brown to do the business :no . I agree that they do have some threatening players upfront,- but i'm not sure whether Ferguson will be able to bring out the best in them... Seeing Rooney out wide yesterday, I'm actually positive he won't bring it out... RVN is a cunt, but his goal-ratio (even without all the penalties) is impressive, - and he's also quite good at holding the ball up and bringing other people into the game.

I can truly see united struggle to get fourth this year, I'm actually super-confident we will finish third. I know I'm going to raise a few eyebrows with this one; I actually think Everton could be the ones shutting United from CL-football next year. Here in Norway we're quite spoilt with Premiership coverage, and from what I've seen this season (which is a lot :sniff:) the 3rd best team (not club) footballwise at the moment is without doubt Everton. They have an established (if not pretty) style of play, and Moyes seems to be getting the best out of the minimal talent that is there! Of course, should Gravesen be injured (hate him, but he's class), they could easily be mid-table again. The Dane however, does look like he can handle a few knocks...

This is how it will finish....

Chelsea 87 points

Arsenal 83 points

Liverpool 71 points

Everton 65 points

Man Utd 63 points

Bolton/Boro? 60 points

I hope I'm wrong about Chelsea though... Even if i bear a grudge against Arsenal for the late 80's/early 90's, Michael Thomas :wallbutt: , Tony Adams etc, I have never felt the animosity towards them as to that total joke of a football club that Chelsea is...

Anyway, good luck with the season!

modest Norwegan

Some kick-ass kamekaze Tom Ross style gambling going on over there in Norway. Like it.

Those damn Norwegians are flush with petro-dollars, no wonder they through the krone around like pale-faced Viking sheiks.

All those Brussels and Strasbourg bureaucrats must rue the day that Norway said no to the EU. Think of all that oil money subsidies that could have been wasted on French garlic and mustard farms.

I would love to see Everton get 4th. Then where's Rooney going to get his CL football?

Actually, it is just kick-ass, not kamikaze as I'm a quite confident gambler (and footballer for that matter), and this is based on hundreds of observations of both the Reds and the scum during the past days/weeks/months/years. United are in drastical decline football-wise (even if they have the dough to buy themselves out of the most obvious problems), we're not! Simple, really.... :biggrin:

Actually, it is just kick-ass, not kamikaze as I'm a quite confident gambler (and footballer for that matter), and this is based on hundreds of observations of both the Reds and the scum during the past days/weeks/months/years. United are in drastical decline football-wise (even if they have the dough to buy themselves out of the most obvious problems), we're not! Simple, really.... :biggrin:

Word of the day- 'drastical'

Igor Biscan was drastical in central defence until the Benitez saw a possibility of playing him in his natural position.

Word of the day- 'drastical'

Igor Biscan was drastical in central defence until the Benitez saw a possibility of playing him in his natural position.

Hvis jeg får skrive på mitt morsmål, så skal jeg unngå skrivefeil...

or I could keep on trying with my not so fluent (as I would want it to be) English :(

Hvis jeg får skrive på mitt morsmål, så skal jeg unngå skrivefeil...

or I could keep on trying with my not so fluent (as I would want it to be) English :(

Dude, your English kicks ass even more than your gambling.

It's well better than my Norwegian which is limited to this solitary quote that I learnt at evening classes:

"Hvis jeg får skrive på mitt morsmål, så skal jeg unngå skrivefeil..."

I think we both know that means I fucking rule by way of my bi-lingualness.

Dude, your English kicks ass even more than your gambling.

It's well better than my Norwegian which is limited to this solitary quote that I learnt at evening classes:

"Hvis jeg får skrive på mitt morsmål, så skal jeg unngå skrivefeil..."

I think we both know that means I fucking rule by way of my bi-lingualness.

You rule. Fact. *

*Goes home from work (as English teacher at lower secondary school) feeling pleased being compared to the mighty Tom Ross. :biggrin:

They certainly are!!!

If it wasn't for bent referee's and fourth offcials then Man U would only be on 10 ponts now. Fact.

They're fucking shit everywhere but upfront where they do have some real threat. But their MF is fucking abysmal! It's the worst out of ANY of last years top SIX imo. Ronaldo is the only player of any real ability left across the middle. And their defence is no better with only Cuntlips able to say he can play a bit.

Who wins the league every year? The team with the best midfield, it's always been the case. On that premice alon Man U will be as near to winning the league as I will be to fucking entire collection of Girls Aloud.

Man U won' even finish fourth this year and I'm willing to takethat bet up with anyone here. This could well be their first year without Shite League football since the game of football was invented in 1993.

I still think we are a bit behind them though Tom. Don't forget as shit as they were last season they still finished a massive 15 points ahead of us, if we had finished last year with their points tally of 75 points we mainly would have called it a good season. "Ronaldo is the only player of real ability left across the middle" Wouldn't you take Giggs over Kewell then??? I think the only 100% definite edge we have on them is the goalkeepers. I think they will finish 3rd and us 4th but closer than 15 points like it was last season. People say we only need 2 or 3 players to be looking really good again. I would say the same about them. If they bought a couple of decent midfielders instead of muppets like Djemba-Djemba, Keberson and Bellion etc they would be looking really good as well.

