You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rio 2016 Summer Olympics

Anubis

After 2 events KJT is in 1st place and Ennis 3rd, a reverse of their positions at the same point in 2012.

EDIT: I should add, this is more down to KJT improving than anything else. Jessica is only 7 points down on her 2012 total; Katarina is 118 points better than 2012.

The stadium is 3/4 full with Man City fans, embarrassing.

As rico suggested earlier in the thread it feels like some serious questions need to be asked about the ability of most of the world to host a seemingly ever-expanding games

Yes but the way they were going on you'd think she was jumping with it strapped to her back.

Yes but the way they were going on you'd think she was jumping with it strapped to her back.

You missed the sarcasm intended in my post. I'm ready to put my foot through the telly the next time I hear about how much work she's done to regain her fitness

Jessica Ennis-Hill is one of, if not the, most recognisable athletes in the UK and a gold medallist. Like it or not, the emphasis will be on her. I think you're exaggerating, though, I thought the commentators talked up KJT quite a lot, especially during that tremendous high jump showing.

• Upvote 1

That twit Skelton ruining the swimming coverage for me

I think she's awful....you can tell she hasn't got a clue what she's going on about . 

And what's happened to Ian Thorpe I thought he was really good at the last Olympics and he actually talked sense, the Beeb really have dumbed down with their sporting coverage.

I've been watching it on red button every night and unless my brain is just filtering her mindless prattle out without me even realising, it's been completely Skelton-free.