You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Loris Karius

Captain

Imagine shooting something like this just weeks after that final performance? Wonderful self-awareness.

Generally, footballers really are a different, thicker species.

The lack of self awareness may well be his saving grace... he's probably forgot about the European Cup Final by now. 

He would have been more worried about making sure he got a new pair of Balenciaga than his performance the day after the final. Concussion permitting.

Just had to google Balenciaga, and am now informed that they are company that sells 700 quid trainers that look like 15 quid Golas from the 90s

11503247uf_11_a_f.jpg

and that you can spend over two grand to look like a dishevelled postman -

41772934mp_11_a_f.jpg

• Upvote 4

It's so hard to know how this will go. Do the fans turn on Karius if things start going badly? Do the fans turn on Klopp if Karius starts making big mistakes?

You'd like to think that IF he starts as number 1 and the window is still open at the beginning of the season that if things start going wrong that something will be done about it.

Don't agree with the Klopp thing,  but I think Karius is done here. He won't even need to let a soft goal in , the first time he miscues a clearance the moans will be long and loud. Once Mignolet reached that stage he never had any long-term future at LFC.

Karius video is the least self-aware thing I think I have ever seen (Has he really fashioned his own motif for his cap ? ) he probably sees LK Today advertised in the TV Times and assumes it is a programme about his tats.

• Upvote 1

Don't agree with the Klopp thing,  but I think Karius is done here. He won't even need to let a soft goal in , the first time he miscues a clearance the moans will be long and loud. Once Mignolet reached that stage he never had any long-term future here.

His video is the least self-aware thing I think I have ever seen & those trabs are hideous.

All logic points to this post and real life being equal. I'm not even sure he needs to make a mistake to have the pressure start. Imagine what the opposition fans are going to be singing to unsettle him? If he's lucky he will just get "you're shit and you know you are" if they are more imaginative  he will have to have a skin thicker than Fort Knox.

Just had to google Balenciaga, and am now informed that they are company that sells 700 quid trainers that look like 15 quid Golas from the 90s

11503247uf_11_a_f.jpg

and that you can spend over two grand to look like a dishevelled postman -

41772934mp_11_a_f.jpg

They sold a t shirt a while back with a shirt attached to the front, £900. Think they're just seeing what cunt will buy one.

Felt bad for him after the final. 

Now I  think he's a cunt. 

If Klopp persists with him then I'm afraid I'm going to have be on his back a bit.

Some things are beyond the pale. The Champion's League final and that video, not sure what is worse.

I'm not sure why anyone's surprised. Keepers like Butland aren't any better and we were never going to pay the fees talked about for Allison or Oblak and other top class keepers. Well not without a huge sale.

It's genuinely like people get amnesia during transfer windows and forget fsgs previous history.

• Upvote 1

It's OK after all. David James has given Karius his backing...

David James has given his backing to Jurgen Klopp after reports that he will stick with Loris Karius as Liverpool’s number one next season.

The German made two crucial errors as the Reds lost 3-1 to Real Madrid in the Champions League final at the end of last season with many supporters calling for him to be replaced.

However, reports have emerged that claim Klopp will abandon any plans he had of signing a new goalkeeper to put his faith in Karius’ ability.

And James, who made over 200 appearances in net for Liverpool, thinks Klopp has come to the right decision over Karius.

“I was at the game in Kiev and I saw the incident with Ramos at 0-0 where Karius took a blow and I thought it looked like a big blow because of the way he fell to the floor, and three minutes later they score the first goal,” James told talkSPORT host Jim White.

“I was saying to people at the game there was something wrong with what happened, and lo and behold Liverpool got him assessed and there was evidence of some concussion.

“I like the keeper, I think he’s got the potential to be really, really good – special even – but unfortunately when that happens in the Champions League final, everybody is watching.

“I think that if Liverpool were to decide to get rid of him or bring someone else in because of one incident, that it wouldn’t be showing so much faith. One thing Jürgen has done with his squad, hence the reason why they get to European finals, is he’s shown faith in the players he has.

“So I think it’s the right decision to keep Karius on.

“To sign a replacement for Karius because of Kiev, I think that would be the wrong thing to do.

“The kneejerk reaction from fans after Kiev was to get someone else in.

“He’ll understand that he will make another mistake – that’s the life of a goalkeeper.

“But providing the under-performance in Kiev was down to a blow to the head, then there’s nothing to say he shouldn’t be getting back to the level he was at before and improving on it.”

It's OK after all. David James has given Karius his backing...

David James has given his backing to Jurgen Klopp after reports that he will stick with Loris Karius as Liverpool’s number one next season.

The German made two crucial errors as the Reds lost 3-1 to Real Madrid in the Champions League final at the end of last season with many supporters calling for him to be replaced.

However, reports have emerged that claim Klopp will abandon any plans he had of signing a new goalkeeper to put his faith in Karius’ ability.

And James, who made over 200 appearances in net for Liverpool, thinks Klopp has come to the right decision over Karius.

“I was at the game in Kiev and I saw the incident with Ramos at 0-0 where Karius took a blow and I thought it looked like a big blow because of the way he fell to the floor, and three minutes later they score the first goal,” James told talkSPORT host Jim White.

“I was saying to people at the game there was something wrong with what happened, and lo and behold Liverpool got him assessed and there was evidence of some concussion.

“I like the keeper, I think he’s got the potential to be really, really good – special even – but unfortunately when that happens in the Champions League final, everybody is watching.

“I think that if Liverpool were to decide to get rid of him or bring someone else in because of one incident, that it wouldn’t be showing so much faith. One thing Jürgen has done with his squad, hence the reason why they get to European finals, is he’s shown faith in the players he has.

“So I think it’s the right decision to keep Karius on.

“To sign a replacement for Karius because of Kiev, I think that would be the wrong thing to do.

“The kneejerk reaction from fans after Kiev was to get someone else in.

“He’ll understand that he will make another mistake – that’s the life of a goalkeeper.

“But providing the under-performance in Kiev was down to a blow to the head, then there’s nothing to say he shouldn’t be getting back to the level he was at before and improving on it.”

Why the fuck would anyone care what David James thinks about anything?

Does a reporter go out of their way to get hold of him to find out his opinion? Or does he broadcast it himself and a reporter thinks fuck it I'm hungover and can't be arsed using my imagination to invent some transfer links, I'll use this instead.

This doesn't just apply to DJ, it applies to all no-mark ex-football players with an opinion.

Assuming the club has no intention of spending £70-80m on a keeper without a big sale, and it's a fair assumption, who would people take instead of Karius? I'd have Schmeichel still at £30m max.

And would people even prefer Mignolet back in goal?

And would people even prefer Mignolet back in goal?

Yes.

I felt sorry for Karius after the final but assumed we’d have someone else for the start of the season. That video makes clear that he’s a weapon of mass destructive proportions who probably doesn’t have the sense to learn from his litany of mistakes.

I’d rather we had somebody new in, but I’d play any of our current reserves over this clown.

He's leveraging his good looks. Who gives a fuck?

Anyways what these Mignolet and Karius failures show is that in addition to the fact that Achterburg is probably useless, we have no use for keepers who are primarily athletic shot stoppers.

Given that we are among the top teams in the world in preventing shots in target, we should probably just go for someone who is extremely good with his feet or that is 7 feet tall and dominates the box. That's the conclusion I've come to anyways. 

Karius to producer ‘I need something to help people forget about the final’

Producer to Karius ‘I guarantee that the final will never again be spoken of as the low point of your life’

Karius to producer ‘wunderbar, here are many thousands of your American dollars’

Producer to Karius (under breath) ‘fucking thick cunt’