You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Transfers summer 2016

Babbel's my other all-time 11 full back. We were robbed when he became ill. Brilliant player.

I wonder what would have happened to Carra in 01/02 if Babbel had remained fit. Riise was bought to play LB. I presume he would have started as 1st choice replacement in the back 4 and he would have usurped one of them with his consistency.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

It would appear we are done, with an outside chance of a backup left back.

Even if we sell Beneteke? No new striker?

=w00t=

3 most expensive defenders of all time

Maldini - No

Baresi - Dont be silly

Thiago Silva - Wrong

Lahm- That wouldn't be right either

David Luiz,John Stones and Eliaquim Mangala

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

Even if we sell Beneteke? No new striker?

=w00t=

That's the noise in the press. I'm hoping we get someone if/when benteke goes, we feel too light there - we maybe have enough bodies, but I think origi has a lot to prove and seems to pick up some injuries, Sturridge can't stay fit at all and I wouldn't want ings or firmino to be our striker for a sustained period.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

That's the noise in the press. I'm hoping we get someone if/when benteke goes, we feel too light there - we maybe have enough bodies, but I think origi has a lot to prove and seems to pick up some injuries, Sturridge can't stay fit at all and I wouldn't want ings or firmino to be our striker for a sustained period.

Agreed. We're light up front and we're light in midfield. If not in terms of men, in terms of quality.

• Upvote 1

Agreed. We're light up front and we're light in midfield. If not in terms of men, in terms of quality.

I don't see how we are light upfront.

Sturridge, Origi, Firmino & Ings - with no European football is fine.  Mane can also play upfront in emergencies.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

I don't see how we are light upfront.

Sturridge, Origi, Firmino & Ings - with no European football is fine. Mane can also play upfront in emergencies.

Ok. So we are light up front, or are you leaving quality players out? I don't understand how the second part tallies with the first u less we are pretending Sturridge isn't going to be injured for large parts of the season, that Firmino isn't really a deeper player, Origi isn't a young players coming through, and Ings isn't Ings.

• Upvote 1

Ok. So we are light up front, or are you leaving quality players out? I don't understand how the second part tallies with the first u less we are pretending Sturridge isn't going to be injured for large parts of the season, that Firmino isn't really a deeper player, Origi isn't a young players coming through, and Ings isn't Ings.

It's mainly the Sturridge thing isn't it?

Fit Sturridge and that is the best centre forward squad in the league. However....

Sturridge will get injuries, but with Origi, Firmino and Ings I still think we'll be fine.  We scored more goals than any other team in 2016 in the league, don't see the issue... Sturridge had injuries then as well.  Origi and Firmino both impressed upfront last season and not many teams will have a better 4th choice than Ings.

We probably need another DM to compete with Can, but Klopp seems to want to keep Lucas and likes Stewart. So he might disagree.

Get a LB and I think we are well set.

• Upvote 1

Yeah, I would agree about that. Equally I assume klopp has higher hopes for winjaldum than I do. I believe matip can play midfield, so maybe that is something he's thinking of? I've no idea how good he is though. Hopefully injuries will be less of an issue with only a game per week most of the season.

And obviously, we need a left back.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

It's mainly the Sturridge thing isn't it?

Fit Sturridge and that is the best centre forward squad in the league. However....

I actually think we need one more quality centre forward or striker. I don't think any of the rest are top quality. I think, even if he is fit, he plays better with somebody else to feed and feed off of. We saw that partnership with Suarez. Yes, he's amazing and it would make it easier just because it's Suarez, but I still think another option in there would be better. Then we consider he is a crock, and that leaves us with the likes of Origi and Firmino. A young lad and a number 10. Like I say, a little light for me. 

• Upvote 1

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Seems like Klopps happy with Origi, Ings and Sturridge, Firmino and probably Mane in emergencies

I'm not sure what that has to do with me, to be honest. Or anything, for that matter. He'd almost certainly be happier with two top players in there. Rather than one very good, broken player. Either way, I'm not happy with it. 

I actually think we need one more quality centre forward or striker. I don't think any of the rest are top quality. I think, even if he is fit, he plays better with somebody else to feed and feed off of. We saw that partnership with Suarez. Yes, he's amazing and it would make it easier just because it's Suarez, but I still think another option in there would be better. Then we consider he is a crock, and that leaves us with the likes of Origi and Firmino. A young lad and a number 10. Like I say, a little light for me. 

I agree with you that Sturridge looks best with another striker alongside him.  

Really liked Sturridge and Origi when together last season.  They destroyed Southampton away in that league cup game.

Sturridge and Firmino didn't seem to click as much, not sure why as they should do.

• Upvote 1

Guest Numero Veinticinco

I agree with you that Sturridge looks best with another striker alongside him.  

Really liked Sturridge and Origi when together last season.  They destroyed Southampton away in that league cup game.

Sturridge and Firmino didn't seem to click as much, not sure why as they should do.

Incompatible haircuts. 

I'm not sure what that has to do with me, to be honest. Or anything, for that matter. He'd almost certainly be happier with two top players in there. Rather than one very good, broken player. Either way, I'm not happy with it.

I don't think he's looking for another or and out striker, more likely a wide forward... If anyone is gonna be added to the forward line.

And apologies, I just quoted your post to insert boobies in said quote.

The problem that thise who are saying we need another striker are overlooking is that if we buy another 'quality' cf then you are looki g at at least 40 million. Anything less than that isnt really going to improve the squad so therefore unless you are prepared to spend big what is the point.

Also is another cf going to want to come in and play second fiddle to sturridge and likewise it may cause handbags in the dressing room.

• Upvote 2