You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last TV Show you watched

Guest Numero Veinticinco

56 minutes ago, manwiththestick said:

Haha, series linked this last week and started on the feature length pilot the other night, it's not aged well at all, I doubt I'll continue and I loved it as a kid.

Some of the effects are truly awful, but i'm deffo sticking with it for the same reason why i prefer old Dr Who over this current garbage. Well, actually i was going to say better acting and scripts, but potentially not the case with V. 

Yeah, deffo nostalgia.

1 minute ago, Elite said:

I liked last year's effort.

Yeah it was good for the most part, but they missed out the whole bit with his nephew and there was some weird thing near the end where they seemingly tried to insinuate his wife was some sort of witch (although she had apparently managed to give birth to two white kids rather than mixed race ones).

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Tony Moanero said:

@Champ @Dougie Do'ins

What are your favourite Dickens film/television adaptations?

1951 A Christmas Carol with Alastair Sim. I watched this on Saturday which I'd recorded on CH5 but it was in colour and I'm sure the original version was B&W ???

I also thought the TV mini series which aired last year with Stephen Graham was very good.

I've also just watched two versions of Great Expectations over the weekend. The 1946 B&W one staring John Mills and the 2012 one with Helena Bonham Carter. For me, the 1946 version is much better. Certain films are just better in B&W.

When I initially heard of the TV series Dickensian, I thought it'd be shite as one of the writers used to right scripts for Eastenders. I couldn't have been more wrong.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Total Longo said:

The whole of the original series of V is on demand on Sci Fi at the moment - quality stuff. 

The mini series and The Final Battle were boss but they haven't aged too well which is a shame.

That series they did when the visitors came back was awful though.

Really bad.

4 hours ago, Dougie Do'ins said:

1951 A Christmas Carol with Alastair Sim. I watched this on Saturday which I'd recorded on CH5 but it was in colour and I'm sure the original version was B&W ???

I also thought the TV mini series which aired last year with Stephen Graham was very good.

I've also just watched two versions of Great Expectations over the weekend. The 1946 B&W one staring John Mills and the 2012 one with Helena Bonham Carter. For me, the 1946 version is much better. Certain films are just better in B&W.

When I initially heard of the TV series Dickensian, I thought it'd be shite as one of the writers used to right scripts for Eastenders. I couldn't have been more wrong.

The 1951 Alistair Sim version, (The absolute best version, Sim just nailed it) was originally black & white. The one you watched was a colourised (not colour) version. 

You're right, the b&w version is much better.

I've got a colourised version of It's a Wonderful Life somewhere and that's the same, the b&w version just works better.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Harry's Lad said:

The mini series and The Final Battle were boss but they haven't aged too well which is a shame.

That series they did when the visitors came back was awful though.

Really bad.

Yeah i only remember the two you mentioned, not the later series. The recent remake was cack as well. I think i lasted about 5 episodes before jacking it in.