You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Would you keep Rodgers at the end of the season?

Boss

Should Rodgers stay in those circumstances?  

131 members have voted

1. 1. Should Rodgers stay in those circumstances?

• Yes- It's clear to see he's on the right path and just needs more time.
    • Yes- It was the transfer commitee that fucked us.
    • Yes- As long as that fake scouser and FSG's yesmen fuck off instead
    • No- He jibbed his wife off so he doesn't practise what he preaches
    • No- He's had enough time and his signings haven't been good enough
    • No- I'm fed up of seeing 5 at the back and Adam Lallana Cruyff turns.
    • Other - Ie stop being a negative cunt....

Kuyt, Skrtel, Agger, Reina, Torres, Alonso, Mascherano, Sissoko, Arbeloa, Garcia, Lucas.

Eleven very good signings.

And Skrtel has been player of the season by a mile and Lucas when fit is our best defensive midfielder and who has performed well this season.

we ve won 5 big games this season

city home

spurs home and away

cant even remember the name of the team we beat in cl

beat besiktas home

drew with everton twice

drew with arsenal

drew some other cl games

drew with chelsea lcsf

lost to united home and away

madrid home and away

basle away

chelsea home

city away

besiktas away

villa fac sf

chelsea cc sf

I dont want him given any control of transfers

He definitely wanted Allen and Borini at the club, they are totally his signings. I really woyldnt trust him with more money based on those 2 deals alone

You can add Lallana to the list too.

There is absolutely nothing to suggest things would look better if Rodgers was in total control of our transfers.

I'm not sure whether I'm pro BRod or against at the moment but what I do know is that Lovren is pound for pound the worst signing in my time watching the club.

He's awful, a liability at the back and probably the opposition's best defender at set pieces. I thought this before that ridiculous shot at the end too.

we ve won 5 big games this season

city home

spurs home and away

cant even remember the name of the team we beat in cl

beat besiktas home

drew with everton twice

drew with arsenal

drew some other cl games

drew with chelsea lcsf

lost to united home and away

madrid home and away

basle away

chelsea home

city away

besiktas away

villa fac sf

chelsea cc sf

arsenal away

what's always baffled me about Rodgers, is that he seems to have a dragnet approach to buying players, in that - instead of scouting players to fill a particular gap - he seems to buy players he quite likes the look of and then, once they're in, makes a decision on whether or not they're good enough or whether or not they fit 'the system'. If they don't fit the system he blames them and they get ejected, dropped or frozen out. It's bizarre, it's almost as if money doesn't matter. 

• Upvote 3

The Brendan project has been tried and failed.  Let's go back to 2004, show some ambition, restore our name and glory to Europe's top table and get a top class manager - Klopp of course.

time FSG stop fucking around and realise and act like that we're the 3rd most successful team in Europe and the 3rd best supported in the world - surely they realise their "investment" would be best served by a proven top manager instead of the "can he, can't he" reign of Brendan, much  I like what he has done.

Today was a tipping point for me, as it seemed for many as they came out of Wembley.

"Brendan Rodgers: Liverpool failing in big games, says manager"

Perhaps this is because our manager has no big game experience as a manager or player and has systematically transferred out all our players who have with the exception of Gerrard...oh, wait a minute...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/32374957

The fact we don't have anybody capable of taking the captain's armband is all part of the same issue. 

Maybe it stems form rodgers being a former youth coach, maybe he's not used to having big personalities in a dressing room, or simply doesn't like it, I've heard that mooted before. 

I'd say the reason we fall in big games is because our players are shite, I think it really is that simple. good players = greater chances of winning.

The Brendan project has been tried and failed.  Let's go back to 2004, show some ambition, restore our name and glory to Europe's top table and get a top class manager - Klopp of course.

time FSG stop fucking around and realise and act like that we're the 3rd most successful team in Europe and the 3rd best supported in the world - surely they realise their "investment" would be best served by a proven top manager instead of the "can he, can't he" reign of Brendan, much  I like what he has done.

Today was a tipping point for me, as it seemed for many as they came out of Wembley.

Good job you weren't a Dortmund fan really.

I'd like the group to just stop and think about that for a moment. 2 CL Finals.

And was it 4 or 5 against Madrid at home?

I get confused with the twatting we gave the mancs around about the same time.

One of which finals we fucking won. We.won.the.Champions.League.

Under Brendan "Big Game" Rodgers getting back to it is a major achievement, only to be embarrassed.

A good post in full. 

care to elaborate?

Also, has your opinion of Rodgers done a 180 in recent weeks?

The idea that Rodgers can't handle big players is another of these bollocks little snippets that if repeated enough end up gaining traction and becoming 'fact'. Personally, I'd rather take the opinion of the third best player in the world among others.

And what opinion has supposedly done a 180?