You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

U-21's Man Utd - Liverpool

James Dean

I hope Borini comes good, but I reckon he'll go if we receive an offer because I can't see him getting games if we buy another attacking player. I know a lot have written him off, but he has something about him. He's played and scored in the Rome derby, went to the Euros with Italy and looked very good for the under 21s in the summer, he must have something about him, unfortunately we haven't seen enough of it so far, but I'm still backing him to score some important goals if he stays.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Missed most of the game.

Did Kelly look sharp ?

I wouldn't say sharpbut he did as well as could be expected I think. It's obviously going to take a little while for him to get fully match fit and back to where he was, but this was definitely a step in the right direction.

Apparently he's at Melwood with the 1st team. Wouldn't be surprised if we shipped him off on loan - if we think he's too good to play for the U21s but not ready for the 1st team.

Arr I hope he is yerno, loan him off somewhere get first team experience then see how he does in are first team. Looks boss in the U21s a very very exciting prospect.

I wouldn't say sharpbut he did as well as could be expected I think. It's obviously going to take a little while for him to get fully match fit and back to where he was, but this was definitely a step in the right direction.

Need him back to his best . Still reckon he has the potential to be a great centre back for us.

Need him back to his best . Still reckon he has the potential to be a great centre back for us.

Agreed. He looked strong and confident there tonight. Read the game well, used the ball well. I think he can make the position his own in the long term.

Rossiter, wow that lad has it. Sixteen years of age, scary stuff. Keep the hype down but it is hard not to get carried away seeing a lad of that age playing at that level and looking so composed.

Sorry mate but I just don't see it.

Obviously the kid is still only 16 and whilst it is impressive that he's duking it out with kids 5 years his senior, I haven't seen anything to get so upbeat about.

Hope the kid goes on to prove me wrong, obviously.

Sorry mate but I just don't see it.

Obviously the kid is still only 16 and whilst it is impressive that he's duking it out with kids 5 years his senior, I haven't seen anything to get so upbeat about.

Hope the kid goes on to prove me wrong, obviously.

He is sixteen and his distribution and reading of the game is a bit special, maybe me wanting it to be but he looks like a player.

I think Ibe has it as well and possibly a few others, players who play above their level and do not look out of place, tells me they can make it.

Not saying i am right and a lot of things can happen but he looks like a very composed player to me, playing way beyond his years.

I do hope i am right for a change.

He is sixteen and his distribution and reading of the game is a bit special, maybe me wanting it to be but he looks like a player.

I think Ibe has it as well and possibly a few others, players who play above their level and do not look out of place, tells me they can make it.

Not saying i am right and a lot of things can happen but he looks like a very composed player to me, playing way beyond his years.

I do hope i am right for a change.

Couldn't agree more. There are no guarantees on whether players like him will continue improving and developing but to me Inglethorpe's decision to throw him in at that level so soon was vindicated on yesterday's showing as he imposed himself and had an influence on the game.

Couldn't agree more. There are no guarantees on whether players like him will continue improving and developing but to me Inglethorpe's decision to throw him in at that level so soon was vindicated on yesterday's showing as he imposed himself and had an influence on the game.

I'm in the same camp as you and Sangria. The kid plays like a 30 year old, a bit in the Makele mould, but probably with better distribution already! Still a long way to go and it'll be interesting to see whether his physical development helps or slows his progress, but he has massive potential.