I still think we are a bit behind them though Tom. Don't forget as shit as they were last season they still finished a massive 15 points ahead of us, if we had finished last year with their points tally of 75 points we mainly would have called it a good season. "Ronaldo is the only player of real ability left across the middle" Wouldn't you take Giggs over Kewell then??? I think the only 100% definite edge we have on them is the goalkeepers. I think they will finish 3rd and us 4th but closer than 15 points like it was last season. People say we only need 2 or 3 players to be looking really good again. I would say the same about them. If they bought a couple of decent midfielders instead of muppets like Djemba-Djemba, Keberson and Bellion etc they would be looking really good as well.

Good point John. The real difference between us is the 20 000 seats that generate extra revenue as well as their marketing that allow them to gloss over their cackers. Our cackers cost us dearly- the margin of error is close to none for us, where as Whiskey manaher can cack and cack and cack and then get one right, cack some more and get another right. We don't have that luxury.

Def wouldn't take Giggs over Kewell, even on current form..... plus with SG & Xabi, we p*ss all over their midfield...... I think we can finish above them.

Dude, I'd take you over Kewell, so that's no real measure of a teams worth. Giggs is still a good player but a class act he ain't. He relies on skill and guile to beat a man these days as his pace is no longer there. When was the last time he got to the by-line and whipped one in like he used to do? He's a gonner.

Our midfield is infintely better than theirs. We have Gerrard, they have Keane or occaionally Phil fuckin Neville. We have Alonso, they have Djemba-Djemba or Scholes. We have Garcia, they have Feltcher (not a spelling mistake). Only in Ronaldo can they say they have a better player than anywhere across our 1st choice respectpive midfields.

In defence their only decent player is Rio and even he is THE most over-rated player who ever lived.

Keeper is shite.

Up front they have us licked (although I'd deffo say that Milan of this season is better than anything they've got)

like I say earlier, if it wasn't for bent referees and fourth officials then i reckon they'd have somewhere between 10 and 15 points this season. They've struggled against almost everyone they've played so far, bar one game in the CL on Fat lads debut and without this, ahem, "assistance" they'd be scrapping it out near the otehr end now without question. To be honest, it reminds me of us in the early 90's, living on past glories and only winning some games due to the "fear factor" and past reputation but they'll be found out very soon.

They're finished as it stands but as someone said earlier, they always have the ability to just go out and spend some serious moolah and put that right.

But, right now, they're fucking shite, they really are, and if they really have spent up for the season then they're fooked I reckon.

Dude, I'd take you over Kewell, so that's no real measure of a teams worth. Giggs is still a good player but a class act he ain't. He relies on skill and guile to beat a man these days as his pace is no longer there. When was the last time he got to the by-line and whipped one in like he used to do? He's a gonner.

Our midfield is infintely better than theirs. We have Gerrard, they have Keane or occaionally Phil fuckin Neville. We have Alonso, they have Djemba-Djemba or Scholes. We have Garcia, they have Feltcher (not a spelling mistake). Only in Ronaldo can they say they have a better player than anywhere across our 1st choice respectpive midfields.

In defence their only decent player is Rio and even he is THE most over-rated player who ever lived.

Keeper is shite.

Up front they have us licked (although I'd deffo say that Milan of this season is better than anything they've got)

like I say earlier, if it wasn't for bent referees and fourth officials then i reckon they'd have somewhere between 10 and 15 points this season. They've struggled against almost everyone they've played so far, bar one game in the CL on Fat lads debut and without this, ahem, "assistance" they'd be scrapping it out near the otehr end now without question. To be honest, it reminds me of us in the early 90's, living on past glories and only winning some games due to the "fear factor" and past reputation but they'll be found out very soon.

They're finished as it stands but as someone said earlier, they always have the ability to just go out and spend some serious moolah and put that right.

But, right now, they're fucking shite, they really are, and if they really have spent up for the season then they're fooked I reckon.

I still think people are writing them off a bit too early myself mate and living on past glories? Well they were champions 18 months ago so its hardly Tottenham is it. They aren't as good as they were definitely not but I would just rather us get our own house in order before thinking about them. I think it will be tight between us and them at the end but apart from Milan our lack of firepower could cost us in the long run.

I still think people are writing them off a bit too early myself mate and living on past glories? Well they were champions 18 months ago so its hardly Tottenham is it. They aren't as good as they were definitely not but I would just rather us get our own house in order before thinking about them. I think it will be tight between us and them at the end but apart from Milan our lack of firepower could cost us in the long run.

Agree with that, remember this time two years ago before the Boro game when we were riding high and about 14 pts clear of Utd.....I honestly thought they were past it and was the start of their decline. They won the league that year!!! I think they are sh*t, I hope they are sh*t but I agree, you can never write them off, they always save their best form for the second half of the season.....

They've only conceded 10 goals this season, the second lowest number after Chelsea. Their problem has been putting chances (of which they've been creating many) away. But with Van Nistelrooy back and Rooney starting to form an understanding with him, the goals will come and they'll start to climb the table.

Like most people have been saying, their real weakness is in midfield, and they're going to need to buy three new players in the summer if they're going to keep up with the top two. This season I reckon they'll be fighting it out with us for third spot, and I reckon they just might edge it.

Just a stat for you re Van Nistlerooy. So far in the league this season he has only scored from the penalty spot. He has yet to put in a chance from open play (and he has no chance of putting one away from outside the box which he has never managed while he has been at the mancs)

We might only have beaten poor teams at home so far this season but last year we got one point from home games against Charlton, Fulham and Southampton. Can you see that happening under Benitez?

Man Ure are shit again but don't rule out the influence of Mike Riley and the like. If United need a win to finish fourth on the final day of the season you can bet Riley's reffing their game.