You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

What are you getting the other half for Christmas?

lifetime fan

We never go mad at christmas so she's getting:

From me:

A Phillip Kingsley Showstopper hair set (from my mate in the pub who sometimes stumbles across things at suspicious discounts)

A nice statement necklace from TJs

A "Stress Paul" novelty toy - not like that

A belgian hot chocolate set

From the baby:

A pandora "mum" charm 

Thanks

What price are you looking at? More towards £25 or £60/70?

And I guess do you mean a pointer to measure distance or a level for putting shelves etc... Up?

Now, you're a man who knows about such things, aren't you?

I'm definitely in the 'buy cheap buy twice' camp but if there is a tool out there, not necessarily the industry leader, that can provide an accurate level for the building of man sheds and the like along the lines you've suggested that might be worth investigating. So far he's got a book he bought himself

Thanks

I'm definitely in the 'buy cheap buy twice' camp but if there is a tool out there, not necessarily the industry leader, that can provide an accurate level for the building of man sheds and the like along the lines you've suggested that might be worth investigating. So far he's got a book he bought himself

I really like the Stanley ones. Sold loads of them in the past and hardly had any problems with them, and when I did it was off builders who were buying the DIY one and then hammering it on a building site. £69.99 is a very good price for it from Screwfix and if anything does go wrong with it they're good at sorting it for you ( they're owned by B&Q, or at least the parent company )

http://m.screwfix.com/p/stanley-self-levelling-cross-line-90-laser-level/50507

It comes with a bracket or you can just stick it on a shelf or a ladder and it self levels. Watch the video and see what you think.

[/YouTube]

Amazon also do it with a ceiling to floor pole for a bit more which is easier to use for certain jobs.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Stanley-STHT1-77147-Cross-Laser-Level/dp/B00QF73FW2

Thanks

We use the Bosch 5-point lasers at work for levels and they are pretty decent. Not sure on price though. Presuming that's what you're after and not a Disto?

It is.

When you're 8.

Yeah I was like that as well. Just wait till the bairn comes along, then give him/her a couple of years till they're old enough to know whats going on. Then the christmas spirit comes back.

Got the missus a pampering day at a day spa. I normally buy more tangible things like technology or jewellery, so I thought I'd try something a bit different this year.

We're going away for Christmas so she explicitly said no presents.

Now many a man have fallen in this trap before and while I do believe she genuinely won't get me anything i have got her a little present. Which is basically 4 clear coasters that you can insert your own pictures into. I've then printed 4 pics of us and added. It's cost about a £10 in total.

Hopefully that will earn me a few brownie points.

I appreciate

• Upvote 1

We're going away for Christmas so she explicitly said no presents.

Now many a man have fallen in this trap before and while I do believe she genuinely won't get me anything i have got her a little present. Which is basically 4 clear coasters that you can insert your own pictures into. I've then printed 4 pics of us and added. It's cost about a £10 in total.

Hopefully that will earn me a few brownie points.

I appreciate

Bad news old chap. Unless those coasters are edged in 18c gold, and studded with a real diamond, you're fucked.

• Upvote 4