You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Brendan Rodgers - New Celtic Manager

7-nil bumming tonight from Barca. The last two results sum up Rodgers perfectly. When you can attack with no consequences he's fine, but when tactics or the ability to adapt to an opponent who's better or won't play into your hands are required he's fucked. If he was a boxing coach he'd tell you to fight Tyson the way you'd fight Barry Mcguigan.

• Upvote 2

Im not a fan of Rodgers nor do i hate the man but you can hardly put much of this on him. Had he gone there to sut back snd frustrate they'd have been bummed by at least 5 anyway. He has gone there with whats at best a lower midtable championship team

Im not a fan of Rodgers nor do i hate the man but you can hardly put much of this on him. Had he gone there to sut back snd frustrate they'd have been bummed by at least 5 anyway. He has gone there with whats at best a lower midtable championship team

Yeah I wish him well and think he's deserving of respect for what he did here, he seems like a nice guy and all that but these last two results just brought it all back. Spectacular result when you're allowed to play and then a total clusterfuck when you're not.

I reckon he hates European football because you can't just attack, that's always what it seemed like here, he'd have a half hearted crack, get beat and then act like it was shit anyway and he has bigger fish to fry, like a darts player who wandered into a chess tournament.

Can't see how when his football is based on Barcelona.

Its a recurring theme with him in Europe though. Beaten 2-0 by a bunch of Israeli national servicemen and then dry bummed by one of the best teams in the world without learning anything from the former. I'm not a fan of his but he never seems to even want to learn how to play with a defensive mindset when necessary. I just get the feeling his ego wont let him admit he has a hell of a lot to learn. If he was willing to change he could probably be a decent manager at the top level.

Haha

Just listening to yesterdays football weekly and they are talking pre Celtic-Barca. The Celtic reporter saying they would finish 10th in the Premier League. Better than Sunderland and Burnley not as good as Liverpool or Leicester and certainly not as good as the top teams. They score plenty and Scot Browns been excellent

Fuck me

You'd think they went through a murders row to get into the champions league

• Upvote 1

Haha

Just listening to yesterdays football weekly and they are talking pre Celtic-Barca. The Celtic reporter saying they would finish 10th in the Premier League. Better than Sunderland and Burnley not as good as Liverpool or Leicester and certainly not as good as the top teams. They score plenty and Scot Browns been excellent

Fuck me

Scott Brown is utter cack. Can't control or pass a football, but is loved by the fans because he snarls a lot and constantly slags Rangers.

A more perfect personification of the rotten corpse that is Scottish football, you could not find.

• Upvote 1

Barca are a very good side and there is no shame in getting beat by them..........

There is quite a lot of shame though when you get dicked and are quite thankfull it wasnt double figures. Their defending tonight was abysmal. Some of the goals they let in were an embarassment.

Haha

Fuck me

With the current team they'd probably be lucky not to get relegated.

Celtic in the Premier League would have a completely different team than they have now.

Scott Brown is utter cack. Can't control or pass a football, but is loved by the fans because he snarls a lot and constantly slags Rangers.

A more perfect personification of the rotten corpse that is Scottish football, you could not find.

Petrov was the best player in Scotland and did well enough for villa but he was no better than say robbie savage.

Barry Ferguson was one of the best when he left Scotland for Birmingham was it. Did fuck all.

Hutton looked a great player. Useless.

Even larsson looked nothing like the player he was at celtic.