You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

Sugar Ape

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?  

218 members have voted

1. 1. Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

1 hour ago, Boss said:

People are fat for all sorts of reasons. Some people do not exercise. Some people eat too much fat. Some people eat too much protein which gets converted to fat. You can't arbitrarily tax everybody based on some Nanny State idea of what they should or shouldn't eat. How would you like it if the government levied a soy tax? Soy is unhealthy, yet most Vegetarians consume it as a source of protein. Putting a mobile phone up against your head is unhealthy. Should we create a tax for that as well?

Soy and mobile phones are unhealthy? I think you've been reading too many crank websites, fella.

2 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

"Handy for work" covers a wide area of rail and bus routes.

What is "good for re-sale" is entirely moot if you'renot looking to re-sell.

No kids and no plans. I might consider getting a cat at some point, if that's relevant. 

Nothing is entirely Moof, and you will live there for what - 5 years? Or 10?

26 minutes ago, Sixtimes Dog said:

Soy and mobile phones are unhealthy? I think you've been reading too many crank websites, fella.

Soy has a long history of documentation proving it's estrogenic effect and wireless radiation causes harm. Unless you consider scientific studies to be crank websites.

1 minute ago, Boss said:

Soy has a long history of documentation proving it's estrogenic effect and wireless radiation causes harm. Unless you consider pubmed a crank website.

Soy has a long history of being eaten by the Chinese, who are the most fertile people on the planet. I can only imagine that Chinese men are immune to its "proven" feminising effects.

I don't know what pubmed study you're referring to, but the scientific consensus is clear on the safety of mobile phone use. 

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, Sixtimes Dog said:

Soy has a long history of being eaten by the Chinese, who are the most fertile people on the planet. I can only imagine that Chinese men are immune to its "proven" feminising effects.

I don't know what pubmed study you're referring to, but the scientific consensus is clear on the safety of mobile phone use. 

It is estrogenic though, you can't deny that.

2 hours ago, Sixtimes Dog said:

He watched this video.

21 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

Already getting slagged down the banks on Sky on the press preview. 

The first point being "why didn't he do this 3 years ago". This from someone who apparently doesn't want a no deal brexit as well.

Leader of LD also slagging JC

8 minutes ago, viRdjil said:

I do appreciate that his focus is in getting a deal and stopping no deal, but I don’t believe the choice of remain should be in the ballot paper for reasons I’ve mentioned before.

Why not?

Surely if the 51.9% of voters are still keen on Leave they can then just vote for the Leave option again?

Say things had worked out the other way and Remain had won, would that stop a future government putting forward another EU referendum should the popular mood be all for it?

22 minutes ago, Jose Jones said:

Say things had worked out the other way and Remain had won, would that stop a future government putting forward another EU referendum should the popular mood be all for it?

Should for at least a generation IMO.

• Downvote 1

35 minutes ago, viRdjil said:

I do appreciate that his focus is in getting a deal and stopping no deal, but I don’t believe the choice of remain should be in the ballot paper for reasons I’ve mentioned before.

Yes, because you don't want to give a democratic choice to the electorate out of a misguided understanding of what democracy is. In this case, you think it should only happen one time without the electorate being able to change their mind now that we know more about it. 

Me, I think it's okay for the power to be with the electorate, I think it's okay for voters to change their mind. Mainly because I believe in democratic freedoms. 

7 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

Yes, because you don't want to give a democratic choice to the electorate out of a misguided understanding of what democracy is. In this case, you think it should only happen one time without the electorate being able to change their mind now that we know more about it. 

Me, I think it's okay for the power to be with the electorate, I think it's okay for voters to change their mind. Mainly because I believe in democratic freedoms. 

As I said earlier they can change their minds after you leave the EU and campaign for the UK to rejoin the union. The focus should be to try and get the least damaging deal as possible e.g., something similar to the EEA agreement with Norway. Probably not going to be as good being in the EU, with the UK having less of a say in rules-setting, etc but it’d be what the people voted for. 

• Downvote 1

6 minutes ago, viRdjil said:

Should for at least a generation IMO.

What?  

So if there was an opinion poll, in this hypothetical Remain scenario, that 3 years later showed that 80% of the population now wanted to leave the EU, they'd have to wait another 22 years before any government could table it?

Seems a bit wrong.

1 minute ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

That's big of you. 'Oh, you want to avoid a disaster because you now know more than the lies you were told and have changed your mind? TOUGH SHIT. EAT RATS'. 

Fuck off. 

The leave campaign did give the voters plenty of warning about what leaving the EU would result in.

• Downvote 1