You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man City - League cup final

Sugar Ape

Coutinho is one of those players that's good but takes on an aura among the fans purely because the rest is a Normandy landings worth of shite. Think Kinkladze et al.

Kinkladze who scored 4 premier league goals in his entire Man City career?

I think we have lots of talented players here, but we have almost 0 leaders/winners in the team.

Well, he did just score in a cup final!

We aren't in many big games. We've been an embarrassment in Europe for several years, and even big league games are often dead rubbers by about December.

What Coutinho needs are some mobile forwards ahead of him. Then no-one would care about how many goals he scores because he'd finish every season with 25 assists.

He scored more and important goal did Luis

How many big games do we actually play anymore though? Here are some of the big games over the last couple of seasons:

FA Cup Semi-Final v Aston Villa: he scored the opening goal and the whole team proceeded to shit the bed.

Home v Man City 14/15: scored a spectacular winner in a game that took on huge importance, but didn't matter as the team fell apart in the home stretch.

Away v Southampton 14/15: scored another scorcher early in the game after we were getting battered, got us the win in a long unbeaten stretch which ended up amounting to nothing as, you guessed it, the team shat their collective pants.

Home v Man City 13/14: quite simply the most important Premier League game the club had ever had until that point (the biggest if you discount the Chelsea game) and Phil scored the winner. 

His final ball might be a bit frustrating and he can be invisible at times, but he's hardly one to disappear on the big stage.

Origi has serious talent. I think this is the first time in a long time we've plucked for a relatively unknown striker and it's worked. He's got all the tools to be a very good striker for us, just needs consistent games similar to Can.

I must be missing something here but where is Origi hiding this serious talent? Is it in the shape of N'Gog?

I must be missing something here but where is Origi hiding this serious talent? Is it in the shape of N'Gog?

He's twenty. Personally I've already seen enough to think there's a player there. 5 goals in 9 starts isn't bad for a kid playing his first season in England (he's come off the bench 12 times).

His movement is good, he's strong and has a bit of pace about him. Promising player in my opinion.

• Upvote 2