You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Bitcoin and other Crypto...

Spy Bee

Hold fire for now else you'll get burnt, value will plummet soon.

It's the same with all speculative bubbles, isn't it? Some people will make a great deal of money and some people will lose a great deal of money. The only question is how soon it takes for the whole thing to come crashing down.

Spy bee, how safe/risky are those other platforms you've been buying through?

They're all sound.

It's the same with all speculative bubbles, isn't it? Some people will make a great deal of money and some people will lose a great deal of money. The only question is how soon it takes for the whole thing to come crashing down.

Why do you presume that it will all come crashing down? 

Dodgy shit fellas

Or hacked -- ooohhhh! Free money.

I don't think that you can be hacked, because there's a specific encryption code for a specific transaction that is related to your own encryption key, which is how the old blockchain works.

There is obviously a massive bubble risk with cryptocurrency, because as seen by this thread, a load of people are getting into it purely to speculate and without really knowing what they are doing. If you are someone who does know a bit of what they are dealing with, don't care too much about losing money and are able to cash in at the right time then there probably is some money to be made from those suckers.

The Reserve Bank of Australia has actually been looking into a crypto-dollar. It would particularly useful for international trade applications and preventing piracy and fraud in stuff like medicines and food as the payment travels with the goods.

can no longer log into the app, which is a bit odd.

Gotta say I really don't understand any of this shit...

Hold fire for now else you'll get burnt, value will plummet soon.

If that has happened and the money has been nicked, I'm guessing it's gone for good and it's tough shit if your one of the unlucky ones ? 

Guess not, but the currency is worth fuck all if confidence goes to pot, surely.

So there's nothing to stop anyone from doing the following then.

Operate as a well run but ungoverned internet currency exchange. Gain the trust of people and then when you've got enough in the back pocket, just say you were mugged on the internet and sail off into the sunset ? 

Anyways - my IP address may change in the next few hours lads.

Anybody had a dabble?

If you put £100 in Bitcoin 10 years ago, you'd be a millionaire now

If you put £500 in five years ago, you'd be a millionaire now

I put £750 in Crypto including Bitcoin 5 weeks ago and it's now worth £1500.

Anybody else involved?

If you put £1000 in bitcoin when I posted this, you could cash out now for £1666.

My £475 is currently worth £595, though £150 of that is in litecoin and ethereum which are both down around £10 on what I put in.

Bitcoin is up 20% in the last day, so expecting a drop soon but I don't have enough in to make cashing out worth it. Just gonna ride it for 6 months or so, and if it drops hard maybe put a bit more in after payday.

I'm concerned about using other platforms so can't see how I can get into iota or any of the others you've mentioned.

• Upvote 1

My £475 is currently worth £595, though £150 of that is in litecoin and ethereum which are both down around £10 on what I put in.

Bitcoin is up 20% in the last day, so expecting a drop soon but I don't have enough in to make cashing out worth it. Just gonna ride it for 6 months or so, and if it drops hard maybe put a bit more in after payday.

I'm concerned about using other platforms so can't see how I can get into iota or any of the others you've mentioned.

Bitfinex is sound. You don't need to validate ID there as they don't deal in actual money. You just transfer Bitcoin from Coinbase and then transfer into IOTA or whatever. IOTA doesn't use blockchain, so I think it has a real stand out quality. It could really go as it's starting to get hype.

Bitfinex is sound. You don't need to validate ID there as they don't deal in actual money. You just transfer Bitcoin from Coinbase and then transfer into IOTA or whatever. IOTA doesn't use blockchain, so I think it has a real stand out quality. It could really go as it's starting to get hype.

Can you get your profits (ie cash) out OK?

I've transferred £120 worth of BTC from my Coinbase app to a new bitfinex account but it's not showing up yet. How long does it usually take?

Anything up to 48 hours, mine took 5 hours yesterday.

Bitcoin at 16,000$

I've just dumped half of what I own into IOTA.