You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

iPhone 4 volume keeps decreasing

Joe Le Taxi

Alright lads I've posted before about an issue I had with my phone where it was giving off electric shocks whenever it's on charge but that went away. Now however sometimes when I have my phone unlocked my volume bar will flash up and keep decreasing without me touching it and it's annoying because it muted my alarm this morning.

I'm not pressing the volume down button and no pressure was on it whatsoever when I tested it by holding my phone flat in my hand so does anyone know what's going on?

There's something wrong with the wiring at the volume area, I've had this problem in the past. I think it's loose if I'm not wrong.

Get someone to open it up and put the cables back into place.

Last time I had my phone opened up it slotted itself back into place without having the technician do anything to it. All the best.

• Upvote 1

This should sort it for you Lewis.

1. Plug your phone into your laptop and connect to iTunes.

2. Keep your finger pressed on the on/off button for exactly 10 seconds.

3. Hit your phone with a brick until it's broken into little pieces then go and buy a Google Nexus.

You're welcome.

• 2 weeks later...