You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

little things that annoy the shit out of you

boots123

Has a dentist appointment for professional teeth cleaning this morning, 80 bucks lighter. Whilst they were doing it one of my old fillings came away! So ended up having a new filling. I hate the period when the numbness of the injections is wearing off and you look like a spastic whilst drinking your tea. 

True story. Mate of mine never has an injection at the dentist, Says he gets a mild buzz from the pain of the drill.

Normal guy otherwise but this is just fucking weird. Nothing worse imo when they hit a nerve in a tooth.   

Guest Pistonbroke

True story. Mate of mine never has an injection at the dentist, Says he gets a mild buzz from the pain of the drill.

Normal guy otherwise but this is just fucking weird. Nothing worse imo when they hit a nerve in a tooth.   

Over here they ask if you want an Injection or not, I ask them on a scale of 1-10 what the pain will be like without an injection. One time he said about 6 so I went without the injection and it was fucking agony when he got to the last bit of drilling. I still ask and he always says 6 or higher, so I say "Pop and injection in!"

Cyclists with attitude.

I'm all for cycling, its great and more people should cycle instead of driving.

But..... a large number of them are fucking wankers. Especially the middle aged cunts who wear the full cycling gear and expect the world to give way for them. we nearly mowed one down in the car the other day because the stupid cunt decided to cut across us out of fucking nowhere. I looked back and he was shaking his head, fucking raging I was because it was his fault. they think they own the cunting road. Plus, they also think they own walkways as well and one of the cunts nearly took my head off walking up some stairs this morning when he threw his bike up on his shoulder with no awareness or thought for people behind him. I told him to watch where he is swinging his bike and he went "Be more alert then". The cheeky fucking cunt , I told him to fuck off and he walked off muttering something under his breath. No doubt he thinks he is in the right and i'm the one that was left fucking seething about it. they are cunts and wankers. I got into work and stuck a couple of videos on youtube of cyclists getting leathered in London for acting the prick. Made me feel a bit better. Middle-aged crisis cunts.

• Upvote 1

That thing when you're deprived of something and that's all you can think of.

We currently have no broadband while an engineer is trying to sort our phone line and all I can think of is jobs I want to do online.

When I was about 17 my dentist was some fucking evil 7 foot tall Russian film baddie. One of my teeth cracked playing the unmentionable sport so I needed some work done on it. This dentist didn't even offer the injection. I seem to remember asking him gingerly "Don't I need an anaesthetic?" "Nah, you'll be alright".

Agony. Absolute fucking agony.

• Upvote 1

That thing when you're deprived of something and that's all you can think of.

We currently have no broadband while an engineer is trying to sort our phone line and all I can think of is jobs I want to do online.

Have you thought of keeping a couple of magazines handy just in case?

Works for me.

I'm tagging my music collection for the umpteenth time... now, it's ok when you're dealing with 'normal' artists i.e.

'Sting', 'Queen, 'Radiohead' and it SHOULD be ok when dealing with artists like 'Simon & Garfunkel' or 'The Jesus & Mary Chain'...

But when you get Jay-Z vs P.Diddy ft. DJ Nobby' then it all goes to shit. There's no easy way to automate my tagging. It's impossible to know if 'Mike & The Mechanics & Sting' is one, two or three artists, without me manually intervening.

It's a small thing that pisses me off hugely.

Had arranged a deal to sell one of my guitars for a sizeable sum tonight, just received a text off the lad saying he's turned back because he's been stuck in traffic for the past couple of hours on the M62. The deal will have to wait until next Tuesday.

I'm sure the guy is genuine but I have very little patience whatsoever, I hate loose ends and like things to be sorted, done and dusted. The next 8 days will be frustrating as fuck.

Had arranged a deal to sell one of my guitars for a sizeable sum tonight, just received a text off the lad saying he's turned back because he's been stuck in traffic for the past couple of hours on the M62. The deal will have to wait until next Tuesday.

I'm sure the guy is genuine but I have very little patience whatsoever, I hate loose ends and like things to be sorted, done and dusted. The next 8 days will be frustrating as fuck.

There was a crash and it was closed in both directions, so genuine... and at least he called. Frustrating but better than a total time waster.

I've no idea how you can sell a guitar. I can't do it, I get too attached to them.

• Upvote 2

Prefixing the names of certain countries - Ukraine, Lebanon, Yemen, Gambia - with "the".

"Where are you going on holiday?"

"The Portugal."

Using the definite article does my head in too, but in the case of plural countries, e.g. the Netherlands and where there is States, Republic etc it is correct though.

I think I've caught and stopped myself doing Ukraine, I think Gambia is the Republic of The Gambia, so maybe more acceptable, but I'm not sure I would do the others you mentioned though, although I've heard people do it, it does sound and feel weird

• Upvote 1

When in London the other day I had the misfortune to be travelling in the tube on rush hour...... on a hot day. Fuck me but thats some existence, loads of twats dashing about with coffees in their hands and ear plugs.

Had my mum with me and shes now a little unsteady on her legs now so it was a bit awkward for her getting on and off escalators and down steps etc. Anyway, going down some busy steep steps shes going steadily holding onto the hand rail and is proceeding nicely. That is until this twat started walking up the stairs towards her obviously expecting her to let go so he could walk up the inside. Luckily I spotted what he was looking to do and stepped in front of my mum, the twat kept coming until we were nearly nose to nose, well his nose to my chest, the fucking bastard. I was fuming and made it clear that if he didnt move to one side he'd be starting the journey up the stairs again. He moved.

I'm a nice calm natured bloke but If i had to do that journey everyday I'd soon turn into Falling Down Michael Douglas

• Upvote 5

When in London the other day I had the misfortune to be travelling in the tube on rush hour...... on a hot day. Fuck me but thats some existence, loads of twats dashing about with coffees in their hands and ear plugs.

Had my mum with me and shes now a little unsteady on her legs now so it was a bit awkward for her getting on and off escalators and down steps etc. Anyway, going down some busy steep steps shes going steadily holding onto the hand rail and is proceeding nicely. That is until this twat started walking up the stairs towards her obviously expecting her to let go so he could walk up the inside. Luckily I spotted what he was looking to do and stepped in front of my mum, the twat kept coming until we were nearly nose to nose, well his nose to my chest, the fucking bastard. I was fuming and made it clear that if he didnt move to one side he'd be starting the journey up the stairs again. He moved.

I'm a nice calm natured bloke but If i had to do that journey everyday I'd soon turn into Falling Down Michael Douglas

Rush hour is madness. I love the tube otherwise though!

• Upvote 1

Guest Slim(fast)Shady

Thick people...especially thick women!

The older i get the harder i'm finding not to say something DEEPLY offensive!!

No super brain myself i mean, but some of them? "5000....is that 5 followed by 2 zero's...or 3?"...FFS!!

Any controversy with 'gate' slapped on the end because it was part of the name of a hotel where some shit happened 50 years ago. 

If there's another controversy at the same hotel, we'll have to call it Watergategate.

Or if there's an incident at the back gate to the hotel car park, it'll be Watergategategate.

• Upvote 1