You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Your Credit Score

Mook

Does anyone know how to find out this stuff without joining Experian and waiting two weeks while they fuck about sending out a PIN?

Mine is fine but it's my wife's seems to be causing an issue with a mortgage lender and it's causing us loads of grief at the moment.

Does anyone know how to find out this stuff without joining Experian and waiting two weeks while they fuck about sending out a PIN?Mine is fine but it's my wife's seems to be causing an issue with a mortgage lender and it's causing us loads of grief at the moment.

Stop using her card at Betfred

• Upvote 1

Sign up on line for a 14 day free trial with Experian and cancel it when you've got the info you need. Me and the missus have just done it as part of the PPI claim. Very easy and no hassle. Certainly no waiting for a PIN.

We've both done exactly the same, I got in fine the next day, they decided to send her a PIN in the post. This was last Thursday, phoned tonight and they said it would be another 5 working days before it comes.

This was after two weeks of getting something sorted out with a shop card she had so you can imagine how fed up I am...

Sign up on line for a 14 day free trial with Experian and cancel it when you've got the info you need. Me and the missus have just done it as part of the PPI claim. Very easy and no hassle. Certainly no waiting for a PIN.

I did this, and forgot about it. Last week I noticed I'd been paying them 15 quid a month for the past 6 months. £90 for a £2 credit check.

• Upvote 1

What do you need? The free one gives you every monetary account you've had over the last 6 years, and the payment history each month in £ and cycles terms. 

I had Experian for about 6 months because I kept forgetting to cancel. The only thing it had that Noddle hasn't for me was a score out of 1000, not 5.

I've asked the missus to have another look at Noddle.

I think the mortgage lenders (Virgin) are playing funny buggers. She had an issue with an old store card (not her fault), got it sorted and an apology letter and they've told us that something else is wrong now but are refusing to say what it is, nightmare.

If you've done Experien, the other big one is Equifax so you can try them

If you get a Topcashback account, they will pay you to sign up for 30 day trial, about £8 from memory. Have to remember to cancel I think after 20 odd days and before the 30 is up.

Cheers, will give 'em a shot.

I used checkmyfile, and they were pretty good. Had to remember to cancel though.

That prick off the telly has a decent blog about it all here.

I'm sure I read somewhere recently about a "secret" agency which doesn't advertise itself much but you can check for free/cheap as well; buggered if I can remember the name or where I saw it though. It's one that mostly concentrates on watching out for potential fraud, so if you eg had a couple of applications for different addresses they'd be all over it. Anyone know what I'm talking about?!

• Upvote 1

Does anyone know how to find out this stuff without joining Experian and waiting two weeks while they fuck about sending out a PIN?

Mine is fine but it's my wife's seems to be causing an issue with a mortgage lender and it's causing us loads of grief at the moment.

Why don't you buy a house. In doing so you will have to apply for a mortgage. It might not give you an exact score, but it will give you an indication of your credit worthiness. 

You're welcome.

Why don't you buy a house. In doing so you will have to apply for a mortgage. It might not give you an exact score, but it will give you an indication of your credit worthiness. 

You're welcome.

About as much use as an ejector seat in a helicopter.

• Upvote 1

Credit scores are counts. We have just both got a mortgage and I am paying back a bank-loan to natwest and haven't missed a single payment. Yesterday I applied for a 5k loan which I really need and got turned down! Fucking idiots. Now I'm stuck and have no idea why Ive been turned down. Not missed a credit payment since for about 10 years! 

• Upvote 1

Credit scores are counts. We have just both got a mortgage and I am paying back a bank-loan to natwest and haven't missed a single payment. Yesterday I applied for a 5k loan which I really need and got turned down! Fucking idiots. Now I'm stuck and have no idea why Ive been turned down. Not missed a credit payment since for about 10 years!

The several gallons of alcohol charged to your card each week may not have gone unnoticed Stig.

Guest davelfc

In the UK, there's no universal credit rating or score, and there's no blacklist of banned people. 

Each lender scores you differently and secretly.

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/loans/credit-rating-credit-score

Basically if you're paying for monthly credit scores, you're being conned. You can get your credit file for £2 and it might indicate areas on your credit files that are causing problems. 

credit scores are pretty meaningless

However checking whats on your credit files is very useful so you can see what potential lenders see about you e.g. your existing debts, any missed payments, on the electoral roll etc

there are three credit refence agencies

experian 
http://www.experian.co.uk/
three is a 30 day free trial but make sure to cancel before it runs out or
go for the £2 statuatory report.

equifax 
http://www.equifax.co.uk/Products/cr...tm_source=bing

and call credit
http://www.callcreditcheck.com/credit-reference-agency
however noddle do these for free
https://www.noddle.co.uk/?source=callcredit

Make sure you select the £2 statutory report for a one off report

• Upvote 1

You're welcome.

And if he gets knocked back it has a negative impact on his credit score which makes it a step backwards

Have you got on the electoral register at the address you bought? Not being on the register is one of the biggest negatives.

Otherwise, it might simply have been because you recently got a mortgage