You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should the UK remain a member of the EU

Anny Road

317 members have voted

1. 1. Should the UK remain a member of the EU

• Yes
    • No

So do I. Which begs the question don't you think deciding to withhdraw from one of the world's most powerful economic blocs and placing the economic wellbeing of millions of people at risk, with the strategy after that being 'fuck it, we'll just busk it' is one of the most monumentally fucktarded things in the history of humanity?

Clue: The correct answer is 'yes'.

Oh and if people didn't vote on the basis of £350m a week going to the NHS

1) Why the fuck did Leave paint it on the side of their bus, on posters and on leaflets

2) Why are people outaged about the fact an extra £350m a week will not in fact be goiing to the NHS.

You may not have believed it. Congratulations, you're in the increasingy small proportion of the population who are brighter than the shit I had this morning. Have you ever considered standing for the Tory leadership?

Based on the argument of how much it benefits people to be in the uk why would people still choose tp vote out?

Sent from my GT-I8200N using Tapatalk

If the extra 350 million would have been correct would you have voted remain or would it have not neen an important issue?

The leave campaign used that as a campaign tool but it doesnt mean that was the reason people voted out.

Maybe people just wanted out.

You are unbelievably naive if you think that it didn't play a big part in influencing the way people voted.

The NHS is Britain's national religion.

That's why this was the ONLY pledge they put on the front of the official Leave referendum mailshot:

1tsdcj.jpg

They are liars and shysters and they're fucking the country up the arsehole with a rusty metal spike.

I am not to sure that it was ever made clear that the out campaign claimed to have a clear an going forward. I think the voted out because they wanted out and things would be taken from there.

People didnt think the out vote would win so i am not to sure what to expect from another election.

They painted a fucking bus with it on and had a leaflet campaign saying wouldn't you sooner spend 350m on the NHS. What more did they need to be clearer?

They painted a fucking bus with it on and had a leaflet campaign saying wouldn't you sooner spend 350m on the NHS. What more did they need to be clearer?

350 million for the nhs on a bus doesnt indicate that the out campaign had any other plan hoing forward.

Guest Pistonbroke

I suspect, Bullingdon Boy dick waving aside, Johnson in particular was banking on a wafer thin Remain win, with the party split, a weakened Cameron struggling to hold things together while loathed by a big chunk of it, and in position to be ousted. Crucially though, with us still in Europe.

I think a lot of people are looking at this angle as a probability Ben. During the build up to the referendum it was even mentioned by that dick Farage and others that a narrow win for remain should see the Prime minister standing down. The sheer lack of action from the Tory party since the referendum result speaks volumes. Probably why the media are covering the shit state Labour are in rather than asking the Government to come out with answers. 

It will be interesting to see what happens about Scotland looking into Vetoing the referendum result and in doing so block the UK's exit from the EU. Maybe those cunts Johnson and Gove are hoping that something like this happens before they have to face the music by activating article 50, far easier for them to save face with the deluded fucks who believed their lies if they can blame someone else.

I think the sovereignty claim and Immigration can probably be rolled into the same issue.

Yes, but they'll say sovereignty first because it's less prone to being interpreted as racism.

I've heard a lot of lovely 45+ people say they aren't racist, and they say so genuinely, but at the same time, you listen to their words, and they'll let little terms and phrases slip out...

and example (made up) would be along the lines of:

I've no problem with immigration, it's just that we can't really cope with them as a country, there's too many...

They come here and take up a lot of jobs which makes it hard for our people, and some of them don't speak the language very well.

They don't really live like us either which doesn't help.

Of course, some of the doctors are lovely, and Mrs Gupta down the road is wonderful, but there are others who just turn up! and we can't cope. Our schools are full because of it, and our benefits and NHS are suffering too.

That's how it comes out. it starts off very polite and they try to maintain the politeness, but the same old cliches are still there - about the jobs / benefits / schools / language etc.

This is your softly spoken cuddly grandmother, and lollipop lady speaking rather than a skinhead UKIP voter. 

• Upvote 1

Great post. I think the conclusion will be a General Election. There cannot be any other outcome in my opinion and the Lib Dems are already campaigning on a ticket of reversing this decision. If the SNP do the same and Labour grow a pair we could see the Tories defeated.

Johnson and Gove might well consider that to be the least worse option now 

I couldnt trust Britain to run a bath, given the last two elections. Whilst a GE is inevitable, I would be fearful of how this country would go for it.

Polls and surveys, in relation to politics at least, are defunct now. They're better off stick to shopping habits. People, here at least, either aren't honest or are too flaky. It was all about immigration. Anyone that tries to use the sovereignty argument are either lying or thick.

I agree, that's my genuine gut feeling too. But it's hard to prove.

I couldnt trust Britain to run a bath, given the last two elections. Whilst a GE is inevitable, I would be fearful of how this country would go for it.

I think it's the safest bet in the world that they'd vote for a conservative government.

• Upvote 2

@PCollinsTimes: Northern Ireland Sec says don't activate Article 50 as "we'll be shut out of important meetings". She voted Leave. Amazing.

Shes right. We need to take things slowly to and allow tempers to clam down before starting the negotiations.  Even Merkel is saying to take things slowly. 

A deal will be done eventually, that the overwhelming majority of the country will be happy with.  Probably a deal like the Swiss but with controls on migration. We shall see.

Guest Pistonbroke

We've taken back control for two days now and frankly we don't look responsible enough.

That seems to sum things up perfectly. 

That 350m figure on the brexit bus was agreed upon round some table in some Brexit campaign office.

It was on the bus because they believed it would have the biggest positive impact. They USED it, willingly.

They could have gone with a more aggressive immigration soundbite, but that would have been very risky - and they didn't need to do it, because good old Nigel would handle that side of things... 'unofficially' of course.

To denounce that figure now is scandalous. It wasn't a figure mentioned in passing, it was on the bus and on their posters and exploited without shame.

Someone did the artwork.

Someone rendered a mockup of the bus

Someone signed off on it

Someone paid for it.

Someone carried on using it even when it was questioned.

It was a manipulative figure and played on the heartstrings with their NHS pairing.

Great marketing. No denying it. Lousy social responsibility though.