You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rio 2016 Summer Olympics

Anubis

Sticking his tongue out during the medal ceremony showed what a release of pressure it was.

Sticking his tongue out in that situation show he's a clown more like.

Can't knock his achievements, but I don't like the guy.

Why don't you go and cry it in somewhere else for fucks sake. 

Why don't you fuck off.

Don't really know anything about the history between them but Cav and Wiggins won the World Madison title together back in March

Cav and Wiggins made up, but then had another little spat before this Olympics.  But Cav seems to have been forgiving once again - he's a good lad.

Why don't you fuck off.

Cav and Wiggins made up, but then had another little spat before this Olympics.  But Cav seems to have been forgiving once again - he's a good lad.

Do you really think everybody here wants to listen to you whining because you think Wiggings may have offended the sensibilities of your mancrush? He's just become the most decorated British Olympian ever, and everyone was cheering him on. Now you arrive to piss on chips

If Cav has forgiven Wiggins, maybe, just maybe, you could too? You boring cunt!

Hahahaha!

The only reason you know they've had a spat is because Cavendish has been gobbing off about it.

And he's been gobbing off because he's pissed off he wasn't allowed to walk straight into a team that have been focused solely on this one event for the last year and a half just to get the Olympic gold he keeps missing out on because he isn't quite good enough on the track.

Do you really think everybody here wants to listen to you whining because you think Wiggings may have offended the sensibilities of your mancrush? He's just become the most decorated British Olympian ever, and everyone was cheering him on. Now you arrive to piss on chips

If Cav has forgiven Wiggins, maybe, just maybe, you could too? You boring cunt!

I'm pissed off.  It is a forum.  I am airing my anger.

Now fuck off.

Hahahaha!

The only reason you know they've had a spat is because Cavendish has been gobbing off about it.

And he's been gobbing off because he's pissed off he wasn't allowed to walk straight into a team that have been focused solely on this one event for the last year and a half just to get the Olympic gold he keeps missing out on because he isn't quite good enough on the track.

Nah, I was this angry in the last two Olympic threads on here about Wiggins.  I can't stand him.

Anyway... I'll move on now.  I'm happy GBR are third in the medal table, hope they can stay there.

He's a prize chump

Really?  He came back from the TdF early because he was allegedly needed as reserve for the team pursuit - he said himself that for his own event, the omnium, he would have been better off staying there because getting the miles in his legs would have been better prep.

He was in the best form I've seen him for maybe three years on the road this year and may well have won in Paris for the fifth time in his career, as well as getting even closer to Merckx's all-time stage wins record.  He already has about ten more stage wins than any other rider in the TdF if you take time trials out of the equation and is by far the most successful sprinter in the history of the race but equalling or bettering Merckx's record would be an absolutely remarkable achievement.  He's also not getting any younger.

Yet he binned all that off to sit around getting splinters in his arse for a week before his event kicks off, giving up better preparation for it in the process.  He did also tweet to basically say this stuff about him refusing to warm up was bullshit.

The real kicker is why he's even at the Olympics to begin with.  I mean looking at his palmarès he's hardly going to be short of a few career highlights.  He's there because he was the only member of our track squad in Beijing to leave without a medal and it absolutely burns him and the reason for that was that Wiggins completely fucking gassed himself breaking world records in the pursuit, despite the fact that he was Cavendish's partner in the madison which came at the end of the program.  Wiggins thought 'fuck it, glory time' and completely fucked Cavendish over in the process and if you think I'm being harsh on him there Wiggins actually admits that in his book.

To be honest, if I was him I'd have told them to shove being fifth man in the team pursuit right up their fucking arse, especially since yet again it's all about Wiggins if you notice (despite the fact Ed Clancy has just won his third consecutive gold in the same event).

Wiggins is a fucking great cyclist, no doubt about that at all but he's also completely self-absorbed.

Anyway fuck that. Let's see how many seconds Ledecky can take off the 800m freestyle world record.  This could be truly spectacular.  Jazz Carlin in with a good shout of a medal here too.

Edit: Halfway through - it's absolutely incredible to watch someone do this to a world class field.  Leading by about 15m at the halfway point, she is absolutely unreal.

Second silver for Carling which makes her the best non-mutant, fantstic swim from her.  Ledecky takes a fraction under two seconds off her record.

Really? He came back from the TdF early because he was allegedly needed as reserve for the team pursuit - he said himself that for his own event, the omnium, he would have been better off staying there because getting the miles in his legs would have been better prep.

He was in the best form I've seen him for maybe three years on the road this year and may well have won in Paris for the fifth time in his career, as well as getting even closer to Merckx's all-time stage wins record. He already has about ten more stage wins than any other rider in the TdF if you take time trials out of the equation and is by far the most successful sprinter in the history of the race but equalling or bettering Merckx's record would be an absolutely remarkable achievement. He's also not getting any younger.

Yet he binned all that off to sit around getting splinters in his arse for a week before his event kicks off, giving up better preparation for it in the process. He did also tweet to basically say this stuff about him refusing to warm up was bullshit.

The real kicker is why he's even at the Olympics to begin with. I mean looking at his palmarès he's hardly going to be short of a few career highlights. He's there because he was the only member of our track squad in Beijing to leave without a medal and it absolutely burns him and the reason for that was that Wiggins completely fucking gassed himself breaking world records in the pursuit, despite the fact that he was Cavendish's partner in the madison which came at the end of the program. Wiggins thought 'fuck it, glory time' and completely fucked Cavendish over in the process and if you think I'm being harsh on him there Wiggins actually admits that in his book.

To be honest, if I was him I'd have told them to shove being fifth man in the team pursuit right up their fucking arse, especially since yet again it's all about Wiggins if you notice (despite the fact Ed Clancy has just won his third consecutive gold in the same event).

Wiggins is a fucking great cyclist, no doubt about that at all but he's also completely self-absorbed.

Agree about most the points about Cavendish, he's no chump and one of the best sprinters of all time but the team were fully set up to support him taking glory in London 2012 (inc Wiggins) but failed thanks to other teams and didn't medal.

Very important to mention that one if we're talking about Cavendish's past games (and his other team members support roles)

Hopefully this time he'll get his medal but the omnium is tough and he's not the immediate favourite. Fingers crossed for him though as I'd love to see him on the podium with the colour gold round his neck

Also, well done to Wiggins. I don't have to like him a massive deal but I respect his achievements.

• Upvote 1

Fuck me, just watched that 10,000m. I am more out of breath running up the stairs. She wasn't even blowing at all. She's either got some phenomenal lung capacity or she's on a massive cocktail of untraceable drugs.

Doped to the gills.