You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

VAR Thoughts?

Lee909

6 minutes ago, Code said:

They said Doku got the ball

When the proof that he didn't is right in front of them and they are wilfully denying it what's the point?

"The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.”

• Upvote 1

This lad replying to redmen tv tweet nails the bollocks they claimed about Doku playing ball which the first knobhead jumps in early with and then gets dedensive about when other feller questions it....

Owen did sort of try and poke him about them not wanting to give it because it was 98th min....but he did it in such a way that it was easy for Webb to swerve it.

What narks me is how the 'Doku played ball' shout was just not looked at properly and no mention of how dangerously high his foot was.

The garbage of macca going into Doku's space is truly staggering.

• Upvote 2

Should not have watched that either, blood boiling again now, much more than on Sunday if I'm honest.

Two things.

1. How dismissive is Oliver? Not for me, mate blah-blah

2. With the length of every VAR check routinely taking a couple of minutes, how come they dismiss this one out of hand in about 40 seconds. The AVAR is the only one seemingly not completely happy with the outcome, Atwell and Oliver couldn't be more enthusiastic with their non-calls.

As others have hinted, there might not be actual money changing hands over this isolated game, but there is no way a few of the important calls that have gone against us this season isn't influenced by some sort of shenanigans, either through natural bias (the Manc refs, South Yorkshire head of refs), or the greasing of palms from Abu Dhabi.

There is such an arrogance in how they go about these things - It is like their first instinct has to be right as it proves how good they are at their job...and then they will arrogantly and doggedly stick with that and even when it is questioned like that prick was on the Doku one, a dismissive answer is given and of course accepted.

They are the fucking pits....their attitude towards the process stinks and the way it is all structured is so poor. 

• Upvote 1

It needs scrapping but obviously that would mean then having to admit that's it just plain failed .

Failing that the absolute minimum is that VAR needs taking away from there " mates " and given to a completely independent body with no input from the bent fuckers at the PGMOL. 

In the 5 farcical minutes it took them to look at a West Ham goal they never once thought to mention the West Ham lad offside was blocking the Villa defender. Looks like another one of those rules for one day only. Shower of pricks.

I've just read the transcript because I can't give that cunt webb my full attention.

But here's the bit that really boils my piss 

And I'll quote 

"It's a massive game," 

The size of the game means absolutely fucking zero in decision making, not one iota should the "size of the game" mean the decision making process. 

Whether it's Liverpool vs man city or Luton vs ragball fucking rovers. The "size of the game" means nothing to do with how a decision is made within the 90 minutes of a football game. 

Useless, inept, corrupt cunt

• Upvote 4

Watching that clip again, you can see that Mac is slightly jumping as he gets hit. If he hadn’t jumped, the kick would have hit near his neck rather than his chest. 

6 hours ago, Code said:

They said Doku got the ball

Which is irrelevant anyhow. The follow through is just as much an offence as the tackle itself. A prime example of that was given against Bradley on Sunday when tackling a Man U player and catching him on the follow through.

9 hours ago, torahboy said:

"Both go in high". McAllister's feet don't leave the ground. They are actually denying the evidence of their own eyes. Complete fucking farce.

THIS !! I mean what the fuck is high from Mac his head ??? Useless cunts couldn’t find their own arses.

2 hours ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Which is irrelevant anyhow. The follow through is just as much an offence as the tackle itself. A prime example of that was given against Bradley on Sunday when tackling a Man U player and catching him on the follow through.

There was a penalty for Bournemouth given the day before our game when a player gets the ball and then the man . That was referred to by Gallagher when they reviewed the call on the day after the game. There’s just no consistency with this gang of buffoons.

3 hours ago, VladimirIlyich said:

And 2 minutes later not given in the box when Gakpo had his ankle trampled over.

We've reached a new stage in the process now. Some of the officials have grown so passive they're not actually doing the basics any more. In last Sunday's game, for example, one of the manc players went to take a corner, and placed the ball more blatantly outside the corner area than I've ever seen, and the linesman didn't even look. That might seem trivial but it's a sign of how careless these idiots have become. Same with throw-ins - most refs and linesmen don't mind these days how much further up/deeper players take them. Goalkeepers carrying the ball just outside the area before kicking - happens most games.

In contrast to this routine sloppiness, the obsessive-compulsive measuring of potentially offside toe-tips and fingernails gets worse. 

So essentially we have a game that's never been so sloppily-managed, disguised by occasional hi-tech interventions. It's like some old corner grocery shop sometimes firing up a desk top pc to compare a price with ASDA. 

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, gkmacca said:

We've reached a new stage in the process now. Some of the officials have grown so passive they're not actually doing the basics any more. In last Sunday's game, for example, one of the manc players went to take a corner, and placed the ball more blatantly outside the corner area than I've ever seen, and the linesman didn't even look. That might seem trivial but it's a sign of how careless these idiots have become. Same with throw-ins - most refs and linesmen don't mind these days how much further up/deeper players take them. Goalkeepers carrying the ball just outside the area before kicking - happens most games.

In contrast to this routine sloppiness, the obsessive-compulsive measuring of potentially offside toe-tips and fingernails gets worse. 

So essentially we have a game that's never been so sloppily-managed, disguised by occasional hi-tech interventions. It's like some old corner grocery shop sometimes firing up a desk top pc to compare a price with ASDA. 

Of course because they've got video and their mates to back them up so why do they need to be better at their job?

They also have this farcical show, the ability to avoid having to answer to their actions and of course the mysterious independent panel of footballers who cant be named.

The whole thing is bollocks and football is fucking shafted. Its full of cheats and corruption, its not incompetence, its not the odd mistake, its deliberate and calculated and the quicker people wake up to it the better. People should fuck it off and watch the Premier League and PGMOL and UEFA fucking gasp for air.

11 hours ago, chrisbonnie said:

I've just read the transcript because I can't give that cunt webb my full attention.

But here's the bit that really boils my piss 

And I'll quote 

"It's a massive game," 

The size of the game means absolutely fucking zero in decision making, not one iota should the "size of the game" mean the decision making process. 

Whether it's Liverpool vs man city or Luton vs ragball fucking rovers. The "size of the game" means nothing to do with how a decision is made within the 90 minutes of a football game. 

Useless, inept, corrupt cunt

Exactly.

According to the corrupt cunt, it should not matter if its 98th minute or 20th minute. So how in the fuckety fuck does it matter if its City-Liverpool or Palace-West Hame? 

As for Owen, he is a real soft cunt playing to the audience isn't he? Anyone with half a brain would have at least asked couple of logical questions on the VAR comments. 

• Like 1

That conversation is shocking,  pure fucking gaslighting,  in my opinion var is  definitely being actively used to deny us blatant decisions that should be given for us. 

If you didn't know better it's almost like its been pre- scripted  before the match has even started .